Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl: 32" Full HD TV with MPEG4 Tuner - 3rd Feb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kennedyjf

Galway gone at 8:15

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

got the last one in deansgrange at 8.25:)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

all gone in ballina 8.10 only got 5 in to shop,,, think ill be giving powercity a ring, they have a walker one for same price

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

All gone in Athlone by 8.05

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭T17cH

got last one in the tramore roundabout store in waterford at 8.25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Unbeknownst to me, my da grabbed one this morning :)

Silly question -- where the hell is the power switch?! :confused: There's a thing on the bottom right-hand side (as you look at the screen) with a power symbol, but there's nothing to press :confused: Does a flap open or something?

Wierd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Dave! wrote: »
    Unbeknownst to me, my da grabbed one this morning :)

Silly question -- where the hell is the power switch?! :confused: There's a thing on the bottom right-hand side (as you look at the screen) with a power symbol, but there's nothing to press :confused: Does a flap open or something?

Wierd

As you look @ the TV its on the left below the headphone and the red/yelllow/white connections.

After thats on, press channel up or hold it, as the TV starts in standby.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭hero25

thereis also a physical "flip-type" switch on the other side. you need to push it doen to turn it on.
    like myself, I
    fund it took a few minutes to warm up...
    just set it up.....all seems good! even have a new channel 3E!!

I never looked @ those buttons, ignore that channel up instruction so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭georgem25

There were 3 in Shannon this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

Only 6 received in Tralee store, got last one at 8.30

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭AMHRASACH

There were 3 only in Doughuisce, Galway, @ 08.00.
    Got 1, connected up & well impressed, v. comprehensive range, (satellite dish)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

all gone in ballina 8.10 only got 5 in to shop,,, think ill be giving powercity a ring, they have a walker one for same price

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If they're all gone so fast, you can be sure they will have another offer in the next 8 or 10 weeks. Also you can bet Aldi will have been watching this and are sure to have a similar offering shortly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Lads, don't have a clue how to set up the digital on this yoke.

Anybody have it set up already want to share their wisdom?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

For anyone that missed out, I go this in my inbox this morning.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/244920

They deliver to Ireland for £9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

clonadlad wrote: »
    Lads, don't have a clue how to set up the digital on this yoke.

Anybody have it set up already want to share their wisdom?

The instruction manual is pretty good if this is the same as the one I got in October. Basically press the 'Source' button on your remote. Use the up and down arrows to scroll through the choices. USB/DTV is for getting to the Digital (terrestrial) source, your cable/sattelite connection is under the EXT choice, your laptop is under the PC/VGA setting.

You will probably have to do a scan (as instructions in the manual will walk you through that) for setting up DTV also bear in mind that you will almost certainly need an external aerial for Digital tv, you may pick up old fashioned Analogue from rabbit ears.

Heres an thread from the last time it was on sale

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056100618

As I said in that, I put in a coaxial cable into the TV and a piece of metal in the other end of the cable and got all the free digital stations we get, RTE etc

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

jeffk wrote: »
    Heres an thread from the last time it was on sale

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056100618

As I said in that, I put in a coaxial cable into the TV and a piece of metal in the other end of the cable and got all the free digital stations we get, RTE etc

Yeah I think it depends on your area, I'm beside Christchurch and facing East and can't pick up any digital with an internal aerial (or with a clothes hanger!) :pac: but will try to reconnect an old co-axial that I think is still connected to roof aerial as I'm dumping UPC thanks to FF cuts.

poochiem wrote: »
    Yeah I think it depends on your area, I'm beside Christchurch and facing East and can't pick up any digital with an internal aerial (or with a clothes hanger!) :pac: but will try to reconnect an old co-axial that I think is still connected to roof aerial as I'm dumping UPC thanks to FF cuts.

I couldn't get anything with a mad old aerial, but then that might be down to it being knackered.
    Im sure if the aerials still connected you'll be getting the stations. I wouldn't touch UPC, kept them for dodgy box and then I went sky all over the house, UPC are basically only reselling sky.

• Advertisement

I still don't have a clue what I'm at.
    There doesn't seem to have a USB/DTV option under the sources button.
    We have a big aerial on the roof so surely that's good enough for Saorview?
    All I have plugged in the back is the aerial we used for the old bog channels on the old tele, is that right?

What settings should I be searching under? There's channel, frequency and Network Channel Scan with options beside them.

I still don't have a clue what I'm at.
    We have a big ariel on the roof so surely that's good enough for Saorview?
    All I have plugged in the back is the ariel we used for the old bog channels on the old tele, is that right?

What settings should I be searching under? There's channel, frequency and Network Channel Scan with options beside them.

Yes you have a rf/coaxial cable connected?

You need to go into new install and retune-Auto channel scan-im not sure here, but it wont take forever to try each option

Yes you have a rf/coaxial cable connected?

You need to go into new install and retune-Auto channel scan-im not sure here, but it wont take forever to try each option
    Yes that's the aerial.

I've done all the searches again. When I go to the manual search on analogue it says my signal strength is medium, but when I switch it to Digital search it says signal strength none. Any clue what's going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I'm sure the lads here will be able to sort ye out.

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056161389

Yes that's the aerial.

I've done all the searches again. When I go to the manual search on analogue it says my signal strength is medium, but when I switch it to Digital search it says signal strength none. Any clue what's going on there?

Im just doing one now, automatic on Digital and on UHF 54 they all come in.

Just after checking it again, comes to UHF 54 and still nothing. Don't know what the hell is going on!

Just after checking it again, comes to UHF 54 and still nothing. Don't know what the hell is going on!

When I got those channels it was with a coaxial cable and me holding a bit of metal, when I tried it without me holding it I got no channels.

Im sure theres a much more technical way to sort your problem.

When I got those channels it was with a coaxial cable and me holding a bit of metal, when I tried it without me holding it I got no channels.

Im sure theres a much more technical way to sort your problem.
    I don't really know what ya mean by holding a piece of metal. I'm willing to try anything so any chance ya could upload of a pic of what you were doing with the aerial? Thanks for the help!

• Advertisement

I don't really know what ya mean by holding a piece of metal. I'm willing to try anything so any chance ya could upload of a pic of what you were doing with the aerial? Thanks for the help!

Right, I put in a coaxial or rf cable, the ole one say for the basic cable into the TV, in the female part of the cable I put the point off a nail clippers and held it in place with my hand and done the scan.

Advertisement