Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

For one ...Try gemmaodorethy.com ....good old fashion journalism that is no long tolerated in 'modern' ireland .....

https://gemmaodoherty.com

No, just no. She is notorious for going completely and utterly batshiat crazy. Here's one of the original boards threads on her
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110232256

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Quoting for benefit of all.

Posters should engage with others. Just because a question is asked, doesn't invalidate your view. It is simple debate.

Just using the forum to soapbox your views with no engaging with community will be looked on dimly.

It's not disengagement with the "community". It's disengagement with two particular posters. You might want to ask yourself why many others have put those two on ignore as well. This has been said to you in the past.

King Mob sh*t himself because I shared a video from a Doctor suggesting the vaccine will mess with people's DNA. She's had support from other Doctors who also share concerns about the safety aspect of a rushed vaccine that's never been used in humans before. If that poster is so worried about it (based on the fact he wouldn't stop going on about it), maybe he should allay his own anxiety and not run out to get it at the first opportunity.

As for the weird/disturbing Celine Dion clothing crap; Fox News even did a segment calling it out as demonic and satanic. Thousands of likes/comments on the video in agreement. But those two posters think there's nothing weird about it at all. I guess the rest of us are all just wrong and "silly". Ok lads, sure thing :pac:

Now, que incoming message from one of them about how I am using it as "evidence" for an imminent global takeover :rolleyes: No, I'm just calling it out as strange, disgusting propaganda that seems to echo various symbolism/propaganda elsewhere. The majority who see it obviously agree. It's fine for the lads to hold the minority opinion on stuff like this, but don't drag it around in circles and try to dishonestly make it a cornerstone of the main conspiracy theory being discussed. It's a laughably transparent tactic. Pull this kind of crap enough and people just stop bothering to engage with you.

Some other guy on here said they were referencing the band with the "New Order" thing (lol). Designers here confirm that is not the case. Take the L on this one, guys ;)

It's not disengagement with the "community". It's disengagement with two particular posters.

Anyone could be asking these same questions.

Keep in mind that you are trying to spread medical and anti-vaccination disinformation (under the guise of a conspiracy) about a serious situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

King Mob sh*t himself because I shared a video from a Doctor suggesting the vaccine will mess with people's DNA. She's had support from other Doctors who also share concerns about the safety aspect of a rushed vaccine that's never been used in humans before.
    It what way did I "**** myself". What a bizarre thing to claim.

However, I in fact ask you what evidence this doctor supplied beyond her personal authority. You ignored the question.
    I asked what other evidence for your claim you had. You ignored the question.
    I asked you to explain how your claim is possible. You ignored the question.
    You were asked whether or not you agreed with the Doctor in questions other claim that the vaccine was to be used to link people up to an AI. You were also asked why you didn't mention that at all. You ignored those questions too.

So given that you could not and did not defend your claim at all, and instead when on a bit of a whinge about people asking you direct questions about it, we can conclude that there's no evidence at all for your claim.
    SO the idea that the Vaccine will alter people's DNA is not true. Claiming it is true when you know you can't show it to be true is lying.

Why should anyone listen to conspiracy theorists when they have to lie and dodge constantly?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

For one ...Try gemmaodorethy.com ....

Oh Jesus.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Done a search for past posts on ebola. Many of the posts seem eerily familiar.
    https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?forum=576&subforums=1&sort=oldest&date_to=&date_from=&query=ebola

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Is there any credibility to people dying by means but their cause of death being attributed to COVID-19?

Is there any credibility to people dying by means but their cause of death being attributed to COVID-19?
    No.
    This is a myth spread by people who don't understand how medicine and viruses work.
    Or by those who are deliberately misunderstanding things.

Usually this takes the form of someone pointing to a death certificate or similar that lists "respiratory failure" or something rather than Covid as the cause of death.

However using this to cast doubt on the death toll of the pandemic is ignorant or dishonest.
    It would be like saying "this person didn't die because he got shot because he death certificate says he died of "massive blood loss" rather than "gun shot".

Like with Trump's false claims of fraud there's been nothing to show that there is any large scale plan to falsify death certificates or causes of death.

If there is any credibility to the claim, someone will have to post some pretty decent evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Caraibh

A man fell off a ladder in Croatia a few weeks ago and it was determined that he died of COVID-19.

