Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus 7 Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eddieb88

Has anyone tried the trade in program

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Ah, cheers. So next Tuesday is the proper release then?

Yeah, that's pretty much it, as far as I know.
    Unless you can make it to the popup sales event in London tomorrow!

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/7pro/popups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭blade1

eddieb88 wrote: »

You'd be better off selling privately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

eddieb88 wrote: »

I have an immaculate OP6 8/128GB and was offered 190 euros trade in. No thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

PaulieC wrote: »

I was offered the same for my pristine 7 month old op6 6/64gb. Don't think I'll bite - there's nothing significant enough in the 7 to justify spending another €359, and the 7pro is too bloody big. I've arthritis in my thumbs just trying to cover the 6 screen one-handed. I'll wait to see what the 7T or 8 brings...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

PaulieC wrote: »

Have you got a link to that please,only oneplus trade in sites are either usa or uk

Lads, try CEX for better trade-in prices, if there's one near you!

https://ie.webuy.com/

At a glance they are offering 279 for the 6 8/128 and 259 for the 6 6/64 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Just back from picking mine up from John Lewis. It's class so far, coming from the Oneplus Two there is already a noticeable difference in the size of the phone, screen quality and speed of the phone. Delighted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭enryb12

dan786 wrote: »

For an 40 quid you can get the 8GB ram and 256GB storage model from the OP website.

Having said that, some people prefer purchasing directly from stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭enryb12

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Just back from picking mine up from John Lewis. It's class so far, coming from the Oneplus Two there is already a noticeable difference in the size of the phone, screen quality and speed of the phone. Delighted :D

What do you think of the pop up selfie camera? Do you think it looks/feels gimmicky or anything? That's the only thing putting me off at the moment!

I have the 3T now and I love it still!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

enryb12 wrote: »
    What do you think of the pop up selfie camera? Do you think it looks/feels gimmicky or anything? That's the only thing putting me off at the moment!

I have the 3T now and I love it still!

TBH I had completely forgotten about that until I read this haha. It seems cool, press the switch camera button and it pops up, makes a cool sound. If you drop the phone at all it pops straight back in. I just tested it there, comes up with a notification saying free fall detected & would you like the camera to come back out again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Should have mine today (8/256GB). Come onnnnnnnn DHL.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Should have mine today (8/256GB). Come onnnnnnnn DHL.....

Just recieved mine (12gb version) . Haven't done anything yet but put it on charge

Nolimits wrote: »
    Just recieved mine (12gb version) . Haven't done anything yet but put it on charge

I do not like you.....

I do not like you.....

You don't even know me 😭

You don't even know me ��

He knows you've a OnePlus 7.

blade1 wrote: »
    He knows you've a OnePlus 7.

That doesn't feel like it's enough to judge me as a person, it's not like I have an iPhone or anything

OK. Got it..... Jesus. That's a LOT of screen (My previous phone a Samsung S8 and an iPhone6 for work)

• Advertisement

That doesn't feel like it's enough to judge me as a person, it's not like I have an iPhone or anything

I have an iPhone.... But... but it's for work. I swear. It means nothing to me.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Nolimits wrote:
    I thought I had a lot of RAM on my 6T with 10GB!

Anyway, no point on putting it on charge, you may as well start using it immediately. Phones don't need to be charged prior to first use anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cotts72

really jealous of those getting this today! broke AF but hoping to move on from my s8 to my first OP phone soon

tedpan wrote: »
    I thought I had a lot of RAM on my 6T with 10GB!

Anyway, no point on putting it on charge, you may as well start using it immediately. Phones don't need to be charged prior to first use anymore.

I wasn't ready to start using it, I was a little busy at the time, that's the only reason I charged it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Think it looks better clear.

^^^
    That's pretty cool :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

marcbrophy wrote:
    ^^^ That's pretty cool

Yep, Jerry does that to all the flagships

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Have mine on order to replace my mate 20 Pro.

Went for the one plus 7 Pro 256gb 8gb version as do I really need 12gb of ram on a phone?.

Anyone seen any good cases with a built in screen protector?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Went for the one plus 7 Pro 256gb 8gb version as do I really need 12gb of ram on a phone?.

