Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Off to New York for a few days next week. Have been many times before.

Last time I went 3 years ago, a colleague of mine (the type who posts inspirational memes, sends loves, hugs, prayers etc on FB) recommended that I should join a Facebook group called "NYC, The place to be" (it's an invite only group you apply to join).

Seeing as I have been in the city many times before and know my way around and no longer have the desire to do any mainstream touristy things, I said feck it I will join to see if there are any random recommendations for things to do that my wife and I wouldn't have thought of doing or places to go for a wander.

Now don't get me wrong if I was going for the first time it would be handy as there are some genuine posts that would be helpful in offering advice for tourist spots etc.

But this group is pure comedy gold. It seems to be a group for mainly lazy Brits, who don't seem to want to absolutely any research on their destination and repeatedly ask the same dumb questions:

- How much spending money will I need if I am going for X amount of days? (How in Gods name is someone supposed to answer that when you do not know what their plan will be)

- Is the food expensive? (Yeah if you are dining in a 5 star restaurant for every meal it would be....)

- What's the weather like? Will I need to bring my winter jacket. (You know cos like there are no websites that would give you an up to date report on the weather in a certain place).

As I type this and look at the recent posts on the group, a person is asking how's the weather at the end of May? Is it shorts and t-shirt weather they ask. Hold on let me get the DeLorean fired up and I'll get you a status report for the dates you are going.

- As its Christmas they are asking how much is it to see the tree at "Rock a fella" centre. A very quick search will tell you that it doesn't cost a penny.

- Loads of selfies on planes with the phrase "its our turn" while wearing a Friends Font style T-Shirt that says e.g. "The one where Debs goes to NYC" (I might be a bit harsh here, it is exciting to go somewhere for the first time).

- But the best post I have seen was on Monday where some girl who is going to travel in December 2020 asking how the turbulence will be then as her little "angle" doesn't like turbulence. Must ask for the lottery numbers in the group as some of the Mystic Megs were able to answer her question....

If you are ever in need of a laugh, go and join it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »

But this group is pure comedy gold. It seems to be a group for mainly lazy Brits, who don't seem to want to absolutely any research on their destination and repeatedly ask the same dumb questions:
    -

I have seen similar questions asked elsewhere by "Lazy Irish" also there is more than a hint of snobbery off your post

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I have seen similar questions asked elsewhere by "Lazy Irish" also there is more than a hint of snobbery off your post

Not unless OP looked at the comments to be "mainly" from Brits who they interpreted to be lazy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

razorblunt wrote: »
    Not unless OP looked at the comments to be "mainly" from Brits who they interpreted to be lazy.

My point being i have seen said questions in other forums from Irish people. So basically them type of questions are not just specific to brits

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

To be fair, this whole thread is swimming in snobbery. Much of it my own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

razorblunt wrote: »

This exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

aoh wrote: »
    Not sure about that (I hope not!!) but

"Tonight we said goodbye to my companion, he knew me by grandma! My heart is broke into pieces! We had 12 good year's .he went camping ,long car rides to see my moms dog. He went every where with me! I'm so lost right now! RIP (dog name) go be with my dad and mama cat! I'll love you forever!"

Lots of luvs'n'hugs'n'prayers in the comments plus a load of RIP. It's a fupping dog!!

Jesus Christ comparing the death of bloody dog to her fathers death what is wrong with people??

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Jesus Christ comparing the death of bloody dog to her fathers death what is wrong with people??

People often see their pets, especially dogs, as their family members, and get equally attached to them - my friend's dog just died, the family got the dog when my friend was 2 years old, dog lasted 19 years and my friend knew and loved his dog his entire life, do you think he wouldn't be heartbroken to lose him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I took it as being her cat :eek: As in 'Dad cat' and 'Mama cat'! Who knows though?

I took it as being her cat :eek: As in 'Dad cat' and 'Mama cat'! Who knows though?

Hopefully so

• Advertisement

People often see their pets, especially dogs, as their family members, and get equally attached to them - my friend's dog just died, the family got the dog when my friend was 2 years old, dog lasted 19 years and my friend knew and loved his dog his entire life, do you think he wouldn't be heartbroken to lose him?

Yes but it's not the same as a human family member dying you can go out a buy a new dog like.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,022 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

My point being i have seen said questions in other forums from Irish people. So basically them type of questions are not just specific to brits

Stupid people are everywhere.

Pretty scary really.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Yes but it's not the same as a human family member dying you can go out a buy a new dog like.

No to be pedantic but I love my dog more than I do some members of my family. He isn’t replaceable to me, and I know many others who feel the same.

If something happened my dog I’d be more devastated than if something happened one of my aunts, uncles or cousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

"Luv me knew black Pugh Joe 206"

Need translation. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Killinator

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Need translation. :D:D

Love my new black Peugeot 206

• Registered Users Posts: 34,022 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

SusieBlue wrote: »
    If something happened my dog I’d be more devastated than if something happened one of my aunts, uncles or cousins.

Aunts, uncles and cousins are those people you are forced to know and like, who you'd normally rather not know and not like.

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Also not specific to visiting NYC.
    Just take a browse some of the threads here on boards and the laziness drips of your screen.

