Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

You will have to do the setup on a computer with VPN. After that you can use the Vodafone box.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Anyone want to volunteer to redo the OP post and then we can direct the daily what to do posts to it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Not in yellow though, that's not great on the default theme :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Davew3

Has anyone gone through incognito on chrome and can’t log in on Netflix ?
    Account name and password correct but won’t let me in says wrong password.
    Does it when using several vpns ( cyber ghost, windscribe etc ) but the same issue on them each time.
    Let’s me in when not using vpn. Strange.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Can’t you use the post I’ve done earlier in yellow for this ?
    I can’t think of anything else to add but I can edit it if needed

Post 3691

Thanks OmegaGene. I've put that up in OP and made a small few mods to ensure there is total clarity.
    Anyone asking the general question should be directed to the OP from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

How essential is it to log out of ALL devices? I think I’m logged in everywhere from my mother’s iPad to a TV in the school my wife teaches in. Surely some places I’ve forgotten too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Do you need a Turkish brand TV to watch this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Yes and you need to be eating a Turkish Delight exactly when you renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

or change your password then you won’t be logged in anywhere

Good idea

and a few cupla focal as Turkish for good measure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Beko preferably. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,477 ✭✭✭✭guil

May have found a little workaround to having to let a payment go through for a month on a new card, I'll know after midnight.

After I changed the card on my account I changed the payment date too which looked for a pro rata payment. Took the payment from Revolut and then I contacted support and asked them to cancel the change and they refunded the payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

Davew3 wrote: »
    Has anyone gone through incognito on chrome and can’t log in on Netflix ?
    Account name and password correct but won’t let me in says wrong password.
    Does it when using several vpns ( cyber ghost, windscribe etc ) but the same issue on them each time.
    Let’s me in when not using vpn. Strange.

Yes, exactly that. Eventually I had to get on to Chat.
    Apparently it is one of their automatic safeguards, triggered by "unusual activity". The system will reset, automatically, in 24 hours and you should be free to go then. Tech support didn't give a damn where exactly we were.

Like that’s not going to raise a flag with Netflix accounts, doing this is already cheating the system so why bother messing with it

All comes to all and they cancel the account I'll just set up a new one

guil wrote: »
    May have found a little workaround to having to let a payment go through for a month on a new card, I'll know after midnight.

After I changed the card on my account I changed the payment date too which looked for a pro rata payment. Took the payment from Revolut and then I contacted support and asked them to cancel the change and they refunded the payment.

Done and dusted, 41.99 TL per month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Finished my holiday in Argentina and took a stop off in Turkey on the way home, and got it all set up no bother using VPN Unlimited and Curve. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

A discount on paid brainwashing - brilliant! :)

Full disclosure, I have free access to Netflix and just finished watching a Netflix series yesterday. I still dislike the apparent agenda behind their programming choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

A discount on paid brainwashing - brilliant! :)

Full disclosure, I have free access to Netflix and just finished watching a Netflix series yesterday. I still dislike the apparent agenda behind their programming choices.

Which is?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

kaerobe wrote:
    Which is?

Entertaining it's members I would have thought. :)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I had a Netflix account for years, normal Irish sign up.

Cancelled last month.

Trying to reactive today using Cyberghost VPN. It recognises I'm in Turkey, price showing in TL, but when I try to subscribe I get:

"There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use"

I'm using the same Revolut card I had always used. Even if I try use my TSB card, or a virtual Revolut card different to my physical one, same issue.

Any ideas?
    Netflix blocked the use of prepaid cards a while ago. This doesn't affect existing subscriptions unless you cancel and then resubscribe like you have done.

If your Revolut card is prepaid, it will have 'prepaid' written on it in small writing somewhere (if it's a physical card). In that case, you can setup another card on your Revolut account (if you don't have any already). Newer Revolut cards are coded as 'debit' and the physical cards have 'debit' written on them.

If your existing payment card is rejected while trying to sign up to a Turkish subscription, it's pointless trying other cards at that stage. You'll have to sign up for another month of Irish Netflix to change the card details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

If I set up a Family Premium plan, would 3 people be interested in joining it for the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

hi all ,
    im just having a slight problem , when i go Ingognito i cant use my hola VPN, its gone from the end of the address bar. When i change VPN first then go incognito my ip is showing as ireland there .

Anyone any suggestions ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    hi all ,
    im just having a slight problem , when i go Ingognito i cant use my hola VPN, its gone from the end of the address bar. When i change VPN first then go incognito my ip is showing as ireland there .

Anyone any suggestions ?
    Thanks
    Click the three vertical dots (top right) in Chrome -> more tools - extensions
    click the Hola details and enable Allow in incognito radio button

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭feargantae

I've been paying for my account with Turkish giftcards for a few months now (100 Lira for ~€12 = 2 months of 4K Netflix and a bit)

From reading this thread am i right in thinking i need to wait for the giftcards to be used up, resub @Irish prices for a month and then I'll be able to add my card?

Currently getting the dreaded error

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I've only ever had the basic, 1 screen at a time account. With lockdown were having more situations where multiple at once will be useful. I finally got around to doing this (after cancelling existing sub last week)
    I have no idea why I waited so long. Way more service for <€5 per month.
    Thanks all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

KTBFFH wrote: »
    If I set up a Family Premium plan, would 3 people be interested in joining it for the year?
    I'd be up for this. I'll send you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

I've done it, I've finally done it. This has been driving me nuts for months now. I used to keep getting the "there is a problem with your payment method".
    Even though I have two different vpn subscriptions it was free hola that worked in the end. Quad vpn allowed me to go all the way through to payment but then payment problem, express vpn would only show me prices in US$. I used curve with my revolut card linked to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

My friends neighbors cousin said if you wrap your telly in a turkey oven bag you don't even need a VPN.

*Haven't tried it*

(So don't be giving out to me if it doesn't work)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

I will be setting up a Family Premium account, so if someone wants to join shoot me a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Irish Rail Informer

snoopy84 wrote: »
    I've done it, I've finally done it. This has been driving me nuts for months now. I used to keep getting the "there is a problem with your payment method".
    Even though I have two different vpn subscriptions it was free hola that worked in the end. Quad vpn allowed me to go all the way through to payment but then payment problem, express vpn would only show me prices in US$. I used curve with my revolut card linked to it.

Was the VPN the issue or the card you tried to use?
    I use VPN Unlimited and its giving me the Problem with your payment method.

Note: i set location on VPN to turkey, then tried to setup a new account, using revolut.
    Do I need to set up a working Irish account first and then cancel it after a month.
    What purpose does this serve?

Advertisement