Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muireann O'Connell

Options
  • 24-10-2017 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

By God they got a great deal on this one in Today FM. I think she sleeps there.

She has her own show (any slot she can get), fills in for EVERYONE who's out and does the voice over on every Today FM promotion.

They should change the station name to Muireann FM.

She's annoying as hell, but not as bad as Rebecca OOOOOOOOOOOh Connor

Do you like Muireann O'Connell on the radio? 259 votes

Yes
    35% 92 votes
    No
    40% 104 votes
    Ambivalent indifference
    24% 63 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

She's awful. I'd rather listen to Al Porter.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Quite like Muireann actually. Its a good day whenever she's in for Porter.

IUA14 wrote: »
    Quite like Muireann actually. Its a good day whenever she's in for Porter.
    She's dreadful.

Not as bad as Hector though, he is the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

She's also on tv3 aswell. I don't mind listening to her but I do enjoy when she's in instead of Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

She does the 6 o'clock show on TV3 too....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Love muireann and love when she fills in for Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

This wan does my nut in

They really ought to give the Saturday Hits slot to someone who focuses on the music and leaves the talking to the possible minimum. Steve K would be perfect.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The overwhelming majority, even on this forum, think Muireann is very good.

The overwhelming majority, even on this forum, think Muireann is very good.
    I don't.

AIFRIC O'Connell, now there's a presenter I do like :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,361 ✭✭✭✭siblers

She's the new Phil Cauley

There is just something about her voice, drives me up the wall.

siblers wrote: »
    She's the new Phil Cauley

I like Phil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

The world would be a very dull place if we all liked the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,361 ✭✭✭✭siblers

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I like Phil

I don't mind him, I like that he is pretty opinionated but I meant that she is always filling in like Phil used to a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Right so Muireann, that's that sorted!

Why didn't you create a thread for Rebecca O'Connor instead then, if you find her more annoying than Muireann?

Judging by the poll so far, she's pretty much liked by most.

I don't mind her at all. Seems genuine, and is a good addition to The Six O'Clock Show. She works hard in terms of covering nearly every single slot on today FM over the week when people are away.
    Do agree that she does cover too many Today FM jingles.

iseegirls wrote: »
    Why didn't you create a thread for Rebecca O'Connor instead then, if you find her more annoying than Muireann?

Judging by the poll so far, she's pretty much liked by most.

I don't mind her at all. Seems genuine, and is a good addition to The Six O'Clock Show. She works hard in terms of covering nearly every single slot on today FM over the week when people are away.
    Do agree that she does cover too many Today FM jingles.
    I wish the cover was more varied. They have Joe Donnelly, Shelly Gray, Neil Delamere, Declan Pierce. Declan is quite good IMO and it would be nice for him to do more regular cover work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Muireann used to have a deeper voice but I noticed in recent years it's quite high pitched. Very irritating.
    I don't like her.

She's always SUPER enthusiastic about absolutely everything and it's all a bit false for my liking.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Muireann used to have a deeper voice but I noticed in recent years it's quite high pitched. Very irritating.
    I don't like her.

She's always SUPER enthusiastic about absolutely everything and it's all a bit false for my liking.
    I don't mean to repeat my earlier point, but yes Fussyonion there is no need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

Another 'annoying' vote from me.......Far too found of saying her own name every chance she gets, like most female presenters seem to do for some reason......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

hopeso wrote: »
    Another 'annoying' vote from me.......Far too found of saying her own name every chance she gets, like most female presenters seem to do for some reason......

Way to stereotype...because Dermot and Dave...Al Porter..."Ferg"...don't do exactly the same thing? I think you'll prob find that its probably a direction to on-air talent rather than a choice. And to say "most female presenters seem to do" is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Another annoying everything is hilarious vote from me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

And she is in for Ian Dempsey tomorrow morning

And she is in for Ian Dempsey tomorrow morning
    I'll be listening to Brekkie Rep :-)

I'll be listening to Brekkie Rep :-)

I'd rather listen to Muireann on repeat for 24 hours then that breakfast republic rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

IUA14 wrote: »
    Way to stereotype...because Dermot and Dave...Al Porter..."Ferg"...don't do exactly the same thing? I think you'll prob find that its probably a direction to on-air talent rather than a choice. And to say "most female presenters seem to do" is ridiculous.

Alison Curtis must have a quirk saying her name/numbert/Twitter every 5 seconds 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I remember, many years ago, I saw Muireann at a tag rugby event on the sideline with a glass of wine.
    An image that always struck me as odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It probably works for her because she's kind of vanilla - can sit into any slot and just go through it without imposing her own "style" on it, unlike "Yeeow HECHTHORRR!" who changes the entire tone of whatever he's doing.

The "constant name saying" thing is for branding. Because people flick across stations, so announcing the name of the presenter and the station that you're on creates an association in your mind. So if you're flicking and you hear a funny slot, then followed by, "this is Muireann O'Connell on Today FM", that creates a positive association. The next time you're flicking you'll look for Muireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Adventure1

"This morning, and get this listeners, I...<pause for effect>...ate a sandwich"

I don't like the way she does this all the time (the pausing for effect, not eating sandwiches)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

This type of thread should be nipped inthe bud. Aren't yiz all brave psting **** about a presenter lads under a nickname. Fair focks to the lady. And no, ive never met her.

Advertisement