Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Millionaire Raffle 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

just checked mine

and........................

i didn't fukin win :mad: they can stick it up their...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

6 tickets I know of, those I bought for others, one I had with my mam, and another she bought for her co-workers: all zerooooooo.

Between friends and family we had around 10 tickets and nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

A relation bought around 5, and got nought, nil, nada, nothing, zero, zilch and zip.

Let's hope the charities/admin put the (65%) of total funds to good use and not on inflated salaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,322 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

A relation bought around 5, and got nought, nil, nada, nothing, zero, zilch and zip.

Let's hope the charities/admin put the (65%) of total funds to good use and not on inflated salaries.

Do the Lottery still give to charities, spots, etc since the buyout?

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »
    Do the Lottery still give to charities, spots, etc since the buyout?

Hard to know what the deal is with this particular raffle...

...But the regular IRL lotto was/is the 2nd best in Europe for both the Chardys 31% and Players 55% alike. So if you like playing Lotto, it's pretty good.

Still (as with any Lotto) if you're any good at maths you'll find much better ways of increasing your ROI% - without making contributions to the Ontario retired Teachers pension funds, operators reserve funds, or admin fees.

On the plus side if it reduces the amount of DM & Chuggers on the streets, that's welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

Nada here as well.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Have we any winners at all on Boards.
    I won't be buying one of these again as I think it's a rip-off.

Unreal:

Time is running out for Millionaire Raffle winner to claim €1 million prize.

Lucky ticket sold In Cork

Deadline for claim: Friday 31 March
    The winner(s) of the €1 million National Lottery Christmas Millionaire Raffle has less than three weeks left to claim their prize. The deadline of Friday 31 March is fast approaching.

The Christmas Millionaire top prize winning ticket of €1 million, was ticket number 179740. The lucky ticket was purchased at the Topaz Service Station on Lower Tivoli Road in Cork on 21 December 2016.

Very curious to say the least, and presuming this 'missing' 1m will go back into their coffers?

Sure, occasionally folks may misplace the regular weekly lotto ticket. But to loose the largest winning prize from it's big shinny golden envelope, could naturally arise suspicion. With a much higher value unit cost and plenty of holiday time to locate, and then check such tickets it's very odd that this should occur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Agree given the €20 price of the tickets l'd say there's not too many tickets that go unchecked , and then it turns out one of the few unchecked tickets is the big winner .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

probably given as a Christmas present and ended up in a green bin somewhere!!

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/christmas-dream-turns-into-nightmare-as-customer-fails-to-collect-1m-christmas-millionaire-raffle-prize-35583331.html

"Christmas dream turns into nightmare as customer fails to collect €1m Christmas Millionaire raffle prize"

It is now feared that the winning ticket was either lost or given to someone overseas who failed to realise their festive good fortune.

.....................bah humbug, I hope to God whoever had/has it NEVER realizes it!

Wow.......the only difference in prizes this year is the 500 (lowest) prize amount --AND they have RAISED the ticket price by a fiver.

You almost have to admire such Chutzpah :pac:

I will not be buying any , but people ought to be made aware. How they can justify this price rise hot on the heels of keeping the top prize last year is mystifying.
    Only 500,000 tickets

1 Prize of €1,000,000

1 Prize of €250,000

4 Prizes of €100,000

10 Prizes of €10,000

25 Prizes of €5,000

115 Prizes of €1,000

4,900 Prizes of €500

• Registered Users Posts: 11,322 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

So they've gone from a take of €7m and a payout of €3m in 2015 to a take of €12.5m and a payout of €4.44m this year i.e. from a €4m profit and almost 43% payout to over €7m profit and less than 36% payout with an increase in turnover of nearly 79%.

Obviously there are overheads etc and these figures assume all tickets are sold but not bad for the Canadian teachers.

Looking like a good year for the condo retirees over in Ontario etc,
    Think tickets are 25yoyos this year. I won't be contributing.
    If it's 36%, that's a load of toilet

Did anyone actually win last year? From memory very few from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I'm out

The crowd the lotto were sold to are absolute gangsters. From what I've noticed people have less chance of winning with higher price per ticket and smaller prize increases per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The price is now €25, thought it was always €20.

fin12 wrote: »
    The price is now €25, thought it was always €20.

Set to be a colder winter than usual over in Canada, heating costs have increased.

• Advertisement

Looking like a good year for the condo retirees over in Ontario etc,
    Think tickets are 25yoyos this year. I won't be contributing.
    If it's 36%, that's a load of toilet

Did anyone actually win last year? From memory very few from this thread.

Nope, not one of us or our families and friends won anything (on this thread anyhow).

It would be brilliant if there was a boycott of this by everyone in Ireland this year, might shake some sense into them.
    A draw that's meant to bring good cheer-as many are purchased as gifts-has really become a straight up hustle/con.
    A real pity!

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Nope, not one of us or our families and friends won anything (on this thread anyhow).

It would be brilliant if there was a boycott of this by everyone in Ireland this year, might shake some sense into them.
    A draw that's meant to bring good cheer-as many are purchased as gifts-has really become a straight up hustle/con.
    A real pity!

Same, someone gave me one last year (one of x10 bulk purchase), didn't hear of anyone getting anything, anywhere.

Numerically the chances of winning are slightly better this year at 1.011%, the year before was 0.6352%. But that 159% increase is slightly offset by 125% entry price increase.

The fact that one of the very big jackpot prizes was unclaimed or lost for a while last year arises some suspicion, (someone just misplaced a big golden type shinny envelope?).

The prizepool is slightly less than 36% (at 35.52%). Now if that 64.48% of €12,500,000 receipts was going directly to building UN disaster style homeless shelters and soup kitchens in the parks and towns of our local cities, might've considered a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭jacool

I can't understand why they threw an extra million into last Friday's Euromillions jackpot, when everyone was going to be playing for some €70 million anyway. They could have put that into the Christmas draw and drawn punters in for that one. From here, looks like loads, me included, will not be participating this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

jacool wrote: »
    I can't understand why they threw an extra million into last Friday's Euromillions jackpot, when everyone was going to be playing for some €70 million anyway. They could have put that into the Christmas draw and drawn punters in for that one. From here, looks like loads, me included, will not be participating this year.

What happend to the unclaimed winnings? Was there any update?

That'll be some Christmas party, order in the Cristal for late delivery on close of business on the 24th.

Did any one ever claim the 1m golden raffle ticket last year? Reports were it was sold in Cork and tabloids said there was 'just hours left' to claim back in '16...

No, they kept it .

All very very peculiar indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

So u think these prizes that go left unclaimed are just fake? It just seems to me like people are winning everyday, if it’s not the big ones, it’s scratch cards as wells.

I play online as well, won 20 euro on a scratch card online but that was after about playing the game over 10times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement