Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your New WHS Index

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭IAmTitleist

8.4 to 8.1

Expected to stay the same as I’ve had a consistent year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Anyone esle unable to verify email still?

Maybe they've closed sign ups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

jams100 wrote: »
    So can you now get cut for a fourball or for winter golf?

i believe at some stage four balls will be accounted for but not straight away
    not for winter golf, unless as could be done with conga, placing is restricted to fairway only

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

prawnsambo wrote: »
    you MUST play from the permanent tee markers and not the movable ones

My course would often use a mixture of the forward and back tees on par 3's and at least two par 4's I'm guessing mostly due to prevailing wind that day. Is that all going to be stopped now?

flugel wrote: »
    My course would often use a mixture of the forward and back tees on par 3's and at least two par 4's I'm guessing mostly due to prevailing wind that day. Is that all going to be stopped now?

i always thought that if your comp was running off a particular set of tees, there was a a determined acceptable distance from the relevant stones where it could be moved

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

I have gone from 11.2 to 9.1 i had some 3 really good scores recently i think it will mean that i am off 10 on our whites and 11 off our medal tee's

Just got it. 15.6 to 12.2

I was trending towards probably 13 in my play so happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Seve OB wrote: »
    i always thought that if your comp was running off a particular set of tees, there was a a determined acceptable distance from the relevant stones where it could be moved

Your correct, I think it’s a meter each way for comps.

A lot of clubs with big tee boxes move them around a lot to protect the tee box. I know we use about 20 locations on par 3’s to allow the surface to recover.

But for qualifying comp it needs to be within the limit.

Ollieboy wrote: »
    Your correct, I think it’s a meter each way for comps.

A lot of clubs with big tee boxes move them around a lot to protect the tee box. I know we use about 20 locations on par 3’s to allow the surface to recover.

But for qualifying comp it needs to be within the limit.

a meter seems quite tight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

flugel wrote: »
    This restriction is only for initial handicap rounds and also for supplementary scores. Competitions can be run from whatever position the movable tee markers are set at.

Except. The movable markers cannot be more than ten metres forward or back of the permanent markers and the overall course length for that set of tees can't be changed by more than 100m either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭frink

Went from 5.1 to 3.5. Thought it would drop to 4.5 so surprised to see that. I guess these are relative to the course where you are a member

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

9.8 down to 9.0 for me. I calculated about 8.8 so about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭swededmonkey

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Anyone esle unable to verify email still?

Maybe they've closed sign ups

Mine took an hour to come through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Redriddick

My email took ages too, anybody else scores only up to end of September??

It finally went through, I made the mistake of clicking resend, its the last email you get that will work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭Russman

Do you need to sign up for a new Golf Ireland account if you already have a Golfnet one ?

Russman wrote: »
    Do you need to sign up for a new Golf Ireland account if you already have a Golfnet one ?

Yep

Redriddick wrote: »
    Yep

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭The Aul Switcharoo

8.4 down to 5.9

According to the graph I'll be off 7 though as faithlegg has high slope rating. Was expecting it tbh. Very consistent year and down from 11.4 to 10.9 without a big score

Gone from 9 out to 10.3, not showing the October rounds for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

I’ve gone from 10.1 to 8.8

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lob020

I went from 16.4 to 14.5 ,but missing 6 rounds in Oct on WHS

Went from 8.7 to 10.2
    Probably about right, I’ve played utter rubbish for a couple of years.

One thing confuses me though, the list of indices beside each score on your list of scores - what does that represent ? There’s none of mine are close to wha it says is my new Index.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Went from 8.7 to 10.2
    Probably about right, I’ve played utter rubbish for a couple of years.

One thing confuses me though, the list of indices beside each score on your list of scores - what does that represent ? There’s none of mine are close to wha it says is my new Index.

I thought it was what your handicap index would have been at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ahnoyouregrand

16.8 to 16.2. A couple of rounds from october not uploaded it seems but they should reduce it further.

At the time of the last round uploaded i was 18.4 so has calculated a reduction of 2.2 from that point in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Gone from 14.3 to 13.8 but will end up having more shots on both white and blues tees in home course.

Only 14 scores on system since 2018 so only using 5 for average. There 3 average/poor scores fro. September that aren't on system yet but dont think I will get a clear picture till get more scores in

I thought it was what your handicap index would have been at the time.
    Yeah. The one on line one should be the same as your current index. Every one before that is calculated from the 20 rounds from line 2 back and so forth. If there are big differences, could be because you don't have 20 rounds yet.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Yeah. The one on line one should be the same as your current index. Every one before that is calculated from the 20 rounds from line 2 back and so forth. If there are big differences, could be because you don't have 20 rounds yet.

