Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    Scruffy - start up the 2022 one if you wouldn't mind.

personally I'm thinking it's next year but I aint startin no threads until the fat lady warbles a bit and then gets drunk and drops the hand in an inappropriate manner on an unsuspecting gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

endainoz wrote: »
    Convenient you failed to mention all the UK festivals that are due to take place this year at full capacity....

which are generally much smaller than ep, at the end of august/start of september and contingent on their vaccination program being completed by mid june, which is probable but also very possible that these will not go ahead. we're nowhere near where we need to be unfortunately and thats the sad reality of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

which are generally much smaller than ep, at the end of august/start of september and contingent on their vaccination program being completed by mid june, which is probable but also very possible that these will not go ahead. we're nowhere near where we need to be unfortunately and thats the sad reality of it.

Why are you posting here if you believe it is not going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭endainoz

Parklife is planning 80,000, Isle of wight is 50,000, as is Trnsmt and many others. Our rate of second doses will help catch up, as will the single dose JandJ vaccine when it inevitably becomes available for younger ages.

Nothing is guranteed, so we'll have to wait and see. I'll concede nothing until they do.

No doubt to save us from ourselves

• Advertisement

because when it was originally started i held out hope that it might happen? alot more unknowns then

because when it was originally started i held out hope that it might happen? alot more unknowns then

That doesn't answer my question.

Why bother posting here now?

That doesn't answer my question.

Why bother posting here now?

im stating my opinion same as everyone else? its not my fault my opinion is based in reality

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭Rfrip

what i wouldn't give to go back to days of me complaining about Picture this headlining

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

If I want doom and gloom, there are threads on boards for that, this isnt the place to consistently stamp on and prospects of good vibes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Rfrip wrote: »
    what i wouldn't give to go back to days of me complaining about Picture this headlining

Or Aphex Twin not headlining. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

im stating my opinion same as everyone else? its not my fault my opinion is based in reality

Nope, your opinion is simply based on...your opinion. Making sweeping statement based on your opinion is not based in reality. I'll say it one more time for you, nobody knows what's going to happen. Not you, not me, probably not Melvin himself to be honest. We just have to wait and see, it's pointless wasting any more energy on it.

Nope, your opinion is simply based on...your opinion. Making sweeping statement based on your opinion is not based in reality. I'll say it one more time for you, nobody knows what's going to happen. Not you, not me, probably not Melvin himself to be honest. We just have to wait and see, it's pointless wasting any more energy on it.

its based on facts about our current situation and likely ongoing situation. you might not like it but its the truth. as much as i hope ill be wrong, nothing is pointing in that direction

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

"The Government is expected to use May to plan for how mass gatherings like concerts and sports matches can resume. It is understood that it would be July or August before such events could be held again, but much will depend on progress of the vaccination rollout and whether new variants emerge."

From the Irish Times this evening. It will become increasingly difficult to not have large events if the vaccinations start to take effect as predicted. I can definitely see smaller events going ahead at least. At some point there's going to be a sea change where this whole thing drops off a cliff (at least for a few months) and it's likely to be all systems go in that case. I just hope EP are ready to go if they get the go ahead.

its based on facts about our current situation and likely ongoing situation. you might not like it but its the truth. as much as i hope ill be wrong, nothing is pointing in that direction

you must be great craic at parties :pac:

griffdaddy wrote: »
    "The Government is expected to use May to plan for how mass gatherings like concerts and sports matches can resume. It is understood that it would be July or August before such events could be held again, but much will depend on progress of the vaccination rollout and whether new variants emerge."

From the Irish Times this evening. It will become increasingly difficult to not have large events if the vaccinations start to take effect as predicted. I can definitely see smaller events going ahead at least. At some point there's going to be a sea change where this whole thing drops off a cliff (at least for a few months) and it's likely to be all systems go in that case. I just hope EP are ready to go if they get the go ahead.

nice one!

