Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

BJS vs Martin Murray on December 4th. Terrible fight.
    I though Murray had retired?

Horrendous. Have to say Matchroom/Sky have been really poor through this pandemic. Even the PPV cards are desperate poor quality.

Warren outdoing them giving us Joyce v Dubois not on PPV and by the sounds of it a great card in December with Fury, Conlan v Dogboe and Yarde v Arthur.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Next week’s 25 euro card is pathetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

i think conlan will be in trouble against dogboe, hes tenacaious and doesn't take a backward step and could hurt conlan whose lack of power will be no deterrent to dogboe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kayjay123

Ordering the Chisora PPV for Saturday night. First time ordering a PPV, do sky just add the price of the ppv to next month's bill or take the money from bank account when the ppv starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

kayjay123 wrote: »
    Ordering the Chisora PPV for Saturday night. First time ordering a PPV, do sky just add the price of the ppv to next month's bill or take the money from bank account when the ppv starts?

Surely you mean the Usyk PPV......

Sky just add it to your next bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭fitzparker

I understand companies are trying to recoup alot of money lost the past few months but boxing is seriously gone a disgrace, and recently aimed at out and out casuals to buy a PPV.

Loma fight ( only picked up by Eir a week before)
    Tank Davis fight (not on UK/irish TV)
    Inoue fight ( not on UK/Irish TV)

In contrast
    Usyk Card €30 PPV on Sky
    Tyson V jones Junior "Exhibition" fight Similar price on BT PPV
    DASN announce £1.99 monthy subscription (which is great) but underlined the AJ V Pulev is not available on it for irish and UK market, why? cause Sky want our PPV money

its really bad, the actual fights that mean something id pay the PPV for, the poxy sky throwing content down your throat every 10 minutes to make you believe this is a "big" fight is what's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

fitzparker wrote: »
    I understand companies are trying to recoup alot of money lost the past few months but boxing is seriously gone a disgrace, and recently aimed at out and out casuals to by a PPV.

Loma fight ( only picked up by Eir a week before)
    Tank Davis fight (not on UK/irish TV)
    Inoue fight ( not on UK/Irish TV)

In contrast
    Usyk Card €30 PPV on Sky
    Tyson V jones Junior "Exhibition" fight Similar price on BT PPV
    DASN announce £1.99 monthy subscription (which is great) but underlined the AJ V Pulev is not available on it for irish and UK market, why? cause Sky want our PPV money

its really bad, the actual fights that mean something id pay the PPV for, the poxy sky throwing content down your throat every 10 minutes to make you believe this is a "big" fight is what's a joke.

In the early years that Sky reintroduced PPV, they somewhat justified the cost with stacked undercards. They've even done away with that now, throw in Katie Taylor or Dave Allen and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    i think conlan will be in trouble against dogboe, hes tenacaious and doesn't take a backward step and could hurt conlan whose lack of power will be no deterrent to dogboe.

Agreed . Sneaking a points win without getting caught . How long will that last as he takes steps towards the top of the division .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

i see Dazn is being launched for UK and Ireland

will show campbell Garcia but not AJ Pulev

£1.99 so probably €2.99 here

Channel 5 just announced they are showing Davis V Santa Cruz

Think you can get it in "other channels" on Sky but don't think it can be recorded

• Advertisement

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    i see Dazn is being launched for UK and Ireland

will show campbell Garcia but not AJ Pulev

£1.99 so probably €2.99 here

Because they want us to pay €30 for it, bunch of jokers

Because they want us to pay €30 for it, bunch of jokers

not a hope would i pay for it, same with Usyk Parker

will have a nice IPTV stream to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Sky should charge me €30 on saturday give me the Usyk fight along with Davis Santa Cruz fight. thats value of money.

Ill stick with IPTV for it.

also Uysk brought a hurling stick to the press conference and when asked he said my ireland friends gave it to me. anyone who is his friends?

but1er wrote: »
    Sky should charge me €30 on saturday give me the Usyk fight along with Davis Santa Cruz fight. thats value of money.

Ill stick with IPTV for it.

also Uysk brought a hurling stick to the press conference and when asked he said my ireland friends gave it to me. anyone who is his friends?

