Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Butson

fitzparker wrote: »
    Its a great weekend for boxing

2 Charlo Brothers are on Sky Sunday morning

Josh Taylor is back defending the belt

Charlie Edwards going up in weight

and as above the WBSS Final

Are Sky showing the Charlos? I know they are showing the WBSS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Butson wrote: »

No. It's €17 on Fite TV unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,686 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Butson wrote: »

No British broadcaster confirmed yet for Charlos

It’s a helluva busy weekend for boxing

I think both Charlos win...

I like both Charlo's to win by KO tbh.

Not sure Rosario is all that to be honest, big step up for him. Only got the fight because he knocked out a chinny J-Rock.

Think Derevyachenko is a decent style matchup for Jermall.
    Walks forward quite open to counters. Seen him hurt by far less a puncher than Jermall. He's tough though so might go distance in a competitive fight. Just have a feeling Jermall stops him late.

Tyrone McKenna v Ohara Davies about to start any minute now on Sky. Love to see him do it but struggle to see how McKenna can win to be honest. Been lucky on the cards on a number of occasions and Davies should just be a level above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

Morrison J wrote: »
    Tyrone McKenna v Ohara Davies about to start any minute now on Sky. Love to see him do it but struggle to see how McKenna can win to be honest. Been lucky on the cards on a number of occasions and Davies should just be a level above.

McKenna was disciplined and boxed well but Ohara just had that extra quality and power on his shots. I enjoyed the fight, I'm a fan of Tyrone and I'll always tune in. I see on his social media they were lining up to tell him he was robbed etc etc but it was the right result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

i look forward to seeing the next irish fighter that has power, pop shotting jab fighters not my cup of tea.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    i look forward to seeing the next irish fighter that has power, pop shotting jab fighters not my cup of tea.

You might be waiting a while..

Our best hitter at present is James Tennyson..

We just don’t produce real good punchers..

walshb wrote: »

oh i know im just hoping.

weemcd wrote: »
    McKenna was disciplined and boxed well but Ohara just had that extra quality and power on his shots. I enjoyed the fight, I'm a fan of Tyrone and I'll always tune in. I see on his social media they were lining up to tell him he was robbed etc etc but it was the right result.

Yeah thought McKenna boxed out of his skin but still didn't have enough. Davies definitely with the better quality shots. McKenna has no leg to stand on crying robbery coming off that Mimoune fight anyway which was an actual blatant robbery.

• Advertisement

iebamm2580 wrote: »

Lewis Crocker is a decent puncher

Lewis Crocker is a decent puncher

cant say i have seen anything of him tbh, will keep an eye out.

Outa interest who's the best puncher Ireland ever produced?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Andy Lee was a good puncher.

Jimmy McClarnin a known puncher..

Rinty Monaghan another puncher..

Barry was quite a good hitter as well..

In the amateurs, Billy Walsh the best I have seen!!

blade1 wrote: »
    Andy Lee was a good puncher.

Andy Lee was the first name I came up with, but my Irish boxing knowledge would be limited.

Little concerning that with two weeks to go, no British channel offering Teo/Loma...

ESPN hosting it alright...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Little concerning that with two weeks to go, no British channel offering Teo/Loma...

ESPN hosting it alright...

surprised BT arent all over it being Top Rank

Surely BT will pick it up. Arum came out with a come and get it plea during the week. Would expect BT to pick it up any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Butson

These things can often get picked up the week of the event.

Not too many fights from the States these days where I'd be setting the alarm in the middle of the night, but this is one of them.

• Advertisement

Joshua Buatsi must be hiding a glass jaw. In another terrible fight this weekend. They seem extremely reluctant to move him up a level. Never a good sign especially when it's someone as skilled as he is.

Joshua Buatsi must be hiding a glass jaw. In another terrible fight this weekend. They seem extremely reluctant to move him up a level. Never a good sign especially when it's someone as skilled as he is.

He impresed me in Rio, but the pro journey has been so bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

https://youtu.be/TxrQbHYmOhg Jose Zepeda with a fight of year contender last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

https://youtu.be/TxrQbHYmOhg Jose Zepeda with a fight of year contender last night

but1er wrote: »

Yep. Tim Bradley said it’s the best live fight he’s been at/seen..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Baranchyk taken to hospital after. Badly limping out of the ring. Legs aren't meant to bent like that.

The Nal wrote: »
    Baranchyk taken to hospital after. Badly limping out of the ring. Legs aren't meant to bent like that.

Yes. Nasty twisting!

You putting up a thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Katie Taylor going up against Miriam Gutierrez on 11th November.
    I know nothing about her, but the articles I've read seem a bit meh about it, so I expect a KT win based on that alone!

• Advertisement

His opponent was better than expected to be fair but you can definitely see some issues with Buatsi in that performance last night. Took a lot of flush shots. Wouldn't be putting him in with a puncher like Callum Johnson anytime soon if I was handling him.

Advertisement