In the UK, anyone who dies within 28 days of a positive Covid test died of COVID-19. So if a person tests positive for COVID-19, isolates for two weeks, and on day 15 is run over by a bus, he, according to the method for counting COVID-19 deaths, died of COVID-19. Hence the 50,000 + deaths. The number is massively inflated.

Caraibh wrote: »
    A man fell off a ladder in Croatia a few weeks ago and it was determined that he died of COVID-19.

In the UK, anyone who dies within 28 days of a positive Covid test died of COVID-19. So if a person tests positive for COVID-19, isolates for two weeks, and on day 15 is run over by a bus, he, according to the method for counting COVID-19 deaths, died of COVID-19. Hence the 50,000 + deaths. The number is massively inflated.

Source for any of that?

This has been claimed before but never actually substantiated.

• Advertisement

Source for this

No. If someone tests positive for Covid and dies of respiratory failure, in certain countries, under certain criteria that death can be attributed to Covid. If someone gets killed by a bus after a positive test, it's not registered as a Covid death.

King Mob wrote: »
    Source for any of that?

This has been claimed before but never actually substantiated.

I can't post a link, I'm afraid.

This from one of a number of articles about the man in Croatia who fell from ladder:

"A builder who died after falling from a 10ft ladder was actually killed by Covid-19, scientists have claimed.

The man, who has not been named, suffered lacerations to his forehead and bruises to his face, elbow and left hand after he fell into the yard of an under construction family home.

Medics were called and rushed to the building site, in Croatia, and desperately tried to revive him, but he was declared dead at the scene.

A test for coronavirus was then carried out, as required by local medical guidelines, and came back positive."

And, again, sorry for the copy and paste, but this article by Professor Yonn K Loke and Professor Carl Heneghan explains it:

"People living in England have become increasingly concerned in the face of Public Health England’s (PHE) figures demonstrating a relentless daily toll of more than a hundred COVID-associated deaths several days a week (see Figure 1).

This is in stark contrast to the more reassuring recovery in neighbouring regions (Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland), where there are days with no COVID-associated deaths whatsoever.

One reason for this due is a statistical flaw in the way that PHE compiles ‘out of hospital’ deaths data, rather than any genuine difference between the regions of the UK:

“Linking data on confirmed positive cases (identified through testing by NHS and PHE laboratories and commercial partners) to the NHS Demographic Batch Service: when a patient dies, the NHS central register of patients is notified (this is not limited to deaths in hospitals). The list of all lab-confirmed cases is checked against the NHS central register each day, to check if any of the patients have died.”

Here, it seems that PHE regularly looks for people on the NHS database who have ever tested positive, and simply checks to see if they are still alive or not. PHE does not appear to consider how long ago the COVID test result was, nor whether the person has been successfully treated in hospital and discharged to the community. Anyone who has tested COVID positive but subsequently died at a later date of any cause will be included on the PHE COVID death figures.

By this PHE definition, no one with COVID in England is allowed to ever recover from their illness. A patient who has tested positive, but successfully treated and discharged from hospital, will still be counted as a COVID death even if they had a heart attack or were run over by a bus three months later.

This why the PHE figures vary substantially from day to day. For example, 16 new deaths were announced on 6th July, but the following day, 152 were reported – today’s figure is 66.

PHE data also confirm that more than 125 000 patients have been admitted to NHS hospitals for COVID, the majority being successfully treated and discharged. There are now less than 1900 patients in hospital. So, roughly 80 000 recovered patients in the community will continue being monitored by PHE for the daily death statistics. More and more people (who are mainly in the older age group) are being discharged to the community, but they clearly may die of other illnesses.

This is why ‘out of hospital setting’ deaths remain constantly high (Figure 1), even though the Office of National Statistics data shows there have been fewer deaths than the five year average in the last three weeks, and NHS England data shows a moving average of 19 deaths per day in hospital.

It’s time to fix this statistical flaw that leads to an over-exaggeration of COVID-associated deaths. One reasonable approach would be to define community COVID-related deaths as those that occurred within 21 days of a COVID positive test result.

