Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your disciplinary record on here?

Options
  • 27-04-2020 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭

I've 2 yellows and a red. Bad boy :cool:

The red was was back in 2009 though.

It's on your Control Panel.

Comments

Wheety wrote: »
    I've 2 yellows and a red. Bad boy :cool:

The red was was back in 2009 though.

It's on your Control Panel.

I got a yellow in 2014 for calling Manuel Neuer a See you next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,833 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've a few yellows, first one was for discussing how a beer tasted nice and gets you sozzled (tasting talk ok, drunk talk not ok). The rest of them were caused by travelers as a result of (alleged) traveler bashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

A few yellows, a couple of reds, a re-reg. Standard stuff for any regular I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,438 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Almost 15 years registered on here. 3 reds, 2 yellows, no re-reg. All cards between 2009 and 2012. I've mellowed a lot since then. That said I've no regrets on any of those cards.
    Great site, some great people on here and the site has helped me in so many ways.
    A fair smathering of idiots as well who I blame the cards on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

My latest was a yellow card for sexism in 2012, got me 50 thanks though, totally worth it, would be a sexist pig again.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82376824#post82376824

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

It was pretty bad, I think I was a card away from a site-wide ban, and then I read that Mods get death/rape threats so tried to be less work since.

Since I've stopped frequenting the MMA forum (because I'm barred), and trying to troll the Conor McGregor fans, my record is blemish free..

I kind of miss all the PMs from Axwell tbh..
    I felt we were forming a bond there for a while..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I like to get an annual red card so I can take some time to reflect on my true value to boards (they never miss me).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Four yellows and a red in the last 8 months I cant figure how to look back further....

I've only ever had a yellow in 2013 for saying - "Cyclists do what they want, and when they get called on their mischief, the tears are shed."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

2 yellows in 11 years, one was given for attacking a poster I eventually found out was a mate trolling me intentionally. The other was in the soccer forum and I don't remember getting it in 2014. Looking at the post I'm actually attempted to appeal it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Can't seem to avoid politically correct people on here, they get offended too easily

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Three or four warnings/holidays.
    I even got a week ban on Irish Poker Boards from a mod who was on his first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

One yellow , one red!

Red during the beast from the east in the weather forum!!!

Yellow was worth it and referencing John Delaney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Is there a way you can check?

Edit: just noticed the control panel bit thanks OP

Good man big Jurg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

3 red and 2 yellow

1 red was for telling an OP in the LGBT forum it wasn't on that they thought they expected to find a house share with LGBT people only and no straights allowed, not even as visitors as they "wouldn't feel safe"

Yes I was genuinely carded for it, no abuse :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

In the twelve years I've been posting here... probably around six or seven yellows altogether, including the two on this account. I'm not sure I've ever had a red card. Off the top of my head, they were mostly for describing posters as racists, homophobes and misogynists. The moral of that story is that you can be as racist as you like on here, but woe betide anyone who calls you one.

The most recent yellow was for deliberately ignoring a mod 'instruction' not to discuss the treatment of a former member who many people felt had been wrongly banned.

I think I've had three or four short AH bans, one of which I literally asked for because I felt I had goaded another poster into losing his rag and calling me a rude name. The others were for ignoring an 'instruction' not to post on a thread again, and for jokes that very serious mods took very seriously. Those were the worst. There's nothing more tedious and frustrating than trying to explain a joke to someone who doesn't appear to get humour. To avoid confusion, I have never posted anything funny since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I got this a few minutes ago

We're sorry, your account does not have permission to post. If you are a new user, you will need to activate your account before you can post on the forum or send private messages.
    If this is not your first time attempting to post, you have been banned from the forums; this status means that you cannot post on the public forums & cannot send or receive messages. This is generally reserved for breaches of rules or guidelines.
    You can check the "charter" of the forum you most recently posted in for potential breaches. If you think you have been unfairly or incorrectly banned from boards.ie - you can make your appeal in the Prison forum.
    Moderator note: No reason was specified.
    Ban lifted: Never

About 15 minutes ago I had changed my e-mail address to my new address.
    A message flashed on the screen for an instant - too quick to read.
    I found an e-mail in my Gmail saying I had to re-activate my account.
    Charming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

It was pretty bad, I think I was a card away from a site-wide ban, and then I read that Mods get death/rape threats so tried to be less work since.

Jesus Christ in heaven, that's a bit over the top in all fairness.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

To avoid confusion, I have never posted anything funny since then.

Especially the subtle kind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Especially the subtle kind.

Exactly. I also try to avoid posting while angry. This one time, I was so annoyed by a post on here that I damaged my keyboard. I don't know what happened, but I lost ctrl.

Exactly. I also try to avoid posting while angry. This one time, I was so annoyed by a post on here that I damaged my keyboard. I don't know what happened, but I lost ctrl.

You deserve a yellow for that..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

One yellow recently for, I think back seat modding and years ago, a red, reduced to a yellow for telling people how they could listen to cricket on UK radio here :pac:

Probably lucky to avoid a couple of others for back seat modding/questioning mods on thread recently.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

3 yellows and a red in 2010.
    1 yellow in 2020

only 1 point overall. Hmm.. i guess i must just get ansy every ten years. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,467 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

3 yellows
    1 red
    Can't for the life of me think what the red was for

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Few yellows few reds few bans. Ya know yourself.

Actually in the last year I’ve only acquired a yellow card, which incidentally was only given to me this morning :pac:

Looking at my record, a lot of my cards are from when I first started posting here when I didn’t really get how boards worked, would saunter into threads, pay no need of warnings, give my tuppence worth and then piss off again. I’m sure a lot of my earlier ones could have been challenged or overturned had I even known I could do that.

Now I’ve no excuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

Clean homie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

I got a red card for calling a keyboard warrior a Wnker years ago, He was a mod too. You cant call a mod a wnkr but he was and still is. Have not seen him online in years. Somebody took away his power :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

4 yellows in 16 years last one was 2014

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Not yet but my last account had one or two infractions and some temporary bans from some forums.

Advertisement