I think OP meant that that group has mostly Brits as members.
    Just like there are groups that have mostly Irish, French or whatever members.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

This is from a dealer's Facebook page, he illegally sells prescription drugs, benzos and zimmers etc. I just love his indignation, just an honest decent criminal trying to make a living off people's addictions ... :D

"I WANT TO THANK ALL MY REGULAR BUYERS FOR BELIEVING AND TRUSTING ME FOR THEY KNOW WHAT I CAN DO AND WHAT I CAN'T DO, THERE HAS BEEN A FAKE ACCOUNT GOING AROUND TEXTING MY CONTACTS THAT I RIP HER OFF, MEANWHILE IS A SUPPLIER LIKE ME WHO HAS TAKEN TIME SOILING MY NAME, THAT ALL HIS BUYERS ARE NOW BUYING OFF ME, SO THEY CREATED A PAGE SAME AS MINE DID A CHAT WITH THE PAGE SAYING I RIP THEM OFF, SO THAT MY BUYERS WILL LOOSE TRUST IN ME, THE PROBLEM IS WHY WILL I SPOIL MY BUSINESS NAME FOR 100 EURO, I HAVE DELT WITH SO MANY BUYERS ON THIS PAGE IF I HAVE EVER RIP ANYONE LET THE PERSON SAY IT HERE, AM A VERY STRAIGHT PERSON IN BUSINESS, I DO MY business with the fear god , SO ANYBODY WHO IS TRYING TO LIE AGAINST ME, have god to contest with not me, ONCE AGAIN I REPEAT IF ANYONE IS HERE WHO CLIAMS I HAVE RIP HIM OR HER LET THE PERSON SAY IT HERE MY BUYERS ARE MY PRIORITY SO I TREAT THEM WITH HIGH RESPECT, THERE IS NO PEACE FOR THE WICKED. THIS IS A NEW WEEK LET god guides us through ,and let our expectations comes to pass"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I DO MY business with the fear god ,

Interesting. I'd like to know more about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I enjoy how he goes lower case when mentioning God. Like he stops shouting just for that bit in case God hears him.

• Advertisement

RANT ... what is the going on lately with girls now on a night out banging up these ****in Oscar acceptance speeches ... I’d like to thank me ma for minding me 5 babies without her tonite wouldn’t be possible .. huge thanks to Yolanda for me nails without her I wouldn’t have a shovel for my Hoover ... can’t thank jasmine enough for painting my face with a deck brush and last but not least loosefanny boutiques for my dress..it be on some random blokes box room floor later ... NOW just imagine blokes doing the same thing ..I’d like to thank me ma for not taking me 50 rent money this week otherwise I’d be bolloxed to go out..big shout out to Derek the barber for the 10euro fade ..fresh brother.. massive thanks to me mate wacker for lending me his leather jacket and last but not least me da for letting me use his Mack 3 razor instead of me mas bic that thing has seen more bush than a gardener... and a sneaky squirt of his joop .... would ye please **** off .. nobody gives a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

That's amazing. I'd multi-thank if I could. Is the author male or female, F?

That's amazing. I'd multi-thank if I could. Is the author male or female, F?

Male

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Foweva Awone, that's the best one I've seen on this thread :D In fairness he makes a good point.

A Facebook friend often posts sh1te such as this:

"house cleaned from top to bottom few cheeky beers n pizza on the way im a celeb wat more could u want lol"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

RANT ... what is the going on lately with girls now on a night out banging up these ****in Oscar acceptance speeches ... I’d like to thank me ma for minding me 5 babies without her tonite wouldn’t be possible .. huge thanks to Yolanda for me nails without her I wouldn’t have a shovel for my Hoover ... can’t thank jasmine enough for painting my face with a deck brush and last but not least loosefanny boutiques for my dress..it be on some random blokes box room floor later ... NOW just imagine blokes doing the same thing ..I’d like to thank me ma for not taking me 50 rent money this week otherwise I’d be bolloxed to go out..big shout out to Derek the barber for the 10euro fade ..fresh brother.. massive thanks to me mate wacker for lending me his leather jacket and last but not least me da for letting me use his Mack 3 razor instead of me mas bic that thing has seen more bush than a gardener... and a sneaky squirt of his joop .... would ye please **** off .. nobody gives a ****

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

I know they're American but still!!

Dogs barking crazy police on the side of my house guns drawn wtf. You breaking into people **** really. Yep time for me to go. Now hopefully I can get back to sleep, it's to early for this ****

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

"2 say I'm overwhelming surprised and gratful first and 4most to the secret doner that has me and the girls not once but twice and the 2 win 200e from xxxxxxxx Majorettes lotto-tanks to all mesn it from the bottom of my heart - GOD IS GOOD !!"

"Due to some serious time wasters I’ve to advertise these 3 pups again. 8 weeks old today micro chipped vacations and vet health checked"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

"Due to some serious time wasters I’ve to advertise these 3 pups again. 8 weeks old today micro chipped vacations and vet health checked"

^^^^^^^^^^

Given the standard of some of the posts here, that isn't actually that bad. A bit of punctuation and it would be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭De Bhál

BattleCorp wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^

Given the standard of some of the posts here, that isn't actually that bad. A bit of punctuation and it would be ok.

and spelling vaccination correctly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement