Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl: 32" Full HD TV with MPEG4 Tuner - 3rd Feb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

My wife needs a TV/Monitor to display special offers in her shop window. Now I realise that a 1000 cd/m² brightness panel would be the best but they're very expensive. This Lidl TV seems to have a pretty high brightness (450 cd/m² ) for the price.
    Window does get some direct sunlight. Would I better off spending the money on getting a brighter screen (maybe smaller to keep price down. Any suggestions?

Contrast levels aren't important as it'll just be used for displaying offers on probably a white background as I reckon this would make for the clearest viewing but stand to be corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Being annoyed at paying €350 a month ago aside, it’s a great Tv. If anyone wants more information or pictures of the picture quality just ask.

I’ve been singing its praises all over boards.

• 3 year warranty for free, the named shops would charge €100 upwards for this.
    • ALL the connections you need and probably ever will need. I use the VGA connection to watch the online football on the big screen.
    • Plays mkv, mp4 and avi (that’s all ive tried) through a memory stick or an external drive.
    • Weighs next to nothing, like if you want to wall mount it or have an old stand, it won’t be dangerous due to the weight,
    • The menus are dead easy to use, some say basic, I say what more do you need.
    • The control is a bit big, but I suppose harder to lose it.
    • As someone said the on switch is somewhat hidden, everything is at the back of the screen, which I suppose is neater and you do get used to where the switch, headphone socket etc are.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭whysomoody

how does this compare in spec, tv noob here...

http://www.harveynorman.ie/sony-40-inch-full-hd-lcd-tv.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭28064212

whysomoody wrote: »
    how does this compare in spec, tv noob here...

http://www.harveynorman.ie/sony-40-inch-full-hd-lcd-tv.html
    Much better spec, that's why it's €200 dearer

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The Lidl one is actually €269.99. Even better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Johner wrote: »
    The Lidl one is actually €269.99. Even better!

its 299.99 isn't it or do my eyes deceive me !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

what hz is it thats the most important thing to me at the moment i think you can get 600hz now

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭NewHillel

28064212 wrote: »
    Much better spec, that's why it's €200 dearer

If one could be certain that a higher price always resulted in a better spec., I suggest that Bargain Alerts would be superflous. Of course, such a proposition is nonsense.

The Sony is certainly bigger,...

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

davehey79 wrote: »

You're right its 299.99 - its 269.99 pounds in northern ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Above post should keep the moaners in the Rip Off Ireland forum quiet for a change ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Just wondering, does the screen refresh fast enough for fast Xbox360 / PS3 games and fast action scenes etc..? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    You're right its 299.99 - its 269.99 pounds in northern ireland
    davehey79 wrote: »

Yeah must be if it's on the website, got one of those leaflets in the sunday paper but it must be in sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Just wondering, does the screen refresh fast enough for fast Xbox360 / PS3 games and fast action scenes etc..? :confused:
    From Lidl: Response time: 8ms

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Esel wrote: »
    From Lidl: Response time: 8ms
    Is that any good for those of us who don't have a clue? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭D!armu!d

Does this TV take the old NTL signal - RF in?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

clonadlad wrote: »
    Is that any good for those of us who don't have a clue? :D
    Not being a gamer, I wouldn't know if it's up to snuff for the lastest games, tbh.

In itself, I would think 8ms is pretty good.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

D!armu!d wrote: »
    Does this TV take the old NTL signal - RF in?

Cheers

yes:

Technical specifications: TV system: PAL/SECAM/DVB-T (MPEG2/4); Audio: 2 x 6W RMS (Dual Stereo/Nicam); Viewing angle: 178° horizontal/178° vertical; Response time: 8ms; Size (with base): 77.5 x 56.6 x 18.7cm; Weight (with base): 11.8kg; Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels; Contrast: 1,400:1; Brightness: 450cd/m²; 16:9 aspect ratio; Ports: 4 x HDML, 2 x Scart, 2 x USB; In: VGA, Aerial, AV, Composite Video; Out: Headphones, Digital audio

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sunshinegirly

The deal looks good, thanks a mil. What is MP4 tuner?

The deal looks good, thanks a mil. What is MP4 tuner?

MPEG4 Tuner (with MHEG5) means you should be able to receive the new RTE digital service (saorview)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sunshinegirly

Coool, that's what I thought it meant but I wasn't sure - thanks a mil :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Just one note people.It says on spec -> "# Receives Digital Teletext and Electronic Programme Guide with MHEG5 Capable Receiver ". Correct my if I'm wrong but I don't actually see anywhere where it states that the TV has MHEG5 itself?

Again here -> "Your receiver requires MHEG5 to display Digital Teletext." and "Your TV/Receiver must feature the MGEG5 standard to run the EPG fully. "

carbsy wrote: »
    Just one note people.It says on spec -> "# Receives Digital Teletext and Electronic Programme Guide with MHEG5 Capable Receiver ". Correct my if I'm wrong but I don't actually see anywhere where it states that the TV has MHEG5 itself?

Again here -> "Your receiver requires MHEG5 to display Digital Teletext." and "Your TV/Receiver must feature the MGEG5 standard to run the EPG fully. "

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20110203.p.32inch_Full_HD_LCD_TV

the 10th point down

With MHEG5 Capable Receiver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

EEKS! I read the 9th and 10th point as one -> "Receives Digital Teletext and Electronic Programme Guide with MHEG5 Capable Receiver" As in I need a MHEG5 capable receiver too! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »

Was playing killzone 2 on ps3 last night and seemed great to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

jeffk wrote: »
    Being annoyed at paying €350 a month ago aside, it’s a great Tv. If anyone wants more information or pictures of the picture quality just ask.

I’ve been singing its praises all over boards.

• 3 year warranty for free, the named shops would charge €100 upwards for this.
    • ALL the connections you need and probably ever will need. I use the VGA connection to watch the online football on the big screen.
    • Plays mkv, mp4 and avi (that’s all ive tried) through a memory stick or an external drive.
    • Weighs next to nothing, like if you want to wall mount it or have an old stand, it won’t be dangerous due to the weight,
    • The menus are dead easy to use, some say basic, I say what more do you need.
    • The control is a bit big, but I suppose harder to lose it.
    • As someone said the on switch is somewhat hidden, everything is at the back of the screen, which I suppose is neater and you do get used to where the switch, headphone socket etc are.

Its also got a Ci+ slot which is more than can be said for the majority of large brand names 2010 series TVs.

Its as up to date as you can get right now, technology wise as in reception of Digital TV (MPEG4 and MHEG5) and CI+ and it plays H264 media files as a result of the processor on board. Given that there is alot of crap out there with redundant MPEG2 digital tuners, this is a clever buy, especially for the price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

Ok, I need a new telly, so you reckon I should definitely be outside Lidl in the morning with 300 in my fist and I wont go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Only 3 in stock in Clonmel, got the 2nd. Thought they'd have more than 3 though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

Tallaght were all sold out at 8.18am this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

All gone in Midleton :mad:

Advertisement