That’s what I would have thought alright from a logical point of view. For some reason my line 1 is showing WHS index of 9.8 but my WHS Index is up above on the header 10.2
    I‘ve 3 pages of rounds in, so way more than 20. It’s odd, on each of the 8 rounds that are highlighted as my counting rounds, none of the WHS Indices are as high as what’s showing up above as my Handicap Index. Meh, it is what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Haven't played much golf at all in 2020 for obvious reasons. Covid and Work getting in way :(

Have to be honest only really started to enjoy it again during September when I actually completed two decent rounds

Very surprised to see my hcap go from 11.1 to 8.5 :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

That's a serious cut for your amount of golf. Having difficulties login in but fingers crossed it won't be to far from the 12.5 on golfnet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Any idea when rounds after September will be included?!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Two shot cut for me, delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

11.0 to 9.2

Finally a single figure golfer 😂😂

That’s what I would have thought alright from a logical point of view. For some reason my line 1 is showing WHS index of 9.8 but my WHS Index is up above on the header 10.2
    I‘ve 3 pages of rounds in, so way more than 20. It’s odd, on each of the 8 rounds that are highlighted as my counting rounds, none of the WHS Indices are as high as what’s showing up above as my Handicap Index. Meh, it is what it is.
    Is there a PCC in your results? There were similar differences on mine before they added PCC data.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Gone from 12.5 on golfnet to 14.6 on whs .... October scores not included yet so expecting a cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

11.0 to 9.2

Finally a single figure golfer 😂😂

Is that your actual handicap though or just your index?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Went from 5.4 to 3.9 that can’t be right was never below 5.0 in my life

Is that your actual handicap though or just your index?
    Methinks we need an explanatory post at the beginning of this thread. So many people have allowed this to go whoosh.

Item number 1: Your handicap index is NOT your handicap.
    Item number 2: No, it doesn't stop at the end of September. Monday is go live day
    Item number 3: You'll find slope and course ratings here: ncrdb.usga.org
    etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Absolutely and also,

Number 4. Once playing handicap worked out a 95% rule needs to be applied.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 purdy1984

My HC was 20.3 with my HI now 18.6

Our course has a slope of 128 off our white tees so my playing handicap is 21 so my index has gone down but because our course is high slope i will be playing it with an extra shot compared to previous system.

On Golf Ireland all our comps were down as off yellow tee when they were off white tee so i expect this handicap index to change, would i be correct?

purdy1984 wrote: »
    My HC was 20.3 with my HI now 18.6

Our course has a slope of 128 off our white tees so my playing handicap is 21 so my index has gone down but because our course is high slope i will be playing it with an extra shot compared to previous system.

On Golf Ireland all our comps were down as off yellow tee when they were off white tee so i expect this handicap index to change, would i be correct?
    Yeah. Your handicap index should drop. How much by is dependant on the difference between the ratings.

Came down to 9.3 overnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

For those of you that are looking to work our your course handicap on the R&A site, make sure you choose the “Without Minus Par” option.

The CONGU unions have a different calculation than the rest of the world.

Scotland will be using the Course Handicap to 1-decimal point and not Rounded as the rest of GB&I, before playing handicaps are calculated.

So not really that unified after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

My congu h/c was 8.9.New WHS h/c comes out at 7.0 with a course h/c of 8.0..all very confusing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

14.6 to 16.3. It missing about 10 rounds, including all from October. Plus all the rounds are off the front tees, not where they should be, comp tees or back tees. So it's a total mess but I suspect it'll get fixed by the time lockdown is finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    My congu h/c was 8.9.New WHS h/c comes out at 7.0 with a course h/c of 8.0..all very confusing

Are you being sarcastic?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

checked there and I've lost 2 shots on the white tee's and 1 on the blues, was playing off 4.7 which is my lowest ever so thats a big drop

For some reason all my 2019 scores are missing on golfnet so not sure if that had a bearing, will need to look at this more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

blue note wrote: »
    Are you being sarcastic?

What are you talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    What are you talking about

As in are you actually saying it's confusing or are you being sarcastic when you say it and you actually find straightforward?

• Advertisement
Advertisement