Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2019/2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Morgans

Motivator wrote: »
    This biggest hyped up dog I’ve ever seen come out of Closutton. For those that are interested they can trawl back through my posts from almost three years back when I shat all over this horse, and his reputation, from way out. He never looked like a superstar and three years later he still doesn’t look like one. I can’t have his champion hurdle second and I can guarantee he will never get close to the top level over fences. Melon is a dog of a horse and nothing will ever convince me that he isn’t.

Wouldnt hold much hope for him over fences but your post seemed to suggest that you were in the right to "shat all over the horse". You weren't. Those who thought three years ago that he would be good enough to place in a champion hurdle were right. While you "can't have his champion hurdle second", its in the book.

I told you he was **** if you ignore all his grade 1 performances.

Opinions please lads
    Rich Ricci's big 3 back in the day
    Douvan, Faugheen, Vautour
    If you had to say who was best, second best, third on their day
    I get that people will say "Hurdler, 2 miler, mid distance stayer etc etc, look its just to gauge opinions
    if you don't like the question, ignore it.

For me
    1. Vautour
    2. Faugheen
    3. Douvan

Anyone care to hazard a go?

All statements from the Mullins' camp was that Douvan was the best they have ever trained. Injuries and premature deaths make it virtually impossible to state conclusively one way or the other. Douvan probably the best, but Vautour's cheltenham wins were spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Morgans wrote: »
    All statements from the Mullins' camp was that Douvan was the best they have ever trained. Injuries and premature deaths make it virtually impossible to state conclusively one way or the other. Douvan probably the best, but Vautour's cheltenham wins were spectacular.

Yet Faugheen actually achieved the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Thought Tanworth was pretty impressive the other day. Tiger Roll out until Cheltenham, I wonder if there's a chance he might not make it and the 15/2 could be worth risking. Tanworth a better animal than TR faced at Cheltenham before.

Even if TR makes Cheltenham the 15/2 will still be decent IMHO.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Yet Faugheen actually achieved the most.

Never really a natural hurdler but had so much talent that it didnt always matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

Slattsy wrote:
    Thought Tanworth was pretty impressive the other day. Tiger Roll out until Cheltenham, I wonder if there's a chance he might not make it and the 15/2 could be worth risking. Tanworth a better animal than TR faced at Cheltenham before.

TRs issue is only small, routine op, no big deal, I'd be surprised if he didn't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

How bad is bad based on fact. results tell the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/supreme-novices-contender-malone-road-sidelined-for-the-season/409812

Someone mentioned Malone road out for season I think few days back confirmed here

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WicklowBravee

Got to be a chance Envoi Allen ends up in the Champion Hurdle. If he's as good as they think he is and the owner wouldn't have any fear of it. He's going chasing next year anyway so makes no difference. I wouldn't fear anything with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Got to be a chance Envoi Allen ends up in the Champion Hurdle. If he's as good as they think he is and the owner wouldn't have any fear of it. He's going chasing next year anyway so makes no difference. I wouldn't fear anything with him.

I'd say there is next to zero chance of that happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I'd say there is next to zero chance of that happening

Less than zero I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Wecome back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

maximo31 wrote: »
    Heard that Malone Road might be out for the season. Not sure how reliable the source is though. Envoi Allen surely shorten up for the Supreme if true. Took a little of the 14's that's available.

Confirmed?

Less than zero I'd say.

Tom Segal gave the Envoi Allen to Champion Hurdle an airing in the latest Racing Post Cast. Unlikely but stranger things have happened. Its a very weak field at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Will Bristol de mai win on Saturday lads

Slattsy wrote: »
    Wecome back ;)

Thank you, sir.

Things with less than zero chance of happening:

Saldier winning the Champion Hurdle.

Motivator wrote: »
    This biggest hyped up dog I’ve ever seen come out of Closutton. For those that are interested they can trawl back through my posts from almost three years back when I shat all over this horse, and his reputation, from way out. He never looked like a superstar and three years later he still doesn’t look like one. I can’t have his champion hurdle second and I can guarantee he will never get close to the top level over fences. Melon is a dog of a horse and nothing will ever convince me that he isn’t.

Motivator, tell us how you really feel about the horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Will Bristol de mai win on Saturday lads

Lostintranslation to announce himself on the big stage on saturday, then goes on to win the king george .

Things with less than zero chance of happening:

Saldier winning the Champion Hurdle.

Is this the real wickla as roger would say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Who are you, and what have you done with Wickla?!?!!

Debuchet just won a race

I REPEAT

Debuchet just won a race!!!

akelly02 wrote: »
    Is this the real wickla as roger would say

It is I. The special one is back

Who are you, and what have you done with Wickla?!?!!

I have come to the conclusion that Envoi Allen will win the Royal Bond and at Christmas and then he’ll win the Irish Champion Hurdle and Champion Hurdle.

Debuchet just won a race

I REPEAT

Debuchet just won a race!!!

what a hound. fair play to them for getting it to win one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Unexcepted looks a nice one for Willie Mullins and McManus there.

Hosed in after 2 years off the track.

That Annamix is some cliff horse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

akelly02 wrote: »
    Lostintranslation to announce himself on the big stage on saturday, then goes on to win the king george .

I have him backed him for the GC and to complete the triple crown also but I'd kinda like him to sidestep the KG.Can't get away from the KG/GC same season stat

I have him backed him for the GC and to complete the triple crown also but I'd kinda like him to sidestep the KG.Can't get away from the KG/GC same season stat

He will have to be a kauto star class of animal to do that, and i dont think we will see the likes of him for a long long time

• Advertisement

what we think lads
    are we accepting that this is the same wickla as we all know and love!!!

Advertisement