Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your disciplinary record on here?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I got a red in 2009 because I made fun of god in a thread I thought was in AH. Turns out it was in the Christianity forum, so I deserved that. Then there was a decade long gap before 2 yellows and a red in 2019. This year I've only had a bunch of ****posts deleted on the politics forum. Politics mod should probably be a paid position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

A few cards, a few bannings. A perma ban from the motors forum because one prick said I'd given him a box one morning. In fairness he was slagging off my son who'd sold him a car, but I didn't give the prick a box, and even if I did (which I didn't :) ) it wasn't anyone's business here anyway.

I find the older I get the wiser I get and I just don't rise to internet arguments like I used to so I'm an innocent man in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

14 Yellow
    4 Red
    1 Month Long Siteban

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Where can you find out?

Scratch that. I see now.

6 red
    7 yellow
    A one month site ban
    A 3 month site ban.

There are a few threads I'm not allowed post in anymore I think. I know a Gemma o Doherty thread is one. Don't know the others. Can't remember.

Next ban is going to be permanent I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

greenspurs wrote: »
    Just click on your user name in the top right, it will bring you to your 'homepage'.
    Click on the infractions tab then.

:eek: There's an infractions tab ???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Had a few bans, red card's, yellow cards etc

It all depends on the mods and their ability to not personalise your post's, takes a while to figure out how to be as cunning as the perpetually offended...

Say if you're debating with a stridently awkward self proclaimed male fenminst who really is calling himself a fenminst because he's an incel and will never get laid, but maybe some day a hot liberal will feel sorry for him, and that's his glimmer of hope.

Well debating the type I described above can be tricky to manoeuvre around, because I have to try to get my point across in a way they're not going to get TRIGGERED and then with their multiple accounts start to report me.

So I tend to steer clear of social justice warriors and their ilk, as they will usually try to destroy your credibility and integrity by doing your thinking for you...

Over all I'm doing ok recently without being infracted...I'm here since around 2009 so it's about time I behave myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭threeball

Nearly every card I've received was from the same touchy mod in the GAA forum. Obviously wasn't happy when I disagreed with a post they made once and has yellow and red carded me multiple times since. Never seem to have a problem with any other mod bar this one. The odd soft warning but thats it.

antodeco wrote: »
    No warnings , cards or bans, on here 18 years. I am part of the privileged special accounts however ;)

What are they?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

threeball wrote: »
    Nearly every card I've received was from the same touchy mod in the GAA forum. Obviously wasn't happy when I disagreed with a post they made once and has yellow and red carded me multiple times since. Never seem to have a problem with any other mod bar this one. The odd soft warning but thats it.

Very true. I have tried to contribute to the Rugby forum on a couple of occasions and received outright bans in seconds. Very cliquey.

A lot of mods will give you beatings if they disagree with your tone or argument, it can often depend on how close you are sailing to their wind. I have given up arguing though, if a mod does not like what you said you are going down until you shut up. Speech is not as free as you think.

I think if you can limit your posts to areas which you genuinely love and care about you can really limit your beatings. It is getting into snipes on political forums that cause the most crap. I post all the time on music forums and never any hassle. But if I say that the Irish out half is a bit of a chunt I get a ban.

You can always tell if a post has been reported as well. The mod will not know why they are dishing out the beating. They will have been prompted, some of them are real numbskulls.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Mainly locked threads. I made too many of them on a certain scene from an episode of The Streets of San Francisco, when I was just branie..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Very true. I have tried to contribute to the Rugby forum on a couple of occasions and received outright bans in seconds. Very cliquey.

A lot of mods will give you beatings if they disagree with your tone or argument, it can often depend on how close you are sailing to their wind. I have given up arguing though, if a mod does not like what you said you are going down until you shut up. Speech is not as free as you think.

I think if you can limit your posts to areas which you genuinely love and care about you can really limit your beatings. It is getting into snipes on political forums that cause the most crap. I post all the time on music forums and never any hassle. But if I say that the Irish out half is a bit of a chunt I get a ban.

You can always tell if a post has been reported as well. The mod will not know why they are dishing out the beating. They will have been prompted, some of them are real numbskulls.

The Rugby forum is the worst for it...any negative remark about a player(even when evidence is provided to support remark) you get carded or banned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

antodeco wrote: »
    No warnings , cards or bans, on here 18 years. I am part of the privileged special accounts however ;)

You are the Gary Lineker of boards

• Site Banned Posts: 10 Rereg Troll

Pristine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I'm banned from the politics forum for posting one too many silly memes:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

i've been disciplined a few times...put in my place and given my medicine and oh was it bitter.
    and you have to take your medicine, ...

one threadban on this account, no other issues on this or the last one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Two yellows. One was for referring to breastfeeding Nazism. Didn't call anyone anything, just used the term. Breastfeeding isn't an option for everyone so bashing people about it isn't nice. You may not discuss options for formula though as that apparently is an offence against the orthodoxy.

The other was for "baiting other users to get a reaction". I thought I was being friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

How can I see the control panel to see my summary??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

How can I see the control panel to see my summary??

Click your username on a laptop or desktop and the infractions tab is there to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Or on your phone change from touch site to full site and do the same as above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

This thread shows there are really only three types of posters on this website.

The Goody Two Shoes

tenor.gif

The Repenters

source.gif

And The Troublemakers

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Guy Person wrote: »
    This thread shows there are really only three types of posters on this website.

The Goody Two Shoes
    The Repenters
    And The Troublemakers

Not to mention...

1462338.main_image.jpg?strip=all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Two yellows and one red for telling someone to **** off...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,081 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Deja Boo wrote: »
    :eek: There's an infractions tab ???

I can't see that tab either.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

On touch site: click on your profile. Scroll down and click on “full site”. Where you see the “about me” folders etc, there will be one there that says infractions. They are only visible to each user. We can’t see other users infraction folders but moderators can

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Probably isn't there if you don't have any.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Don't think it's there if you don't have any;)

You also cannot see bans from the Control Panel

In - nil
    Out - 1,879 cards, 258 forum bans (in forums I currently mod, plus a few from when I modded Cycling and Dublin County North), and just shy of 5k sitebans

Only 15 posters in this thread received any of them though

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

18 yellow card, 10 red cards, 1 temp site ban.

Also still banned from Cycling and possibly also Christianity.

The site ban was due in part to a poster that had Pig in their name.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

sketch

• Registered Users Posts: 13,081 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

petes wrote: »
    Probably isn't there if you don't have any.

I only got a 24 hour ban once but I actually appealed that because it was a misunderstanding and in fairness within the hour, I was back in.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Loads of reds and yellows.
    I’m the Vinny Jones of Boards.
    But I’m settling down of late.

I love mods, I love mods, I love mods.

Advertisement