Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WFP waiting times

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I’ve never given them anything other then payslips. When my husband started I gave them 2 payslips, and then for renewal in November I also gave 2 payslips, as his p60 wasn’t available. They never asked for anything else, just worked the figures from payslip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I’ve never given them anything other then payslips. When my husband started I gave them 2 payslips, and then for renewal in November I also gave 2 payslips, as his p60 wasn’t available. They never asked for anything else, just worked the figures from payslip

I'd be worried about delaying it as it says on the checklist to include a P60 and the most recent payslip

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I'd be worried about delaying it as it says on the checklist to include a P60 and the most recent payslip

It was approved in December with our new rate which was correct with his weekly rate. They never asked for anything else. The renewal took about 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Email received today said they are currently working on the last week of November so probably about four more weeks for my claim

Any new updates?? The wait time for this is ridiculous!

• Advertisement

Any new updates?? The wait time for this is ridiculous!

Our application is in over a week and we haven't even received confirmation that they've gotten it yet. I'm guessing from the posts about them working on Novembers backlog that they're into December's by now. Things looking rather bleak here if we're in for an 8 week wait just to be acknowledged :(

Our application is in over a week and we haven't even received confirmation that they've gotten it yet. I'm guessing from the posts about them working on Novembers backlog that they're into December's by now. Things looking rather bleak here if we're in for an 8 week wait just to be acknowledged :(

The date they say they received mine was about three weeks after if sent in and it took at least two weeks more for the letter saying that to reach me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

The date they say they received mine was about three weeks after if sent in and it took at least two weeks more for the letter saying that to reach me

In fairness, it wasn’t opened the day it arrived .

splinter65 wrote: »
    In fairness, it wasn’t opened the day it arrived .

I appreciate that but I do think the amount of time it all takes is incredibly long. They should be better staffed to handle the amount of applications they receive.

Wait times have been longer than expected for a while now so I would have thought that maybe some more tcos would be taken on to assist with the backlog

I appreciate that but I do think the amount of time it all takes is incredibly long. They should be better staffed to handle the amount of applications they receive.

Wait times have been longer than expected for a while now so I would have thought that maybe some more tcos would be taken on to assist with the backlog

I rang Carers Allowance one day and hung on for 25 minutes. By the time someone answered I’d forgotten what I wanted. The person who answered the phone told me that there were 5 people assigned to Carers that day.
    Staff have been taken away from ordinary pensions to deal with the new pension review section.
    The current minister has no interest whatsoever and is hopeless. The Taoiseach is not interested in SW at all.

• Advertisement

It is ridiculous. A friend of mine applied last year and was waiting little over 6 weeks from start to finish.
    We're in the boat now where waiting twice that long could force a resignation - I can only imagine what the wait is like for a single income household :(

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Applies Jan 11th 2019 and paid today 08/02/2019 so 4 weeks which is super fast was not expecting it.

Applies Jan 11th 2019 and paid today 08/02/2019 so 4 weeks which is super fast was not expecting it.

Was yours a new application or a renewal??

Would like to know this too - we applied on the 28th of January!

Brand new application, money in bank this morning, back dated and i havnt even got a letter I qualify yet, I rang them up and they confirmed everything on the phone that the payment is from them.

Would like to know this too - we applied on the 28th of January!

New Application was not expecting it until April!

New Application was not expecting it until April!

That's very good, might be hope that they're finally through the backlog!

Brand new application, money in bank this morning, back dated and i havnt even got a letter I qualify yet, I rang them up and they confirmed everything on the phone that the payment is from them.

Happy days!

I just rang there and they said that they are working on the first week of December and she would be expecting it to be 2-3 weeks before a decision will be made on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Received mine last week.

Does it get paid with your wages or separately into the bank,
    Just curious.

• Advertisement

ZX7R wrote: »
    Received mine last week.

Just curious.

Into the bank or the PO whichever option you picked on the application form.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Into the bank or the PO whichever option you picked on the application form.

Thanks
    It's the bank so

ZX7R wrote: »
    Received mine last week.

Just curious.

I think yours was sent off around the same time as mine. Hopefully the woman today was wrong and mine might be faster than two or three weeks more

I think yours was sent off around the same time as mine. Hopefully the woman today was wrong and mine might be faster than two or three weeks more

Hopefully you get sorted soon

Got a letter in the post today to say that our application has been received (we posted it off on the 28th of January) and that there is "some delay" in processing applications. It also said there was no need to contact them, that they would be in touch with a result or if further information was required. Hopefully not too much longer now!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭kittyc2018

Got a letter in the post today to say that our application has been received (we posted it off on the 28th of January) and that there is "some delay" in processing applications. It also said there was no need to contact them, that they would be in touch with a result or if further information was required. Hopefully not too much longer now!

Got the same letter today, we posted our application on the 31st January. Hopefully it’s not too long a wait now.

Received letter today stating that my application was approved from 14/2/19. It was received into the wfp section on 21/12.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mick Costello

Received letter today stating that my application was approved from 14/2/19. It was received into the wfp section on 21/12.

So when do you think it will be back dated from?

So when do you think it will be back dated from?

My letter said it was approved from 20/12 so I'm presuming it will be backdated to then. I think a different section in there deal with that though so don't know how long it takes to come through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Missy99

It’s so frustrating
    My application was received by them on December 10th
    New application
    I rang 2 weeks ago and was told it was with deciding officer
    I rang again today and it’s STILL with deciding officer
    It’s getting annoying now
    How long does it take to make a decision

Advertisement