Oh fantastic, I definitely wasn't expecting anything to be mentioned about gigs/events on today's speech.

It will become increasingly difficult to not have large events if the vaccinations start to take effect as predicted. I can definitely see smaller events going ahead at least. At some point there's going to be a sea change where this whole thing drops off a cliff (at least for a few months) and it's likely to be all systems go in that case. I just hope EP are ready to go if they get the go ahead.

pure conjecture apart from the point about smaller gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

The reality is you don't know, and neither do I.

Pfizer could dump 2 million vaccines here tomorrow and all would be golden.

Conversely, there could be another blip with a particular vaccine or there could be further delays.

I'm sticking with "maybe it could happen".

That's a bit more realistic than "it *definitely* won't happen" IMHO.

I'm in agreement with that. It could be scaled back and would be Irish only acts or Irish & UK. It's also almost entirely outdoors and I'm sure the tents with their sides opened out would be designated as outdoors.

We're not realistically going to have overseas acts doing European tours though the Flaming Lips have said they're proceeding with their Galway Arts Fest gig in July (what the format will be if it happens I've no idea, all of us in bubbles or somesuch).

Rolling Blackouts just changed their September gig to next June so all I see for the rest of the year is local-ish acts which is fine for me. Happy to get to anything at all before 2021 ends.

youre forgetting how badly organised it has been so far, even if supply wasn't an issue the management still is. its not happening this year, start looking forward to next year

Several, and varied, reasons for this. Much of them outside the government's control. But right now close to 30% of the adult population have been vaccinated and the rollout is ramping up. If we're over the magical 70% by end of June that's two entire months to put everything in place for EP and in that duration many more will have been vaccinated.

I'm not very confident about EP happening but scaled-back festivals are definitely a possibility. Our neighbours will be doing them.

Reading & Leeds. Bigger than EP. 90,000.

• Advertisement

Not reality when you're giving false information.

1. Festivals bigger than EP are proceeding in the UK.
    2. UK rollout not ahead of Ireland when it comes to second doses and very likely the two countries will be roughly the same come August. Ireland isn't gambling with gaps between does, something that may require the UK to dispense booster jabs in Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Taoiseach just announced EP will go ahead, and RATM will headline.....George Lee has gone all grim reaper and said no chance and that the Taoiseach has lost his marbles

I haven't had a good nights sleep in a week

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

David Byrne is playing a series of gigs in New York from 18th Sept onwards. Gives him plenty time to get back from Stradbally and recover

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The reality is you don't know, and neither do I.

Pfizer could dump 2 million vaccines here tomorrow and all would be golden.

Conversely, there could be another blip with a particular vaccine or there could be further delays.

I'm sticking with "maybe it could happen".

That's a bit more realistic than "it *definitely* won't happen" IMHO.

Yeah that's great, I never said "it *definitely* won't happen" though.

Good news for most of this thread that the online portal for vaccinations for the over 50s is opening next week.

Looks like us kids will have to wait a little longer!

Edit: oh look, some more positive news

Return of cinemas and live events among 'high-risk' activities under consideration https://jrnl.ie/5424242

Snarky Snark Snark

for those of us under 50, this is going to be one long sh1tty tedious wait....

Snarky Snark Snark

David Byrne is playing a series of gigs in New York from 18th Sept onwards. Gives him plenty time to get back from Stradbally and recover

If you missed him in the Point last time, there's a movie of the tour, not quite up to Stop Making Sense levels but pretty decent.

If you missed him in the Point last time, there's a movie of the tour, not quite up to Stop Making Sense levels but pretty decent.

I always regretted not seeing him with St Vincent in the electric arena that time. Looked like a brilliant show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I always regretted not seeing him with St Vincent in the electric arena that time. Looked like a brilliant show.

Maybe my best EP gig. A joyous occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

for those of us under 50, this is going to be one long sh1tty tedious wait....

How many sleeps till vaccine?

Advertisement