Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muireann O'Connell

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 A Teddy bear

Cateym wrote: »

So her numbers were actually up!!!! And they still fired her??

You do realise that 3k is absolutely nothing in jnlr terms ? That's like 2 more people than last time ticked that they listen

• Registered Users Posts: 17,319 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Arghus wrote: »
    How does yer wan Mairéad Farell/Ronan keep finding work?

I imagine the thought process of media companies isn't too complicated.

They think she's good looking so presume men will like her.

She's always going on about her children and husband so women will like her.

Once she won DWTS they must presume every bloody person likes her.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

You left out the fact that she's the first and only woman over 30 to give birth to a child in Ireland. That's a big selling point.....apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,718 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

when is this transition to take place does anyone know? - there is someone standing in for Muireann at the moment, she's OK'ish but she's not brilliant. she sounds like she is talking through her nose and she's pretty boring...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

She did come across as very likeable on DWTS. She was scoring high from the very start and she was humble and gracious, and she had a nice and genuine relationship with her dance partner. He was very likeable too, and was one of the only Irish male professional dancers on the show.
    Mairead was the complete opposite in this show to the extremely unlikeable holly carpenter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

She did come across as very likeable on DWTS. She was scoring high from the very start and she was humble and gracious, and she had a nice and genuine relationship with her dance partner. He was very likeable too, and was one of the only Irish male professional dancers on the show.
    Mairead was the complete opposite in this show to the extremely unlikeable holly carpenter.

Along with kathryn thomas and lucy kennedy, farrell is extremely unlikeable

Along with kathryn thomas and lucy kennedy, farrell is extremely unlikeable

I’ve never listened to Mairead on radio, but on DWTS, Getaways and Ireland fittest family she seems fairly likeable to me anyway.
    And I can’t stand Kathryn Thomas and her constant happy screaming and shouting. And am no fan of Lucy Kennedy trying to be all funny sarcastic all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 A Teddy bear

Wtf tho can Mairead Farrell Fitzpatrick Ronan bring to a lunchtime music show on a top 40 station ? Communicorp would be better off giving her a chat show on Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Wtf tho can Mairead Farrell Fitzpatrick Ronan bring to a lunchtime music show on a top 40 station ? Communicorp would be better off giving her a chat show on Newstalk.

She's hardly a current affairs host, she might give Alison "Im a mother don't you know/do you like-have children" Curtis job a bit of pressure....

other than being a producer, what is her area of expertise , she's around her early 40's - hardly someone for the youth audience there desperate to get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Tbf, I could walk into your house, urinate on the carpet, and I'd still be likable than Holly Carpenter. One of those 'entitled' people.

But a snippet of Mairead (in a show of what, 12 people, I think?) isn't a good measure of people. Aidan O'Mahony got a lot of TV spots after he won DWTS, but a year later, was nowhere.
    I’ve never listened to Mairead on radio, but on DWTS, Getaways and Ireland fittest family she seems fairly likeable to me anyway.
    And I can’t stand Kathryn Thomas and her constant happy screaming and shouting. And am no fan of Lucy Kennedy trying to be all funny sarcastic all the time.

That's a five to ten minute snippet with Mairead. Now imagine listening to her for a 2 to 3 hour show. Every day, for a week.
    She grates very quickly for me.
    Even on Ireland's Fittest Fam, she was easily replaced by Kathryn Thomas.
    You left out the fact that she's the first and only woman over 30 to give birth to a child in Ireland. That's a big selling point.....apparently.

Was married with a kid by the time she was 24, divorced by 29. It's not really relatable to the average 'yoof' audience.
    She's hardly a current affairs host, she might give Alison "Im a mother don't you know/do you like-have children" Curtis job a bit of pressure....

other than being a producer, what is her area of expertise , she's around her early 40's - hardly someone for the youth audience there desperate to get

Not early 40s, late 30s... but boy howdy is she aging badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Holly carpenter was let down by her partner who had a fight in UK in a nightclub. So much for sticking to his contract. Also holly didn't go on work in week out about the multitude of babies and moving house and etc etc. Holly should have stayed in the competition longer than the multi millionaires wife.

Holly carpenter was let down by her partner who had a fight in UK in a nightclub. So much for sticking to his contract. Also holly didn't go on work in week out about the multitude of babies and moving house and etc etc. Holly should have stayed in the competition longer than the multi millionaires wife.

If you're talking Curtis Pritchard (or AJ Pritchard, can never tell em apart) he didn't get into a fight- he got jumped. The whole thing was unprovoked, and he ended up with a severe injury to his knee that required surgery. I think it's ended his career, hence his appearance on Love Island.

He stuck hard to his contract-as most professionals do. Just got very unlucky on one night.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Holly Carpenter was let down by one person; Holly Carpenter.

You do realise that 3k is absolutely nothing in jnlr terms ? That's like 2 more people than last time ticked that they listen
    A rough calculation suggests that it's more like 17 extra respondents to the survey, but we know that the statisticians who conduct the analysis also apply weighting factors to control for various demographic effects, but yeah, it's probably margin-of-error territory.

so MR takes over MOC's spot Monday then...

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and tune in and have a listen. Not mad keen on this claire beck one thats been filling in since MOC left/pushed.

I dont think I have heard mairead R on the radio before , seen her on the television with the getaways and supervalu adverts on TV though.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and tune in and have a listen. Not mad keen on this claire beck one thats been filling in since MOC left/pushed.

I dont think I have heard mairead R on the radio before , seen her on the television with the getaways and supervalu adverts on TV though.
    Will definitely not be listening in. Muireann was treated horrifically considering her listeners had increased by 3000. Very unfair.

Anyone know if Muireann has a boyfriend?? Asking for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mairead was part of Ray D'Arsehole show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

you cant assume if it's a boyfriend these days ! you might be offending gay people

Yep, shes spoken of being in a relationship before. With a guy.

Does Mairead Ronan have any children? ;)

dont think I have ever heard her mentioning having any :)

Does Mairead Ronan have any children? ;)

dont think I have ever heard her mentioning having any :)
    At last count I think it was 17.

At last count I think it was 17.

blimey the ol flahula will be fair worn out after that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Does anyone know if she is still on the radio?

Muireann has the best legs on Irish tv. Be a big waste on radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Does anyone know if she is still on the radio?

She's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

She's not.

Can anyone tell me how mairead ronan is better than MOC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭johnire

At least she's not as fake and doesn't have a wierd accent that yo- yos between an American twang and Whest of Ireland.... a very fake person.
    Can anyone tell me how mairead ronan is better than MOC?

Advertisement