Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nokia Lumia 925

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

My 925 arrived today .:DBNTK7EDCYAA5stZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Sweet. I'm wavering on holding out for this or just getting a 920, so would appreciate if you could post some feedback when you have your head wrapped round it.

Sweet. I'm wavering on holding out for this or just getting a 920, so would appreciate if you could post some feedback when you have your head wrapped round it.
    Yeah I will put up a review for sure. Just on the 920 the 925 is much lighter many folk seen the 920 as heavy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

jimmynokia wrote: »
    My 925 arrived today .:DBNTK7EDCYAA5stZ.jpg

How'd you get that!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Any gaps and creaking?

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote: »
    How'd you get that!?
    I have contacts.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Any gaps and creaking?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I have contacts.

It's called people now, not contacts:pac:

gman2k wrote: »
    It's called people now, not contacts:pac:
    Makes no ods what you call it,it works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Makes no ods what you call it,it works for me.

:P:pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 16,414 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Nokia will be announcing a 41 megapixel Windows Phone device on the 11th of July, so it might be worth hanging on for that.

Nokia will be announcing a 41 megapixel Windows Phone device on the 11th of July, so it might be worth hanging on for that.
    I mentioned that earlier in the thread will be interesting alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Blut2

I think waiting 2 months would be a far better call than investing in a 925 to be honest. Theres a fair bit of leaked information out there on the EOS already, http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_eos-5506.php provides a bit of a summary.

If its announced July 11th hopefully (presuming the Irish networks pick it up) we might see it hitting Irish networks at the start of September.

The closeness of timing to the 925 is a bit odd though, I can't really see why anyone would get a 925 instead of an EOS unless theres a massive difference in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really love the look of it. But with all the talk of the EOS and the fact that I'm due an upgrade in August, I reckon I'll hold off to see what Nokia have up their sleeve.

Blut2 wrote: »
    I think waiting 2 months would be a far better call than investing in a 925 to be honest. Theres a fair bit of leaked information out there on the EOS already, http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_eos-5506.php provides a bit of a summary.

If its announced July 11th hopefully (presuming the Irish networks pick it up) we might see it hitting Irish networks at the start of September.

The closeness of timing to the 925 is a bit odd though, I can't really see why anyone would get a 925 instead of an EOS unless theres a massive difference in price.
    It won't be sept it will be Q4

• Registered Users Posts: 16,414 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Blut2 wrote: »
    The Eos or whatever it will be called will be a heavier and thicker device thanks to the Xenon flash + camera hump. Some folks will be happy to trade camera specs for a lighter and thinner device.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Blut2

It won't be sept it will be Q4

The 925 was announced on May 14th and is hitting Irish networks on July 1st

The EOS will (almost certainly) be announced on July 11th. I'd say a September arrival would be about right.
    The Eos or whatever it will be called will be a heavier and thicker device thanks to the Xenon flash + camera hump. Some folks will be happy to trade camera specs for a lighter and thinner device.

True. I imagine it will also be more expensive. It still seems odd though - with the camera and the possible quad core - http://www.gsmarena.com/quadcore_nokia_with_wp8_shows_up_in_gfxbench_scores-news-6225.php - it will definitely relegate the 925 to mid-tier in specs. I guess having more phone options is always good, I think a lot of potential 925 buyers will just end up waiting for the EOS though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Phone is up on Meteor, Vodafone and O2's website it seems.

It was officially launched yesterday and also I was told charging shells will be available this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Shame all the networks only seem to have it in black. I wanted it in white. The black plastic looks cheaper and more scuffed looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pwwillia

as usual, not available on 3.

pwwillia wrote: »
    as usual, not available on 3.

Yup! 3 seem to have an issue with nokia dont they!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

AngryLips wrote: »
    Shame all the networks only seem to have it in black. I wanted it in white. The black plastic looks cheaper and more scuffed looking.
    Emobile have it in silver

The silver is the one I have, the back has a matte finish the black is gloss. The silver could get dirty easy and some advice, buy a gel case or cover the lens on back is a tad vulnerable to been scratched if left flat. Very similar to the S4

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Yup! 3 seem to have an issue with Nokia don't they!

Rumor is they've fallen for the trap of we won't stock them as we haven't sold any it, did they get landed with a large inventory of Lumia 800's last year?

liamog wrote: »
    Rumor is they've fallen for the trap of we won't stock them as we haven't sold any it, did they get landed with a large inventory of Lumia 800's last year?

3 never passed on the reduction the other networks got it their own fault and as for listening to Samsung and apple as to what to sell well I've no sympathy for them, they have a brutal handset choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pwwillia

When you see the handset choice on 3uk it does make you wonder.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Hopefully they keep the handset sourcing team from o2, Three have always been a bit of joke when it comes to getting the latest and greatest.

The wife is due her upgrade in 4 days and will be picking up the 925. Now if I only I can convince her it's too big and my 820 would suit her better :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So, so tempted to get this. Just off the phone with Meteor and I can get it for nothing on an upgrade right now. Unlimited calls, unlimited texts, 5gb of internet for €49 a month. Only drawback is a 24 month contract.

Advertisement