Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2019/2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Where are you seeing 9/4 for Douvan tomorrow Aidan??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

lemush wrote: »
    Couldn't back Douvan with fake money off that layoff with the way Mullins have been finishing on their first runs.

Will hack up at 13/2 after drifting all morning and Willie tells every journalist he speaks to that the horse is fine to run " but should improve for it ".

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Sounds too funny to be true, please post a link.

Was doing the rounds on WhatsApp couple months back, I'm still scarred.

Was doing the rounds on WhatsApp couple months back, I'm still scarred.

It sounds like textbook cocaine abuse if you look at it straight on. Mix the marching powder and a rake a booze and the clothes can come off at any anytime really. I will racially abuse anything if I am naked enough. I could be pulling mooners from the roundabout outside Castleisland and giving the Gards the finger at that stage.

Poor Fella, where did it all go wrong? He was training Gold Cup winners a few years ago.

Be careful out there good people of Ireland.

The morning of the GC the year Coneygree won it they had Culloty on the morning line, he was sitting in a cafe eating his breakfast. A big **** off plate of beans mushrooms and toast
    I knew there and then that he was a lunatic! And i was right!!

• Advertisement

It sounds like textbook cocaine abuse if you look at it straight on. Mix the marching powder and a rake a booze and the clothes can come off at any anytime really. I will racially abuse anything if I am naked enough. I could be pulling mooners from the roundabout outside Castleisland and giving the Gards the finger at that stage.

Poor Fella, where did it all go wrong? He was training Gold Cup winners a few years ago.

Be careful out there good people of Ireland.

Sounds like a good night if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Where are you seeing 9/4 for Douvan tomorrow Aidan??

Gone will hill are now 15/8

aidankkk wrote: »
    Gone will hill are now 15/8

6/4 PP

Shattered love money on is baffling.
    Might have a bit of Listen Dear over a fence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Brewinupastorm at taunton tomorrow, the 14/1 any race for cheltemham will be long gone tomorrow when he wins that.

• Advertisement

madmoose wrote: »
    Brewinupastorm at taunton tomorrow, the 14/1 any race for cheltemham will be long gone tomorrow when he wins that.

You'd be hoping they don't cut him considering he only has one to beat. Track won't be ideal can see him getting a tad outpaced around there but should still be too good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Shattered love money on is baffling.
    Might have a bit of Listen Dear over a fence

Where you seeing money on. Bet365 are 6/4 and most others 5/4 thought it was fair enough back against her own sex to me. Granted a mares listed chase not particularly something I'd want to be having a bet in.

I doubt the Nicholls horse is any pushover.

Thought they were kind of dismissing the other 3 in the race in the clonmel oil. Both the front 2 have a bit to prove if you ask me. Douvan off 500 odd days and didn't really seem the type that wants 2 and a half to me. Granted if back to his best he'd win this by a fence. But that's a massive if. Monalee was pretty disappointing Last season.

You can be fairly sure Peregrine Run will run to mid 150s and its a fair level if the other 2 under perform. Also I think Tout Et Permis will come on massively for the run and I think he seems the type that would enjoy clonmel.
    Not sure I'll have a bet but I think id rather bet those 2 at 8/1 +

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Probably a stupid question, but why is Douvan and Peregrine run getting weight to Monalee?

There is 3lb, 5lb and 7lb penalties for grade 3 (or 3 chase wins), grade 2(or 2 grade 3s) and grade 1 winners respectively. From May 2018.

I doubt the Nicholls horse is any pushover.

Wouldn't be surprised if he turned over Brewinupastorm around that track. Everything is in the Nicholls horse favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Tiger roll out until spring time

Opinions please lads
    Rich Ricci's big 3 back in the day
    Douvan, Faugheen, Vautour
    If you had to say who was best, second best, third on their day
    I get that people will say "Hurdler, 2 miler, mid distance stayer etc etc, look its just to gauge opinions
    if you don't like the question, ignore it.

For me
    1. Vautour
    2. Faugheen
    3. Douvan

Anyone care to hazard a go?

I like chasers so I would have to say Vautour.

But none of them would have touched Limestone Lad or Denman. Ever.

• Advertisement

I like chasers so I would have to say Vautour.

But none of them would have touched Limestone Lad or Denman. Ever.

I love Denman, so I won't pit them against each other :)

Melon going up in trip according to WP.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Who've they got for the Arkle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Slattsy wrote: »
    Who've they got for the Arkle?

Laurina

Laurina prob runs on Thursday along with Footpad who's also going up in trip. If not Thurs Laurina runs in Gowran at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Balls deep on her so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Motivator

This biggest hyped up dog I’ve ever seen come out of Closutton. For those that are interested they can trawl back through my posts from almost three years back when I shat all over this horse, and his reputation, from way out. He never looked like a superstar and three years later he still doesn’t look like one. I can’t have his champion hurdle second and I can guarantee he will never get close to the top level over fences. Melon is a dog of a horse and nothing will ever convince me that he isn’t.

Motivator wrote: »
    This biggest hyped up dog I’ve ever seen come out of Closutton. For those that are interested they can trawl back through my posts from almost three years back when I shat all over this horse, and his reputation, from way out. He never looked like a superstar and three years later he still doesn’t look like one. I can’t have his champion hurdle second and I can guarantee he will never get close to the top level over fences. Melon is a dog of a horse and nothing will ever convince me that he isn’t.

I've said much the same here, he's not a dog but he is a level below the top tier, 3 wins in 19 sums him up. His Irish record consists of a maiden hurdle and as bad a grade 2 as you'd ever see.

I've said much the same here, he's not a dog but he is a level below the top tier, 3 wins in 19 sums him up. His Irish record consists of a maiden hurdle and as bad a grade 2 as you'd ever see.

He is essentially a touch out of his depth in grade 1 races. He is possibly a victims of his owners' ambitions maybe? I have seen plenty of decent listed hurdlers fecked around with over the years. If Melon was in another yard he could be one of their best horses.

He has probably just been campaigned poorly, but what can you do with highly rated hurdlers? He has been placed three times in Grade 1 Cheltenham hurdles, that hardly makes him a PIG or anything.

If he was in a smaller yard he could easily have won a few decent handicap hurdles at this stage, what do you do? He is just a few lengths off being a superstar, it is a tough game.

I mightn't be Closutton's biggest fan, but I genuinely hope he turns into being a super chaser for them, it could be the making of him. He has been turned out every time against the very best, he deserves a change of luck. Good luck to him and connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

In other news Annamix might get a run tomorrow.

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/182/fairyhouse/2019-11-19/745209/

Advertisement