Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Millionaire Raffle 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

4900 x 500 = 2,450,000 not 245000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Can anybody tell me are the numbers of the ticket are sequential or random?

Could you tell from one gotten today that that number is how manh have been sold up to that point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me are the numbers of the ticket are sequential or random?

Could you tell from one gotten today that that number is how manh have been sold up to that point?

From memory they should be fairly sequential, what 'ballpark figure' did you get? (Don't' give out the exact full number, obviously).

They should be over 400,000k sold by now (if they're selling well, since Nov 1st).

With draw in about 1wks time (31 Dec). That date may close if the pool has been fully acquired by then.

From memory they should be fairly sequential, what 'ballpark figure' did you get? (Don't' give out the exact full number, obviously).

They should be over 400,000k sold by now (if they're selling well, since Nov 1st).

With draw in about 1wks time (31 Dec). That date may close if the pool has been fully acquired by then.

During the week I got one between 110,000 and 120,000. The signs have only been up at the tills in shops in the last week or 2.

• Advertisement

During the week I got one between 110,000 and 120,000. The signs have only been up at the tills in shops in the last week or 2.

Fook, that sounds really low, think if they don't sell all 500,000 of them - the prizefund is reduced accordingly, not sure how that's done, a bit of the aul poking at the abacus and what have ye'.

Technically it's a NYE raffle, not a Christmas raffle, t-8days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

I got one yesterday and it was still in the 120,000's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Ha, I'd love to think this wee thread had something to do with the slow sales, but alas, I expect there to be a mad dash to the finish after Christmas .

I am curious though about them possibly messing with the prizes should they not sell out? How would they manage that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Interesting.

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Ha, I'd love to think this wee thread had something to do with the slow sales, but alas, I expect there to be a mad dash to the finish after Christmas .

I am curious though about them possibly messing with the prizes should they not sell out? How would they manage that?

Lol, yes this wee thread is useful for anyone making a decision with their hard earned notes. Only 16 prizes above 10k, most of the 5,056/500,000 tickets well below that. Thus realistic 1.1076 % chance of any prize...

36% (circa) is the available prize pool, some charity yes, but most of the percentage seems to for their operational type running costs and/or own fund pool.

Rule 4.(c) : Suggests that the draw date may be 'extended' if it's not sold out. ...Easter Raffle?

• Advertisement

4.(c): Suggest that the draw date may be 'extended' if it's not sold out.
    Easter Raffle?

The sneaky basturdz!

Hope this news makes the rounds before anyone else starts feelin lucky.
    Good work Accumulator, take a bow :D

Good spot, wouldnt look great for the draw if one year the top prize isnt clamied and the next year the draw is pushed back!
    Lol, yes this wee thread is useful for anyone making a decision with their hard earned notes. Only 16 prizes above 10k, most of the 5,056/500,000 tickets well below that. Thus realistic 1.1076 % chance of any prize...

36% (circa) is the available prize pool, some charity yes, but most of the percentage seems to for their operational type running costs and/or own fund pool.

Rule 4.(c) : Suggests that the draw date may be 'extended' if it's not sold out. ...Easter Raffle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Good spot, wouldnt look great for the draw if one year the top prize isnt clamied and the next year the draw is pushed back!

I think it would kill the next years raffle alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I bought one today and the number is more than 200,000 and less than 250,000

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I bought one today and the number is more than 200,000 and less than 250,000

Bought some on Monday and numbers were in the 90k bracket and another on Thursday which was 120k so 30k in three days followed by a spike of about 100k in the next three days.

Would still imagine their peak sales period is the pre-Xmas so less than half sold on Christmas Eve must be disappointing. Expect a big sales push next week.

And agreed, an unclaimed winner in 2016 followed by a pushed back draw or reduction in prizes would not be good PR especially with the increase in tickets and cost.

Edited to add: I went back to first page of thread and see I posted that I bought tickets numbered in the 260k range on the 23rd last year so although sales are down on that they may still make it if they push the advertising.

:pac: I got one for Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Picked one up today. At 260,000.

Yeah got one an hour ago in the 260's as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

So based on last few posts they've sold somewhere between 10-60k in two days.

At same mark three days earlier last year. Anyone know when they sold out in 2016?

40k per day needed. I wonder what the cut off point is? If they only sell 400k that's still €5.6m profit (ignoring charity, commision and overheads). That's still 40% more profit than when they limited the number of tickets to 350k at €20 a pop so should be no excuse for pushing the draw back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Are they allowed to push the draw date back? I mean people bought tickets with the expectation of a new years draw.

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »
    Are they allowed to push the draw date back? I mean people bought tickets with the expectation of a new years draw.

Apart from giving their marketing dept a major headache, and setting twatter in to fire-control mode, that push-back may remain a possibility - See Rule 4.(c).

The folks over at the Liveline recently ran a story on this, (see RTE podcast). Thinks Joe's general conclusion was that for next year to is i) Reduce price back to 20, or advertise the increased price more efficiently ii) As it's Christmas, increase the amount given up to 50% for charity iii) And the other 50% to the punters, and let the Ontario pension fundsters take a hit for once.

There was plenty of stories of aul wans going into shops with 100notes to get a handful of tickets, upon hearing of the price would now be 125, most turned around and walked out. That's a sales margin of -100 they otherwise may have got.

But at the end of the day, guess even those properly informed of the actual numerals and percentiles are still free to splash their cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

Bought one yesterday afternoon (despite saying I wouldn't because the price went up!) - got in around 267 mark.... seems to be well down this year.

Even with accounting for a big last day or 2 I think its unlikely theyl sell close to 50% of the total amount in the last few days seeing how its gone so far.

I guess they need to weigh up the costs of going ahead with the draw / lowering the prize pool(?) or else holding off for a later date and the bad press that would come with this. Anything but going ahead with the draw as described would surely cripple any future draws in the publics mind.

I don't know, it always somehow manages to sell out by the time the finish rolls around......we'll see! I'll be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't, even though I now have a ticket myself thanks to my family's Christmas gifting, grrr . They had a right laugh when I told them about this thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I got 2 today in the 294,000s. Bought both at the same time and there was 12 numbers in the difference of the two ticket numbers

1day and 23hrs left, can't see it selling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

It selling out is the real lottery, wonder if you can get odds on it

It selling out is the real lottery, wonder if you can get odds on it

Only various state weeklies and the euromill' main draws.

The Canadian pension fundsters in Ontario will have to wait a while longer to pop their corks.

They'll have to announce to media before long if it's going ahead with reduced returns (62% if 300k tickets). Or if it's begin delayed until e.g. Easter.

Maybe tonights euromillions win will inspire a few more sales with people trying to escape a return to post christmas normality next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

Found €50 yesterday in my local shop. Treated myself to one of these raffle tickets with it. Pure sweet if I get a win.

Advertisement