In summary, PHE’s definition of the daily death figures means that everyone who has ever had COVID at any time must die with COVID too. So, the COVID death toll in Britain up to July 2020 will eventually exceed 290k, if the follow-up of every test-positive patient is of long enough duration."

The article can be read on cebm.net.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

This from one of a number of articles about the man in Croatia who fell from ladder:

"A builder who died after falling from a 10ft ladder was actually killed by Covid-19, scientists have claimed.

The man, who has not been named, suffered lacerations to his forehead and bruises to his face, elbow and left hand after he fell into the yard of an under construction family home.

Medics were called and rushed to the building site, in Croatia, and desperately tried to revive him, but he was declared dead at the scene.

A test for coronavirus was then carried out, as required by local medical guidelines, and came back positive."

And you've conveniently left out the next bit where they said he fell because his lungs were goosed from Covid and he was far past the level that required hospitalisation. ie his body packed in and thats why he fell.

The Nal wrote: »
    And you've conveniently left out the next bit where they said he fell because his lungs were goosed from Covid and he was far past the level that required hospitalisation. ie his body packed in and thats why he fell.

The article in its entirety:

A test for coronavirus was then carried out, as required by local medical guidelines, and came back positive.

An autopsy revealed large sections of his lungs were blocked - leading doctors to diagnose acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS).

The life-threatening condition, which normally results in hospitalisation, is triggered when vital organs do not get enough oxygen.

Academics at the University of Zagreb said the Covid-induced illness had caused his fall, which they argued meant the death must be recorded as a Covid-19 fatality under World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines.

The scientists said the evidence 'unequivocally' led to Covid-19 being to blame for the death — but they did not specify how.

Experts today suggested the man may have lost his balance while climbing the rungs, leading to the fall, which would make Covid-19 to blame. They added that going up a ladder while suffering from ARDS was the 'last place I would want to be'.

The builder, 51, tested positive for the virus after his death. Scientists said that he had been suffering from acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), triggered by the virus, which they said had caused him to fall from the ladder.

WHAT IS ACUTE RESPIRATORY DISTRESS SYNDROME (ARDS)?
    Acute Respiratory Syndrome, or ARDs, is where the lungs cannot provide the body's vital organs with enough oxygen.

The condition is life-threatening, and most people who develop it end up in intensive care units. Many are already in hospital when this happens.

It is triggered when the lungs become severely inflamed from an infection, such as Covid-19, or injury. This causes fluid from nearby blood vessels to leak into the lung's air sacs, stopping the body from absorbing enough oxygen.

Due to the drop in oxygen availability, the vital organs start to respire anaerobically - without oxygen - in order to create enough energy to keep working.

But this causes lactic acid to build-up which, when in high concentrations, can trigger a cardiac arrest or organ failure.

The doctors said they were initially suspicious a fight had occurred between the man and his co-workers, who had lived together for ten days, because no one saw the man fall from the ladder.

But after an autopsy revealed severe damage to the lungs, they said they could rule this out.

The man had suffered from a headache, fatigue, fever, cough, chest discomfort and shortness of breath in the week before his death, his co-workers said.

They had asked him to go to a doctor, but he had refused their advice.

The man also had type 2 diabetes and was a smoker, which both raised his risk of death from Covid-19.

The decision to attribute the death to coronavirus was presented in a study in the Journal of Forensic Pathology by pathologists led by Velibor Puzovic from Dubrovnik General Hospital.

The WHO defines a death from Covid as one 'resulting from a clinically compatible illness, in a probable or confirmed Covid-19 case'.

But the organisation also says deaths where there is a 'clear alternative cause' should not be attributed to the virus.

MailOnline has contacted the WHO for comment on whether the death was recorded correctly but has yet to hear back.

Professor Paul Hunter, an expert in medicine at the University of East Anglia, said he would have attributed the fatality to coronavirus if he was signing the death certificate.

'So at first sight he probably may not fit the criteria (for a Covid-19 death),' he told MailOnline.

'But why did he fall from the ladder? Was it a heart attack caused by Covid-19 (these do occur) or was he ill and shaky from his acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and that led to his fall?

'If I had ARDS, the top of a ladder is not where I would want to be.

'Looking at the post-mortem report the severity of the lung and other changes due to Covid-19 would be enough to lead to death and they do say that the fall injuries were probably not life threatening in themselves.