No you do not it's more RAM than I have in my computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

It would be hard to pass up if the option is there though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Went for the 12gb version myself off amazon.de, won't have it for a few weeks. I doubt I'll ever need the extra 4gb of RAM but I'm sure whatever relative gets the phone as a hand me down in 2 years will be glad of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Went for the 12gb version myself off amazon.de, won't have it for a few weeks. I doubt I'll ever need the extra 4gb of RAM but I'm sure whatever relative gets the phone as a hand me down in 2 years will be glad of it.

Why not get it direct from OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Pacifico wrote: »

Vouchers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It's a business purchase and OnePlus won't do vat receipts (to be honest their vat practices sounds a bit dodgy, how can a phone be €820 in every European country when vat varies so much between them). With Amazon they'll sell to you ex vat once you register your vat number with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Definitely gonna get one now it looks amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Anyone with the phone: How is it for size? A lot of the reviews say it's pretty tall and heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lynvoh

How long does it take to arrive to Ireland from the day you ordered?

Could anyone with a bit more knowledge than me, tell me how this redmi(pro version) fares against the OnePlus 7 pro.
    Cons or pros if any?
    https://telecomtalk.info/xiaomi-redmi-k20-official/197785/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Anybody know if this https://www.fasttech.com/ is a reputable site? They have 20% off site wide and that includes the One Plus 7 Pro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

gazzer wrote: »
    Anybody know if this https://www.fasttech.com/ is a reputable site? They have 20% off site wide and that includes the One Plus 7 Pro

Never heard of them. But seems similar to Eglobal/Toby Deals both of which I have used.

However they guarantee no customs / refund if there are. While this says you are responsible and they will mark the item at low value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭54and56

gazzer wrote: »

I can't see how any site like that can have a genuine 20% off sale across the board given the amount of competition online.

Having said that if you can pay with eBay and you end up getting ripped off you should be able to get your money back...........I think!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Regular OP7 goes on sale at 10 this morning. Don't forget the referral thread if you're buying: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057978665

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭niall5098

if anyone is looking to buy here is a tenner off referral, thanks in advance:

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/invite#UUuURXrt4bvMpmhPEGGt4k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Regular OP7 goes on sale at 10 this morning. Don't forget the referral thread if you're buying: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057978665
    Thanks for that ... I didn't think it was going on sale until next week!
    I've picked one up using a boardsie's referral link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Is there any issues with buying off the US site, getting it ordered to the US and picking it up over there to bring back to use here ? The 8G 256 is only 699$ so ~620 which is a big saving from 749e

The only diff seems to be TDS here missing on the US model.....Is there another issue I need to be aware of ??

Bands
    FDD LTE: B1,2,3,4,5,7,8,12,13,17,18,19,20,25,26,28,29,32,66
    TDD-LTE: B34,38,39,40,41
    TDS: B34,39
    UMTS: B1,2,4,5,8,9,19
    CDMA: BC0,BC1
    GSM: B2,3,5,8

wardie101 wrote: »
    Is there another issue I need to be aware of ??

Yeah vat

Yeah vat

I was thinking that but I have added in US address and gone all the way thru to payment without any VAT being applied ???

wardie101 wrote: »
    I was thinking that but I have added in US address and gone all the way thru to payment without any VAT being applied ???
    Vat is collected by delivery company when they deliver it to you.
    There is a chance that it might get by without customs checking it but to be honest when you're talking €150ish they'll probably be only too delighted to hit you for it.

It's a gamble that may or may not pay off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Vat is collected by delivery company when they deliver it to you.
    There is a chance that it might get by without customs checking it but to be honest when you're talking €150ish they'll probably be only too delighted to hit you for it.

It's a gamble that may or may not pay off.

He's ordering it to a US address not an Irish one. The One Plus website should be adding state taxes for the delivery address.

I missed the bit where u said u were picking it up personally.
    Sorry 'bout that!

• Advertisement

So if thats the final price its a decent saving ??

Is there anything in the bands or in the phone I need to worry about ?

Advertisement