Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nokia Lumia 925

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

jimmynokia wrote: »
    You have totally missed the point there.
    Would you like to be a bit more concise then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Slick50 wrote: »
    That's not what it says here but whatever. Thanks.

What am i looking for there in regards to call recording,and who owns the OS ? That would be MS right?

What am i looking for there in regards to call recording,and who owns the OS ? That would be MS right?
    Your right it is, but it is a Nokia product, and it is them that are playing catch-up in the market. Thanks for your reply.

Your right it is, but it is a Nokia product, and it is them that are playing catch-up in the market. Thanks for your reply.
    because you can't record calls, Ohh that's new.

because you can't record calls, Ohh that's new.
    No, because they were so slow off the blocks in the smart phone sector in the first place. Not including the call record feature, that they had on earlier phones, is a missed opportunity. It is a very usefull feature, particularly in business, and it is something already resolved for most other manufacturers.

• Advertisement

No, because they were so slow off the blocks in the smart phone sector in the first place. Not including the call record feature, that they had on earlier phones, is a missed opportunity. It is a very usefull feature, particularly in business, and it is something already resolved for most other manufacturers.
    Still clearly blind to the point.

Still clearly blind to the point.
    :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Mine are tired of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DougalZ

midger wrote: »
    I have the Lumia 925 a month now. Amazing phone but has anyone else experienced poor signal strength/dropping calls? Any fixes to this problem?

Have you tried turning on and off flight mode, this improves performance/reception. Also there were firmware and software updates released lately which ironed out some performance issues if you go into settings and into "about" your OS version should be x.x.xxxxx.78 and firmware xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.2004, if not these go into phone update and check for them. This greatly improved the performance of mine (which was having the same issues).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Got a software update today, which I wasn't expecting as I only bought mine 3 weeks ago and it already had Amber. Any idea what it was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Got a software update today, which I wasn't expecting as I only bought mine 3 weeks ago and it already had Amber. Any idea what it was?

It enabled 4g :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

What network are you on?

liamog wrote: »
    What network are you on?

Meteor

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Was hoping we'd start to see the Vodafone 4G roll out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Meteor
    Did you have to change anything on the phone? Or did you have to change contract with Meteor?

I'm on eMobile (same network), and 4G has not yet been enabled.

Its seems 4g is now selectable as highest speed, but I'm not on a 4g contract.

Its seems 4g is now selectable as highest speed, but I'm not on a 4g contract.
    Ahh. 4G can be selected as highest download speed, but your network doesn't show a 4G connection?
    If so, that's the same as me. I thought you had been lucky and got a 4G connection just as part of the software update.

Thanks for the info.

Ahh. 4G can be selected as highest download speed, but your network doesn't show a 4G connection?
    If so, that's the same as me. I thought you had been lucky and got a 4G connection just as part of the software update.

Thanks for the info.
    sadly no!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

The man in the shop told me that you'd have to see out your current contract anyway before you'd be even offered the 4g.

The man in the shop told me that you'd have to see out your current contract anyway before you'd be even offered the 4g.
    He is talking crap then I moved to 4G today I have it working, your plan changes to the 4G when your current tariffs billing date is due and you can use 4G straight away

• Advertisement

Back plate is a tiny bit loose, should I be worried? Its meant to be removable isn't it?

When entering email addresses, there's a button with '.co.uk' in it, how do I change it to '.com'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

When entering email addresses, there's a button with '.co.uk' in it, how do I change it to '.com'?

settings => keyboard => add, select English US, then optionally remove the UK keyboard or leave both there so that you can change between the two on the fly whenever the keyboard pops up. Back to .com as default.

on a side note, i was messing around with my old htc diamond 2 last night, i had forgotten how truly terrible windows mobile, and the keyboard especially, had become by the 6.5 release.

Back plate is a tiny bit loose, should I be worried? Its meant to be removable isn't it?

You can just tap and hold the. Co. UK and other options pop up.
    The backplate should not be loose, it's not removable for the consumer so to speak.

settings => keyboard => add, select English US, then optionally remove the UK keyboard or leave both there so that you can change between the two on the fly whenever the keyboard pops up. Back to .com as default.

Is there any way to get an English Ireland keyboard? It'd be handy to have a .ie flyout option on that button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Is there any way to get an English Ireland keyboard? It'd be handy to have a .ie flyout option on that button.

I could almost swear that my old HD7 (running WP7) had a .ie keyboard button at one point, but I can't remember if it was a special IE keyboard layout or if it was a mod O2 had made to the handset. Disappeared with WP8.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭ChewyLuey

Hi 925 users. I'm using Whatsapp group chats a lot on my Lumia 800 (WP 7.8) and it has the annoying bug that when group chats are silenced I don't get notifications and need to constantly check for new messages.

Do you know if this is the same on the 925 and WP8 ?

I'm unsure if its a shortcoming of the platform or Whatsapp itself.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

@ChewyLuey Notifications have been fixed in WP8 with latest GDR releases, also Whats App itself is very good and consistently getting updates

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭ChewyLuey

great thanks Simi. Think ill fight off the HTC One temptation and go with the 925 so :)

Advertisement