'And although he was only 51 he had a lot of pre-existing medical conditions. So high risk of death from Covid-19.'

There are significant concerns that the number of Covid-19 deaths may have been over-inflated worldwide by miscounting.

Croatia has recorded 1,113 deaths from the virus since the pandemic began, and a total of more than 87,400 cases.

The country's health minister Vili Beros ruled out a further lockdown last week, but said he would impose tighter restrictions if cases continued to rise.

'Another lockdown or curfew is out of the question,' he said.

Residents are currently required to wear face masks in taxis, shops and on public transport."

You have no source then.

And as we can see from your other example, your were lying about it's contents.

Why did you leave out the part of the article that disproved your claim?

You have no source then.

So I actually made up the article I copy and pasted from cemb.net?

I left it out because the post included a copy and paste of another very long article. I pasted the first few sentences from the other article about the man who fell from a ladder. People can read the rest of the article if they want to.

So I actually made up the article I copy and pasted from cemb.net?
    Or it's a badly written article that you didn't fact check.
    The address you keep citing leads nowhere.
    I left it out because the post included a copy and paste of another very long article. I pasted the first few sentences from the other article about the man who fell from a ladder. People can read the rest of the article if they want to.
    So why did you post it when the article itself refuted your claim?

The article in its entirety:

A test for coronavirus was then carried out, as required by local medical guidelines, and came back positive.

An autopsy revealed large sections of his lungs were blocked - leading doctors to diagnose acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS).

Yes he died as a result of Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Yes he died as a result of Covid.

I agree that seems logical.
    If he didnt have Covid he probably wouldnt have fallen off and died.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 The3rdTruth

If you still believe that what you are watching on the tell-a-lie-vision is the truth then there really is no hope for you. You have given over your critical thought and reasoning to corrupt "experts".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

If you still believe that what you are watching on the tell-a-lie-vision is the truth then there really is no hope for you. You have given over your critical thought and reasoning to corrupt "experts".

As distinct from the experts on Facebook?

Reputable websites not snake oil merchants

Okay, so what's really going on then?

I'm not going to accept responses like "open your eyes", "wake up", "look around you", "watch this 5 hour video", etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

You have no source then.

How do you get away with this??? :confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

greenspurs wrote: »
    How do you get away with this??? :confused:

Get away with what?

He was lying about the contents of the article.
    He claimed the article showed an example of a death being falsely attributed to covid when it was actually caused by falling off a ladder.
    That's not what the article said. The article said the opposite.
    What would you call this if not lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Pataman wrote: »
    I agree that seems logical.
    If he didnt have Covid he probably wouldnt have fallen off and died.

That's a pretty piss-poor conclusion to come to.

If a guy gets drunk and slips and falls down an embankment and into a canal and drowns are you going to say that alcohol was the cause of death?

A dementia sufferer leaves home in the afternoon and goes wandering and gets lost. Night falls, temperatures fall dramatically and his is roaming around a woodland area without warm clothing and he eventually succumbs to hypothermia and dies are you going to say the cause of death was Alzheimer's?

If a guy gets drunk and slips and falls down an embankment and into a canal and drowns are you going to say that alcohol was the cause of death?

But that's not how the actual doctors came to that conclusion.

So, he/they died WITH covid,

But will be labelled as dying of covid.

Wheres influenza gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

A dementia sufferer leaves home in the afternoon and goes wandering and gets lost. Night falls, temperatures fall dramatically and his is roaming around a woodland area without warm clothing and he eventually succumbs to hypothermia and dies are you going to say the cause of death was Alzheimer's?

alcohol or alzheimers would not be listed as cause of death but would be listed as major contributing factors. the world isn't black and white.

greenspurs wrote: »
    So, he/they died WITH covid,

But will be labelled as dying of covid.

It's just a stat. Many who get Covid don't literally die of the disease, they die of complications arising from contracting it.

The only types who have an issue with this are those trying to downplay the virus to fit whatever fringe world view/conspiracy they have.
    Wheres influenza gone ?

Decreased significantly because every one is wearing masks, social distancing, etc. Those measures impact all infectious illnesses.

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Decreased significantly because every one is wearing masks, social distancing, etc. Those measures impact all infectious illnesses.

even covid ?

Advertisement