Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020 :Round 11 Eifel GP Nürburgring

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

It's going to be a long old race for Hulk tomorrow, starting last and having done no running on heavy fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Dani K and Seb getting familiar with each other again

And Seb is out.

Bottas half a second off Hamilton, not for the first time this season thank God for Max! at least he's trying to make a fight for pole

And Vettel out again with Leclerc in P5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I missed seeing crowds at races, particularly when they wave at the camera. Sure, I know they're waving at TV land, which is at me so I'd wave back for the craic!! I can't believe how nice it is to wave at the fans again!! :p. Try it, it's lovely!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Calm down Crofty. Shouting about max being on pole. Still over 7 minutes left...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Well done Bottas and LeClerc

Credit where it's due, Bottas nailed it at the end. I still have zero faith that he can deliver on race day.

Mega lap from Leclerc as well to snatch P4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

antodeco wrote: »
    Calm down Crofty. Shouting about max being on pole. Still over 7 minutes left...

I watched the Russian Grand Prix with the sound muted. Surprisingly refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Good On Bottas , keeping us interested .

2 day weekends from now on . Way more interesting .

might be good tomorrow .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

skipper_G wrote: »
    It's going to be a long old race for Hulk tomorrow, starting last and having done no running on heavy fuel

No option to use the simulator either.

I can't thinking if that had been eg McLaren, Hulk would have run in FP3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Looking forward to race tomorrow now. Hopefully Max can challenge.

F1 have uploaded the 2011 race here to youtube. One of my all time favorites:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Brundle can't disguise his disappointment at Bottas getting pole. Raikkonen woeful, yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

First qualy I enjoyed for a long time, that was more like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,998 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

chicorytip wrote: »
    Brundle can't disguise his disappointment at Bottas getting pole. Raikkonen woeful, yet again.

Yeah raikkonen was 3 tenths down on Gio. Poor performance. With a new track and little running, you'd expect the drivers with experience to have an advantage over the relatively new drivers. But bother Kimi and Vettel were comprehensively beaten by their much less experienced teammates.

Kimi beaten by 3tenths and Vettel beaten by 2 tenths and half a second in q1 and q2 respectively. In Vettel's defense, he's being trounced by a driver who's rated as a decent talent. But Kimi is being beaten by a guy who's going to lose seat next year.

Otherwise it was a good result for Ocon who was basically level with Ric. And Kvyat was also within a tenth of Gasley. Norris beat Sainz by 2 and a half tenths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I think Vettel is in an inferior car to Le Clerc. He's off to Aston Martin next season so they are probably withholding a lot of information from him. Basically both him and the Ferrari team are phoning it in for the rest of the season as there is little to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,998 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

recyclebin wrote: »
    I think Vettel is in an inferior car to Le Clerc. He's off to Aston Martin next season so they are probably withholding a lot of information from him. Basically both him and the Ferrari team are phoning it in for the rest of the season as there is little to play for.

OK. Why do you think he has an inferior car? Has Vettel said he's in an inferior car? Is it because hes not as fast as you'd expect so he must be in an inferior car?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭This is it

Looking forward to race tomorrow now. Hopefully Max can challenge.

F1 have uploaded the 2011 race here to youtube. One of my all time favorites:)

Gone? Was going to watch it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ferrari seem to be looking a bit better and the Haas and Alfa's too. Would have been nice too see Verstappen get pole but at least it's not Hamilton again. Just need Max to make a great start now and get ahead. If he or Bottas wins then that's not so bad. Nico has his work cut out. I would say Strolls car is not as nice to drive as Sergio's and not getting to do any free practice to get used to it or set it up to his liking would not help either.
    As for Kimi I like him always did but it's time for him to retire after this year especially if that car is not going to improve much next year.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

LeClerc for a podium :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

This is it wrote: »
    Hulkenberg LeClerc for a podium :)

Fixed your post.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Looking bone dry at the race track

Was looking forward to a proper wet one after Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I see Nico Hulkinberg said to Sky he got no sleep last night on the coffee all night and going over the steering wheel and video,s etc. He said he Hope's not to miss the race by sleeping out lol. Danial Ricciardo said if he gets into the top 5 he will be happy. Kimi his usual self and George Russel hoping for something exciting or some sort of crash to take a few out so he an get a chance to get a point or two.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

What do we reckon lads? Turn 4 before Hamilton is clear in front? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Enjoyed that feature on Sky with Barachello, Raikonnen and Brundle. Don't think Kimi is a fan of Alonso based on his response to Brundle bringing him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Lewis has steering wheel problems that Mercedes weren't allowed fix yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

That's wheely bad.

DAS awful

Another against the odds race for Lewis, how ever will he overcome it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Enjoyed that feature on Sky with Barachello, Raikonnen, and Brundle. Don't think Kimi is a fan of Alonso based on his response to Brundle bringing him up.

He doesn't seem a fan of many people, or interviews :pac:

Loved when Brundle said "we have six legs, six arms and a brain between us" to which Kimi replied "and I have the brain"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

This is it wrote: »
    Another against the odds race for Lewis, how ever will he overcome it.

#stillwerise

Advertisement