Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Millionaire Raffle 2016

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

martin101 wrote:
    Won 500 quid, wife is due in a few weeks time so every little helps. It will all go on nappies no doubt

Delighted you won something ! Enjoy it x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Danica Odd Sage

Just had a quick check, actually surprised it went ahead^, and the highest winning ticket number was only around the 360k mark.

That means (if they haven't modified the prize fund, that the punters did better than expected in this instance).
    Due to low ticket sales only 72% of target, and ^deferment of any sales extension period (as was allowed under their terms).
    Thus overall chances of winning were increased slightly by 128% for those that had a ticket!

'Revised/Reduced' income €9m (just 360k ticket sales)
    Prize Fund: €4.4m (raised now up to 48.88%, if the 4.4m as advertised, based on 500k sales, is 'unmodified')
    Gross Profit/Margin: €1.9m+ (21.12%) large reduction if charity is promised 30% of total revenue.
    Good Causes: €2.7m (e.g. if presumed steady at 30%)

Worth waiting for updates, as very small risk it may be nullified.

Guess who's ever marketing idea it was to increase the price gets a kick in the...
    As they only made a small profit after operating costs could be near single digits %.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Just had a quick check, actually surprised it went ahead^, and the highest winning ticket number was only around the 360k mark.

That means (if they haven't modified the prize fund, that the punters did better than expected in this instance).
    Due to low ticket sales only 72% of target, and ^deferment of any sales extension period (as was allowed under their terms).
    Thus overall chances of winning were increased slightly by 128% for those that had a ticket!

'Revised/Reduced' income €9m (just 360k ticket sales)
    Prize Fund: €4.4m (raised now up to 48.88%, if the 4.4m as advertised, based on 500k sales, is 'unmodified')
    Gross Profit/Margin: €1.9m+ (21.12%) large reduction if charity is promised 30% of total revenue.
    Good Causes: €2.7m (e.g. if presumed steady at 30%)

Worth waiting for updates, as very small risk it may be nullified.

Guess who's ever marketing idea it was to increase the price gets a kick in the...
    As they only made a small profit after operating costs could be near single digits %.

I would say there is next to zero chance of that happening. Why give themselves the bad publicity and hassle when they could have just deferred the draw as per their t's&c's?

Nothing for me. 120 tickets from €500 which also rules out the two I bought with mine as presents. Did buy another as a present in the 120k range and I see there were two €10k prizes there so good luck to that person.

Well done, Martin. Nice to see someone here winning. And best of luck with the new arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

5 tickets off €500
    Ah well roll on next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

Better Luck Next Time here as well :( Back to work for me as well.

List of shops with big winners:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/a-ticket-sold-in-wexford-won-1m-in-the-lotterys-christmas-millionaire-raffle-820843.html

Collie D wrote: »
    I would say there is next to zero chance of that happening. Why give themselves the bad publicity and hassle when they could have just deferred the draw as per their t's&c's?

Yep seems to be the case, they took the hit to avoid any more bad PR.

In this instance the punters did better than expected. All prizes appear to have been awarded, with highest ticket number of 359,784. (1 prize issued on {loose average} every 72 tickets sold).

Total revenue actually down €1m from what it would have been, if priced tickets lower at €20 and with a more likely sell-out.
    Margins/GP also down due to abiding by advertised payment structure assuming charity still gets the standard 30%.

2017 CMR: PF:48.88% GP/M:21.12% Charidy:30%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Not a sausage here either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

Not a sausage here either :(

Same here and not for the first time. Every single time Lottery held this raffle I have played. Never won a cent. The first time they ran it between myself/Himself and my sister we had 9 tickets between us and none of us had any win.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭emmaro

Got two tickets every year and have never won a thing. Had nine tickets in the family last year and nothing :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Well done Martin, delighted for you!

Didn't win anything out of the 2 tickets we got either:(

There should be 1 winner along after every 72 failed attempts (approx).
    You's actually got better odds than expected due to the low sales figures.

A Wexford shop is where Ireland’s Christmas Millionaire Raffle ticket worth €1million was sold.
    The ticket was sold at Flanagan’s Centra in Castlebridge on Thursday, December 14.
    Let's hope it gets claimed/cashed in this time folks!

Meanwhile 306241 has won €250,000. The ticket was sold at Tarpey’s SuperValu on the Cootehill Road in Cavan on Saturday, on December 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone win anything?

One of my friends won €500. Winner named as a professional footballer in the Irish Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Had four tickets here and won nothing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Bought 2 myself, scanned the barcode and no winner. No point in checking the list of winners. That would be like twisting the knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Has there been a main prize winner of any draws bought online yet? I've been doing the lotto and euro millions online only the last couple of years. Bought my millionaire raffle ticket online too ( won nothing)

It's back again, the end of year raffle, 500,000 tickets (or less, pending sales), with a prizefund of 37% from all those sales (the rest, guess goes to their profit fund, charidy and operating costs)

Vast majority are low-ish prizes (1k or less):

x4 large (only 4 people will win 100k or more).
    x40 mid (5-10k)
    x5,965 low

Ratio to win is 1 in every 83 tickets sold.

Wouldn't consider buying one, unless the sales were (very) low, thereby enhancing the potential win ratio for any prize above the default of 1.2%.
    Approx figures, E&OE.

Advertisement