Tommy McCarthy sparred him a few times and is on the undercard

Could be him

Channel 5 just announced they are showing Davis V Santa Cruz

Think you can get it in "other channels" on Sky but don't think it can be recorded

Saw that..

Can’t record..need to stay up or get up for this..

Could be him

Holy Trinitys Michael Marlow wrote a letter and sent @usykaa a Hurley stick as a gift ahead of his big fight. Usyk signed his vest and sent a video back.
    When asked by other boxers where he got the “Irish stick” from Usyk replied I got it from a boy called Mickey in Ireland 🇮🇪 https://t.co/62SgL2rNtO

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Could be him

https://twitter.com/Tommymac90/status/1321833103388790785

Holy Trinitys Michael Marlow wrote a letter and sent @usykaa a Hurley stick as a gift ahead of his big fight. Usyk signed his vest and sent a video back.
    When asked by other boxers where he got the “Irish stick” from Usyk replied I got it from a boy called Mickey in Ireland ���� https://t.co/62SgL2rNtO

https://twitter.com/HTBC_Belfast/status/1321895157101436934

Conlan vs Dogboe is off now. Conlan has picked up a nasty looking ankle injury

Conlan vs Dogboe is off now. Conlan has picked up a nasty looking ankle injury

8+ weeks out..

Nasty injury...

He’ll probably be back 2021 against another absolute nobody!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

I just don't see it happening for Conlan in the pros. Not necessarily because of this injury, he's just not very good...

some amount of fights in November What we looking forward Whyte v Povetkin, Taylor v Gutierrez and Brook v Crawford. Will i even mention Tyson Jones?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

some amount of fights in November What we looking forward Whyte v Povetkin, Taylor v Gutierrez and Brook v Crawford. Will i even mention Tyson Jones?

Dubious v Joyce could be a good scrap too.

Plant's a handy fighter and might have the style to cause Canelo a few problems early but really struggle to see him living with Canelo for 12 rounds. Slowed a lot down the stretch against Uzcategui and would expect Canelo to stop him late here I think.

https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger/status/1324795503297572865?s=19

Morrison J wrote: »
    Plant's a handy fighter and might have the style to cause Canelo a few problems early but really struggle to see him living with Canelo for 12 rounds. Slowed a lot down the stretch against Uzcategui and would expect Canelo to stop him late here I think.

https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger/status/1324795503297572865?s=19

Good good fight this..

Plant is a lovely solid and big fighter..

What’s the craic with Haney-Gamboa tomorrow?

No UK showing it?

Premier Sports channel 412 Sky are showing Crawford-Brook Nov 14.

walshb wrote: »

What’s the craic with Haney-Gamboa tomorrow?

No UK showing it?

Doesn't look like it. It's a DAZN show and DAZN isn't launching in the UK/Ireland until Garcia-Campbell so guessing we aren't getting any of their fights over here till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Morrison J wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it. It's a DAZN show and DAZN isn't launching in the UK/Ireland until Garcia-Campbell so guessing we aren't getting any of their fights over here till then.

I wonder how Sky will pad their so called boxing schedule now they cant just throw early morning DAZN cards on.

Is Hearn still contracted to both DAZN and Sky? Hard to see how he'll keep both happy if so, given his previous record of feeding mid card UK talent to American fighters - surely he cant keep them both happy independantly.

I wonder how Sky will pad their so called boxing schedule now they cant just throw early morning DAZN cards on.

Is Hearn still contracted to both DAZN and Sky? Hard to see how he'll keep both happy if so, given his previous record of feeding mid card UK talent to American fighters - surely he cant keep them both happy independantly.
    Hearn/Matchroom's contract with Sky is up in July iirc. So I wouldn't be surprised if he jumps to DAZN full time from there.
    It's a risky move though because as of now DAZN has been an utter failure in the US. Canelo literally left them today to become a free agent.

If Matchroom leave Sky I'd imagine MTK shows on Sky becomes the norm. Already signs of that with Sky picking up their golden contract tournament etc. Landscape could potentially be very different this time next year.

• Advertisement

No General thread to put it but what do you think of Canelo getting out of his Golden Boy/DAZN contract?

great bit of business, can now negotiate with anyone (similar to Mayweather)

Advertisement