Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm on 276 after 4 transfers and a wildcard. Id be on 302 if I hadn't touched my team since GW1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

This just seems like the FPL equivalent of self-harming. Not changing your team from GW1 is not realistic so why bother thinking about it,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    This just seems like the FPL equivalent of self-harming. Not changing your team from GW1 is not realistic so why bother thinking about it,

There's a podcast called "Who got the assist?" who run a zombie league - you submit a GW1 team and can't make changes during the season.

It means taking a very different view of the season - one captaincy choice - subs that can cover you in the event of injuries - players who won't get dropped etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

steve_r wrote: »
    There's a podcast called "Who got the assist?" who run a zombie league - you submit a GW1 team and can't make changes during the season.

It means taking a very different view of the season - one captaincy choice - subs that can cover you in the event of injuries - players who won't get dropped etc.
    Right, so things which don't apply to the teams people here pick in GW1. Adding up the points your GW1 team would have gotten just seems like annoying yourself for no benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I'm on 276 after 4 transfers and a wildcard. Id be on 302 if I hadn't touched my team since GW1.

Assuming we keep the same captain and make no changes, I would have had 239 points, making 2 transfers playing WC in GW4, means I have 311 points.

I noticed doing that, that Zomua only has 1 point in total season this season. LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Unchanged Gw 1 team: 296

My actual team 308.

Winning :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

shineon23 wrote: »
    Unchanged Gw 1 team: 296

My actual team 308.

Winning :P

a lot better than most!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Klemantine

Hey, what do you think about Dragon Age Inquisition dudes ^^ ?))

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What are people's thoughts on a strong front 8, is the following just asking for trouble with points in the bench? (On WC)

Cantwell, Mane, Martial, KDB, Mount

Aguero, Pukki, Tammy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

naughtb4 wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on a strong front 8, is the following just asking for trouble with points in the bench? (On WC)

Aguero, Pukki, Tammy

Martial and Mount are injured, KDB could be a rotation risk.

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »

Aguero, Pukki, Tammy

Martial and Mount are injured, KDB could be a rotation risk.

KDB is always a rotation risk, I think you just need to roll with it. I know about the injuries, trying to think a few games ahead on the WC.

Was more general thoughts on the strong first 8 as opposed to my specific team

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Aguero, Pukki, Tammy

Having double attack from 2 diff teams is a huge headache imo
    Do you bench both from one team each week ? Or both from one ?
    The temptation will be to always bench cantwell imo due to price which will be a mistake

First thing I did on WC was treat him as my 4th mid
    Mounts injury didn’t look great to me
    Few weeks imo
    Downgrade him to fodder . Will help with your defence
    I would be tempted to spread the love and go Barnes over pukki too

km79 wrote: »
    Having double attack from 2 diff teams is a huge headache imo
    Do you bench both from one team each week ? Or both from one ?
    The temptation will be to always bench cantwell imo due to price which will be a mistake

First thing I did on WC was treat him as my 4th mid
    Mounts injury didn’t look great to me
    Few weeks imo
    Downgrade him to fodder . Will help with your defence
    I would be tempted to spread the love and go Barnes over pukki too

Yeah i think I agree with you on the front 8 especially when you take the doubles into account, hadnt thought of that - great upcoming fixtures for both Norwich and Chelsea though is very tempting.

Trusting Cantwell feels wrong but I guess that just price bias on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

FPL Season Review - shows your season so far with the points you have vs. the points you should have due to xg. & bookmakers odds.

I think I'll take some beating:

Actual rank: 3,207,697

xG rank: 53,206

Odds rank: 37,407

Fair rank: 24,552

Luck: 0.1% / -63.13 (according to Reddit the 0.1% means I'm in the bottom 0.1% of FPL players in terms of luck)

Actual rank - 45k

Xg rank - 53k

Odds rank - 397k

Fair rank - 93k

Luck rank - 87%

If that algorithm is trying to say I’m lucky it can suck my balls. I pour hours into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Klemantine wrote: »
    Hey, what do you think about Dragon Age Inquisition dudes ^^ ?))

Is the Dragon an OOP defender playing forward?

Think you have the wrong forum mate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

1.26m my actual rank

1.25m my fair rank.

Robbed I tells ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Actual rank - 2.5m

Xg rank - 1.2m

Odds rank - 156k - WTF

Fair rank - 514k

Luck rank - 11%

Green&Red wrote: »
    Actual rank - 2.5m

Xg rank - 1.2m

Odds rank - 156k - WTF

Fair rank - 514k

Luck rank - 11%

Interesting numbers because iirc you don’t watch many games and rely on bookies odds to make some decisions ? That and the template ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Interesting numbers because iirc you don’t watch many games and rely on bookies odds to make some decisions ? That and the template ?

Ur right, lots of podcasts so probably the template alright. It doesn’t even feel like I’m doing that badly but I clearly am!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Actual 1.4m
    XG 234k
    Odds 19k

FU luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Actual 355k
    xG 663k
    Odds 705k
    "Fair" 612k

Shove your Fair rank, my good performance is down to my faith in our lord and saviour Aguero from early on :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

GW1 Team: 260 points (keeping Salah as captain)
    Actual points: 258

From the link:
    FPL Points: 258 = 2.8m OR
    xG Points: 269 = 1.6m OR
    Odds: 301 = 0.7m OR
    Fair: 285 = 1m OR

Given how little time I'm putting into this I perhaps should have just left my GW1 team stand barring injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Actual team, 281.
    GW1 team (just first XI, no subs) 228

Fpl 281 - 1.26m
    Xg 278 - 952k
    Odds 301 - 660k
    Fair 290 - 690k
    Luck -9 - 49%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

If I have 2 transfers and forget to make a transfer will I still have 2 for the next GW?!? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

If I have 2 transfers and forget to make a transfer will I still have 2 for the next GW?!? :mad:

Rules.html

Answer = yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Thanks God. Here at work looking at it all day then got stuck on a call and its 19:10. Oh well hopefully Otmendi has a stinker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would advise everyone to take their FPL account security very seriously.

There’s a lad on twitter who had his account hacked and deleted (by way of someone hacking his email I believe) and FPL have said they’re not able to recover as the email on the account was changed.

Personally I would have questions about FPL’s approach there (surely there’s a database that shows the email change) but on the flip side of that, they probably have data laws to worry about, as well as the fact that dealing with any legitimate complaint could probably set a precedent for numerous other chancers to try exploit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CSF wrote: »
    Would advise everyone to take their FPL account security very seriously.

There’s a lad on twitter who had his account hacked and deleted (by way of someone hacking his email I believe) and FPL have said they’re not able to recover as the email on the account was changed.

Personally I would have questions about FPL’s approach there (surely there’s a database that shows the email change) but on the flip side of that, they probably have data laws to worry about, as well as the fact that dealing with any legitimate complaint could probably set a precedent for numerous other chancers to try exploit.

Wouldn't take too much notice tbh. Said lad is a moron, stopped following him ages ago. I just assumed it was done by someone that he pissed off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Wouldn't take too much notice tbh. Said lad is a moron, stopped following him ages ago. I just assumed it was done by someone that he pissed off.

That “FPL Twitter community” has some very strange characters. 4 or 5 decent contributors, 40 or 50 lads who haven’t a clue just throwing out random “threads” for likes

Advertisement