Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,987 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Only caught brief highlights. Seems Munguia did try hard and did press and press. The KD in rd 4 was beautiful

And Canelo had one his busiest punching fights, throwing 536.. averaging 45 or so per round.

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The K.D. was absolutely class.

He got up and wasn't hurt, and was never really hurt during the fight.

He is a tough kid and gave what he had,just came up a little short.

No BS from him either and seems like a really grounded fella

Yes. At least he actually went to try win. Canelo showed his class. Such great judge of how and when to punch.

We need Benavidez next. That’s a proper test. Munguia is not really world-class, notwithstanding ratings

Canelo Benvidez in September if Canelo gets paid what he wants apparently

Hopefully. Vibe that Canelo not eager for it.

I still really want Bud-Canelo. I think Bud can beat him. I am not concerned with any weight difference. Same height.. fight comes down to 90 percent skills/IQ and strategy

• Advertisement

Inoue on shortly Sky Sports from Tokyo

the brother or the monster?

ok have it on there.

The brother is on at the moment 👍

The fight in Vegas the other night reminded me how shīte the atmosphere is in places such as Tokyo or Saudi.

It was electric the other night.

Really adds to the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Moloney v Takei just starting now and Inoue v Nery ring walks expected in an hour on Sky.

• Advertisement

What a last round. Moloney nearly had Takei out of there. Overall impressed by Takei. Just needs to manage the rounds better. Was absolutely knackered come the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I agree. He was just offering his face there and Maloney nearly got him. After all his good work he nearly came undone. Maloney, for his part, was far too easily parted from his title. Will have regrets he didn’t put the foot down in at least the 11th if not earlier. Good fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't give Nery any chance but he is dangerous. I think the first two rounds will be quiet enough and then Nery will decide to go for it. I'll give it two maybe three rounds before it ends after that. So my guess is 5 rounds max. Inoue will just pick him apart from round three until its stopped.

not watching.. who’s winning? Inoue down rd 1?

Some opening two rounds but yea I was thinking Round 5 Monster

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Butson

Inoue is a special fighter.

Best in the world is Inoue. Incredible fighter.

Great finish. Shot just before finishing shot did damage.

struggle to think of a fighter I’ve enjoyed more than Inoue he’s just fantastic. Nery gave that a good go and he was demolished

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

so we have another 5 v 5 planned for December

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

I watched it about 100 times since. The beauty of Inoue I think it the kinda thing you were referring to on the other thread? Of course almost no one current compares to the monster.

The second last punch did lots of damage but there was much more poke in the shot that actually finished it than I had first thought. I thought he went down delayed but there was solid power in the last one too.

Nery probably gets 10/10 for how he approached and executed his gameplan and he got demolished. Tough to take.

Yea for sure. He got some venom into it with hardly any turn. Animal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

bivol to face malik zinad on June first and wilder v Zhang is now the headline

The internet isn’t for everyone

Garcia almost home n dry

On Wednesday, veteran boxing reporter Dan Rafael reported that Garcia has been cleared of a potential positive drug test for the 19-Norandrosterone metabolite, which derives from the banned substance nandrolone. Garcia initially tested positive for the metabolite, but results were unconfirmed, pending further analysis via Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry (IRMS). Those results are now been confirmed to be negative.

However, Garcia also tested positive for the banned substance ostarine in samples collected on April 19 and April 20, the day before and the day of his recent win over Devin Haney. Garcia’s team has contested those findings by requesting the testing of a B-sample, of which the results are still pending. The samples are expected to be opened on May 22, per Rafael.

Loma v Shakur later this year if both win their next fights. I reckon if Loma looks good v Kambosos, Shakur will duck him in the ring, and fight him on Twitter instead

Loma dominated George. George, like I thought, had nothing to offer.. awful. Loma was good, but hard to truly assess. Definitely not as dynamic. Aged 36 now.

You won’t see a softer grab of a world belt as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I still don’t understand how Kambosos won that fight against Teofimo. It’s his only big result and he has been dining out on it ever since. I remember him struggling to a split decision against a blown up and over the hill Lee Shelby many years ago, that’s the level he has always been at in reality.

Huge mystery. Was a close fight with Teo. Hope to god it’s the end of him getting big fights. He’s awful.

• Advertisement

Loma now has two possible big fights mentioned. Tank is asking for it, and Arum mentioning Shakur.

I’d give Loma 80 percent chance beating Shakur, but only 30 percent chance beating Tank

Advertisement