Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-10-2019, 18:55   #5641
Slippin Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
Whats the number people are using to call, I rang 0818719819. What option do you go for then? I can never get through. Just gave up waiting after waiting 25 mins....
The free phone number is 1800927476.
Advertisement
06-11-2019, 10:30   #5642
Keano

Tried calling that number but it's no longer in use
06-11-2019, 10:37   #5643
pj12332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keano View Post
Tried calling that number but it's no longer in use
Just tried it and it's working fine.

1800 927 476
06-11-2019, 11:27   #5644
GalwayGaillimh

So was going cancelling my sky TV which was costing 57 a month with multi room and hd so went to cancel a week ago and they dropped price to 32 was losing hd and my mini q box...decided to cancel it altogether this morning as within cooling off period and they really try and keep you...anyways eventually got through to cancellation department and they knocked it down to 22 a month for entertainment without hd, multiscreen and the q mini which I will have to send back...if I wanted the mini and hd be 40 odd euros a month...hope that helps..
(2) thanks from:
07-11-2019, 12:15   #5645
Only

Guys, is 35% off the max they anyone has gotten these days?
I cancelled and see an offer of 35% off on my account - wondering should I just go for it or hold on and see.

Also, I am on the old Variety Package (no longer exists apparently) - does anyone know what the difference between the Variety and Entertainment + kids package is?? .. Do you lost the documentaries or is that attomatic on it?
Advertisement
07-11-2019, 16:03   #5646
CoBo55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only View Post
Guys, is 35% off the max they anyone has gotten these days?
I cancelled and see an offer of 35% off on my account - wondering should I just go for it or hold on and see.

Also, I am on the old Variety Package (no longer exists apparently) - does anyone know what the difference between the Variety and Entertainment + kids package is?? .. Do you lost the documentaries or is that attomatic on it?
It looks like that's all anyone gets now. At one time I had 35% off the main package, half price movies, half price HD and the extremely rare half price multi room. I'm strongly considering letting my contract expire and just pulling the pin on the whole shebang.
10-11-2019, 18:48   #5647
kooga

quick question re sports extra pack

currently there is an offer of all sports channels for €30 pm for six months. Do i have to keep the offer for the six months or can i give my 30 days notice after say 4 months?

Its really to do with watching the champions cup rugby from next weekend on BT - with fixture in nov, dec and jan i want to cancel in jan and then get it in again for april/may- is this possible if you are on a six months offer? Thanks in advance
10-11-2019, 19:49   #5648
telmah

I have the Entertainment ,multi-room,hd and Sports Packs.
I'm just out of contract and will be ringing soon to remove the Sports Pack and try to get a reduction on the remaining setup.Can anyone tell me if i remove the HD pack will i lose all HD channels or would i still have even RTE1 and 2 in HD?Thanks.
10-11-2019, 20:44   #5649
paska

Why are people still paying for SKY? Realy and truly.

Get a free sat box, Netflix or amazon prime or later in 2020 disney+ .

It's like shopping in Aldi Or Lidl! you will buy it but do you really need it?
Advertisement
10-11-2019, 21:22   #5650
EverythingGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooga View Post

currently there is an offer of all sports channels for €30 pm for six months. Do i have to keep the offer for the six months or can i give my 30 days notice after say 4 months?

Its really to do with watching the champions cup rugby from next weekend on BT - with fixture in nov, dec and jan i want to cancel in jan and then get it in again for april/may- is this possible if you are on a six months offer? Thanks in advance
Only a 30 day contract on Sports, so cancel anytime.
Thanks from:
10-11-2019, 21:23   #5651
dulpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooga View Post

You're never tied into anything more than 30 days with sports. If you cancel before the 6 months, that's fine...
Thanks from:
10-11-2019, 21:56   #5652
The Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by paska View Post
Why are people still paying for SKY? Realy and truly.

Get a free sat box, Netflix or amazon prime or later in 2020 disney+ .

It's like shopping in Aldi Or Lidl! you will buy it but do you really need it?
I have Sky, I like a lot of the subscription channels and I want the sport, I have the movies but could do without. Granted some of the subscription channels are dross. I also have Freesat and it is fine but fairly limited and in my opinion it can't be compared to Sky.
10-11-2019, 22:02   #5653
Buford T. Justice VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by telmah View Post
I have the Entertainment ,multi-room,hd and Sports Packs.
I'm just out of contract and will be ringing soon to remove the Sports Pack and try to get a reduction on the remaining setup.Can anyone tell me if i remove the HD pack will i lose all HD channels or would i still have even RTE1 and 2 in HD?Thanks.
RTE1 and RTE2 are both still available as HD on 101 and 102. They're available as SD somewhere in the 800s for recording.
(2) thanks from:
11-11-2019, 21:46   #5654
ando

I attempted to cancel my Sky today, price was going from €50 to €95 a month for TV and Broadband as I had reached the end of my 12 month offer. Told them I was going to get cheaper BB elsewhere and freesat. Was passed onto the cancellation team and immediately offered the 'win back offer', 35% off! I knew it was the best I could get going by this thread so decided to go for it
11-11-2019, 22:00   #5655
A New earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
I attempted to cancel my Sky today, price was going from €50 to €95 a month for TV and Broadband as I had reached the end of my 12 month offer. Told them I was going to get cheaper BB elsewhere and freesat. Was passed onto the cancellation team and immediately offered the 'win back offer', 35% off! I knew it was the best I could get going by this thread so decided to go for it
Did you get 12 months again? about to cancel soon

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion