Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options
  • 22-10-2015 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭

How to Join the Boards.ie Destiny Clan(s)

X-Box 1: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535
    PS4: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/658545

There is a 2nd clan due to the 1st clan hitting the 100 Playstation Players Max

Step 1:
    Go to the relevant clan and join the group (this does not require approval and happens instantly)

Step 2:
    Go to the “Groups” section again and click on the group you have just joined and click "Set as PS Clan" or “Set as X-Box Clan", this will then be approved by an Admin.
    Once that is done you will notice your Emblem/Banner in-game will have the relevant Clan Tag (1 or 2).

Step 3:

PS4 Players Only:
    At this point message (and send Friend Requests to) the below Admins on PSN saying you’re awaiting approval to the clan and we will invite you to join the PS4 Destiny Boards.ie Community (you will need to accept an invite for this)
    - GenericDreadHead - Clan 2 Founder
    - Fieldog - Clan 1 Founder (This Clans Playstation section is full with 100 PS4 Players)
    - Conovar - Clan 1 Admin
    - Sniper_Samurai - Clan 1 Admin
    - SolvableKnave - Clan 2 Admin
    - CDB-Whoop - Clan 2 Admin

X-Box One Players:
    Please post within this thread with your Gamer Tag and Guardian level and say what you’re interested in playing.
    Several of the other X-Box players will add to their friends list and it usually snowballs from there.
    Alternatively You can find a full list of your clan mates Gamer Tags in the clan by navigating to the "X-Box Clan" (it will only show 10 members per page btw)

PS3 and X-Box 360 Players:
    There are very few last-gen players in any of the clans, honestly I don't even think there are 5 PS3 members out of 190 Playstation Clan mates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

First :D

TitianGerm Celebrates :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Is there nothing happening with the forum?

Is there a certain timeframe or is it purely down to how many votes it gets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Rinse, repeat. This is someting I'm all too familiar with.

dejavu.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

So follow up to my question about getting gear at level 40, when I have enough marks should I just be grabbing anything that is 280, or is there some best way to go about it?

Using that guide I posted at the end of the last thread is good, seem to be going up relatively quick 214 up to 240 in probably 2 hours

mayordenis wrote: »
    So follow up to my question about getting gear at level 40, when I have enough marks should I just be grabbing anything that is 280, or is there some best way to go about it?

Using that guide I posted at the end of the last thread is good, seem to be going up relatively quick 214 up to 240 in probably 2 hours

Your 240 now ? Just play strikes on the highest level possible, go hang around Court of Oryx and finish as many quests as possible.

At your level you should be switching out your gear as soon as you get something with a higher light level. The higher your light the higher the drops.

What quests do you still need to do ? There are some very good rewards for completing some of them, Petra's quest will drop a 290 Bolien Gemni.

• Advertisement

I haven't read that guide but just make sure you have your best gear equipped when decrypting engrams, one at a bloody time, gone is the quick decrypt of the auld days :(

After that just do the activities that your light level will allow. I didn't spend my marks on armour or a ghost as I thought a good weapon was the way to go but if you have a good primary then you could invest in 280 ghost. Don't rush it as the gear will drop, Destiny is a grindy game after all.

PlainP wrote: »
    Is there nothing happening with the forum?

Is there a certain timeframe or is it purely down to how many votes it gets?

Apparently not, 2 threads down and going strong. Think it's based on votes but not sure, we'll get there eventually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

So.... Are we finishing kings fall tonight?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Your 240 now ? Just play strikes on the highest level possible, go hang around Court of Oryx and finish as many quests as possible.

At your level you should be switching out your gear as soon as you get something with a higher light level. The higher your light the higher the drops.

What quests do you still need to do ? There are some very good rewards for completing some of them, Petra's quest will drop a 290 Bolien Gemni.

Cool, that's basically what I'm doing but yea I have a load of quest lines half done, so I'll get around to finishing them up. The way I look at it (could be completely wrong though) I should spend my marks on some 280 vanguard stuff, spend a bunch of strange coins on exotic nonsense tomorrow?
    dudeeile wrote: »
    I haven't read that guide but just make sure you have your best gear equipped when decrypting engrams, one at a bloody time, gone is the quick decrypt of the auld days :(

Whats the reason for that? Just so you have the highest light level each time?

Whats the reason for that? Just so you have the highest light level each time?

Basically the engrams should be decrypting around the same light level, sometimes higher, sometimes lower but generally higher. When you then equip that piece, you have a good chance to go higher again. Inspect each piece of gear as you decrypt them and you fly up the light levels.

If you get a good legendary piece, infuse the rare gear that's higher into it to bring it's level up but do that last after all your engrams are turned in.

Get to 260 then you're good for the heroic strikes, get to 280 and you're good to raid. These activities will give you good gear drops.

• Advertisement

I must try the raid again over the weekend, and see if I consistently bring the lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Trials is back next week at 5pm(hour early due to the clock change on Sunday).

Patch 2.0.2 will adjust ALL Crucible drops due to an error in the rewards algorithm which was the reason for the crappy IB rewards.

The patch will also adjust the more annoying daily bounties and will apparently open up all of the Crucible quest steps leading upto the weekly. That is a great move that will allow players to knock out multiple quest steps at a time so it won't drag on as long as it currebtly does.

The patch is due early next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Full Raid done, finally over 300. Got shag all for drops bar the shotgun and the Shell. Oh well.

The patch will also adjust the more annoying daily bounties and will apparently open up all of the Crucible quest steps leading upto the weekly. That is a great move that will allow players to knock out multiple quest steps at a time so it won't drag on as long as it currebtly does.

The patch is due early next month.

That's great change. They've really made that bounty much more accessible.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good guide for the main and side quests.

I usually breeze through the missions but feel I might be missing out on something, like a hidden chest that would be crucial to another quest.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good guide for the main and side quests.

I usually breeze through the missions but feel I might be missing out on something, like a hidden chest that would be crucial to another quest.

There's nothing like that in any of them, all the missions are generally "go here and shoot something". Were you having issues with a particular one?

There's secret stuff in a couple of them but it's only available if that mission is the daily heroic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Last week, it was clear to us that you were frustrated by the Iron Banner reward drops, and rightly so! It turns out that, when we started digging into the issue, we uncovered a nasty bug that affected how Legendary drops happen throughout the Crucible, including Iron Banner.

We’re working hard to ensure that the next Iron Banner will work as intended, and be even better than before. These changes will make your entire Crucible career more rewarding. Once the final details are locked, we’ll be sure to share them with you. Thanks for all the feedback, and may the Lords of Iron reward your future bravery.

Reflects so badly on them that its taken them this long to realise the Crucible drops are ****ed. We've been saying it since week 1 of TTK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

So.... Are we finishing kings fall tonight?!

Sorry Dave, only just saw your post now, I'm away for a few days but might get a chance to finish it on sunday or monday.

you have your own checkpoint now too, if you can find five others and make yourself the fireteam leader you can still get it done.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's nothing like that in any of them, all the missions are generally "go here and shoot something". Were you having issues with a particular one?

The only thing worth having might be a list of the calcified fragment locations, some of them pop up in certain strikes etc.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The only thing worth having might be a list of the calcified fragment locations, some of them pop up in certain strikes etc.

Oh yeah that's a fair point actually, try this website dave: https://destinycalcifiedfragments.com/

collecting those ends up getting you a particular exotic weapon that's very useful for the last two parts of the raid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Whats my plan after hitting 40 here?

At the moment I'm essentially following this as a guide:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/22/937...est-gear-guide

Seems sensible enough, progression wise.

I'm on PS4 and i'll join the clan later, reckon I'm a decent bit out from raids anywho.

Can't quote the OP anymore but its a really good guide I think its worth adding to the OP here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

dudeeile wrote: »
    Rinse, repeat. This is someting I'm all too familiar with.

WIPE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

All of this has happened before...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

PetKing wrote: »
    All of this has happened before...

Aw man, I'm rewatching Battlestar Galactica! It's even better than I remembered!

There's secret stuff in a couple of them but it's only available if that mission is the daily heroic.

No issues no... But I just noticed from doing the kings fall raid that there were numerous calcified fragments and hidden chests with mouldering shards that increase the drop loot from oryx. I was just wondering was it similar across all raids / missions.
    Sorry Dave, only just saw your post now, I'm away for a few days but might get a chance to finish it on sunday or monday.

you have your own checkpoint now too, if you can find five others and make yourself the fireteam leader you can still get it done.

I've added a few of the lads so hopefully I can organise a team this evening or will everyone be playing hard mode?

I just got the story mission to play kingsfall so I'll have to redo it all again as well.

Oh yeah that's a fair point actually, try this website dave: https://destinycalcifiedfragments.com/

collecting those ends up getting you a particular exotic weapon that's very useful for the last two parts of the raid.

Cheers Mick! The lads were sound and pointed out a good few on the KF raid :)

Xur has Empyrean Bellicose, Sull of Dire Amkhara and Mask of the third man. Engram is for chest armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Don't forget that if you already have all the Year 2 Chest pieces on your Warlock, then decrypt any chest pieces on your Hunter/Titan.

There's an 80% chance they will decrypt as pieces for the character decrypting them, and well, don't be like me decrypting tons on Arm pieces on my Warlock long after I had a 310 impossible machines and 310 claws of ahamkara (the only Year 2 Warlock arm pieces).

Move those engrams around to get the best use of them

Cormac... wrote: »
    Don't forget that if you already have all the Year 2 Chest pieces on your Warlock, then decrypt any chest pieces on your Hunter/Titan.

There's an 80% chance they will decrypt as pieces for the character decrypting them, and well, don't be like me decrypting tons on Arm pieces on my Warlock long after I had a 310 impossible machines and 310 claws of ahamkara (the only Year 2 Warlock arm pieces).

Move those engrams around to get the best use of them

We should get a list in the first post of what's available for each class. Then people can check there and see do they have all the Helmets etc on there character and just switch over if they do.

Might be handy.

• Advertisement

Cheers Mick! The lads were sound and pointed out a good few on the KF raid :)

I might be wrong but I think you got all the ones in kings fall.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement