Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

dsmythy wrote: »
    Rashford will be up top. Is Greenwood an out on the wing type? I'd be surprised if he starts still.

Greenwood is a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Fancy a Watford clean sheet this weekend. They play very narrow, so Ritchie being involved is a massive key threat gone now.

It'll either be Clarke at LWB or Dummett at LB (in a 4) so that's a lot of threat gone. Set-piece taking worsens too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,501 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Pep Guardiola on Gabriel Jesus and John Stones: "They are much better. I don't know if they will be available tomorrow but they are much, much better. If they are not ready for tomorrow, the Norwich game they will be ready."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

CLassic pep - keep u guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭siblers

callaway92 wrote: »
    Fancy a Watford clean sheet this weekend. They play very narrow, so Ritchie being involved is a massive key threat gone now.

It'll either be Clarke at LWB or Dummett at LB (in a 4) so that's a lot of threat gone. Set-piece taking worsens too.

Watford are poison at the moment, I'd fancy the Toon to put a couple past them

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Watford are poison at the moment, I'd fancy the Toon to put a couple past them

I don’t think they’ve been poison at all.

Now - Ben Foster is performing far worse than his xS which is a worry.. but Deolofeu up front is on the cusp of some good scores (has some very good ratings so far this season).

It’s the Ben Foster factor for me - Defence is fine imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I wonder will Moise Kean start for Everton this week, tempted to risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

I don’t think they’ve been poison at all.

Now - Ben Foster is performing far worse than his xS which is a worry.. but Deolofeu up front is on the cusp of some good scores (has some very good ratings so far this season).

It’s the Ben Foster factor for me - Defence is fine imo

Watford are going for their 15th premier league game in a row without a clean sheet. They're awful at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

elefant wrote: »
    Watford are going for their 15th premier league game in a row without a clean sheet. They're awful at the back.

31 points in their last 31 games, isn't it? It's not been a good run for quite a while now.

I just don't have faith in any of their assets tbh. Always a rotation risk with the addition of Sarr to the attack now, and the lack of clean sheets is a worry too like you say.

elefant wrote: »

I trust they’re on some sort of a bad run - I’m not including last season in metrics because their season was done so early with nothing to play for.

Obv clean sheets aren’t easy to come by, but if there’s a team that plays into Watford’s hands this weekend it would be Newcastle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,618 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Chicarito off to Sevilla.

Having different transfer windows in different leagues is bonkers imho

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

There is a dedicated thread for transfers folks.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057992383

I have Yarmolenko in the Draft, but wow, you need a West Ham attacker in the normal Fantasy right now if you don't already have one.

2nd highest xG in the league so far

Best Shot on Target ratio

3rd highest amount of Shots on Target

Have to strike on them while the iron is hot.

kv3IHQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Shots on target an anomoly for them but can see why you might still want one in your team.

Shots on target an anomoly for them but can see why you might still want one in your team.

Not sure how it’s an anomoly.

xG coupled with SoT means they’re taking very high percentage shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Not sure how it’s an anomoly.

xG coupled with SoT means they’re taking very high percentage shots.

Just the difference between their number versus the rest of the league in the table along with Norwich is all under that heading. I'm always suspicious of a near future crash by nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just the difference between their number versus the rest of the league in the table along with Norwich is all under that heading. I'm always suspicious of a near future crash by nature.

Exactly - Hence why I said strike while they're hot! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I have Yarmolenko in the Draft, but wow, you need a West Ham attacker in the normal Fantasy right now if you don't already have one.

2nd highest xG in the league so far

Best Shot on Target ratio

3rd highest amount of Shots on Target

Have to strike on them while the iron is hot.

kv3IHQ.jpg

I still wouldn't be in a rush to get in a Utd attacker though

• Advertisement

I still wouldn't be in a rush to get in a Utd attacker though

Definitely not -Avoid them. Their xG is so high and yet they can’t keep shots on target = Awful shooters. Would avoid all from what the graph says

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Lads, have they removed the option to view manager of the month within the leagues that you've entered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

waiting for a double week seems the logical time to triple captain. Discuss?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    waiting for a double week seems the logical time to triple captain. Discuss?

Yes it does - if possible the way it fell last year many ended up using it in a single week (and to good effect)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Yes it does - if possible the way it fell last year many ended up using it in a single week (and to good effect)

was that Aguero in late January rolling into his hatrick versus Arsenal?

when was Triple Captain introduced? 2015/2016

is there a stat that shows the double week beats the single week over the history of the game? and who might be the team or player that benefitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I've done Salah on a SGW the last 2 years and rewarded.

I'll probably be doing a SGW again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Pretty sure that 15/16 was the first year. Wijnaldum was at Newcastle that year and a friend used the TC on him, he had a 1 pointer.

God knows what was going on in his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yep 2015/16 was the first season. I played it on Payet that season when he got 12 points in a double gameweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Last year, most of the people in my league with my friends played their TC in a DGW on Aguero, Sterling, etc. Business end of the season and all of them were rested for at least one game of the two. I don't think anyone managed to get double figures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Just catching up on MOTD2, could this be the start of a Ricky goal streak? Usually goes on a good run early in the season

Advertisement