Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

dulpit wrote: »
    Variety: €39
    Sky+ HD: €17

So actually, €56. I guess the lower HD is on Sky Q if you don't take the boxsets/netflix thing?
    Does anybody know what the Multiroom charge is please?, I'd need 2 Multiroom boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Does anybody know what the Multiroom charge is please?, I'd need 2 Multiroom boxes

€17.50

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

€17.50

You should be able to get the 2 of them for price of one on "old" Sky, if you have Sky Q, you don't pay anything extra as you are paying outright for the boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

€17.50

As in 8.75 each?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    As in 8.75 each?

No 17.50 each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Rang sky this morning on behalf of my dad - currently paying 31.25 a month for basic - asked to cancel best price back was 23.25

Was told if I cancel you cannot stop the process ie can’t ring in during the 31 days to reverse the decision

Also told that the fta channels were going and I would not be able to receive them

Should I just cancel and wait for the offer to come into my account

Any advice appreciated
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

kooga wrote: »
    Rang sky this morning on behalf of my dad - currently paying 31.25 a month for basic - asked to cancel best price back was 23.25

Was told if I cancel you cannot stop the process ie can ring in during the 31 days to reverse the decision

Also told that the fta channels were going and I would not be able to receive them

Any advice appreciated
    Thank you

FTA channels are not going anywhere, that's lies also saying you cannot change your mind once cancel is lies too. While you mention FTA, would a freesat receiver suit your father?

Here is a list of channels:

https://www.freesat.co.uk/whats/full-channel-list/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,277 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Was told if I cancel you cannot stop the process ie can ring in during the 31 days to reverse the decision
    Yep, you can cancel the cancellation at any time. In all likelihood, there is an offer sitting on your account already.
    The FTA channels will still work on the Sky EPG, you will lose access to the Irish channels alright though, and some of the channels will be hidden in the add channels menu. A freesat box might be a nicer way to access it once Sky is cancelled.

Any advice appreciated
    Thank you
    Like I said, it's probably already on the account, when I cancelled a few weeks back the 35% offer was on account within an hour if I wanted it.

heffo500 wrote: »
    FTA channels are not going anywhere, that's lies also saying you cannot change your mind once cancel is lies too. While you mention FTA, would a freesat receiver suit your father?

I still have 3 Sky boxes (now with Virgin for my sins), if I connect these back up will I get these FTA channels or do I need to get new viewing cards? (apologies if discussed already but I’m not paying €35 per month for 2 x Multiroom to come back to Sky!)

I still have 3 Sky boxes (now with Virgin for my sins), if I connect these back up will I get these FTA channels or do I need to get new viewing cards? (apologies if discussed already but I’m not paying €35 per month for 2 x Multiroom to come back to Sky!)

They'll still work without a card, although the EPG isn't the best to use without one, and you won't be able to use the likes of record/pause/etc.

• Advertisement

heffo500 wrote: »

Tks for the reply - he’s happy to stay with sky as he has eirsport- just trying to reduce the cost of the basic as this year he will need to pay a bt sub ( rugby - h cup and English premier ship)

When you cancel and the offer comes onto your sky account do you have to ring back to get the offer applied or can you do it through your account online?
    Thank you

They'll still work without a card, although the EPG isn't the best to use without one, and you won't be able to use the likes of record/pause/etc.

Can I ‘acquire’ new cards anywhere and will they allow recording etc?

Rang back got put through to final billing offered 35% of a month so paying €20.31 pm

Will sign up to bt sorts pack before sep 27 for the half price offer

• Registered Users Posts: 46 carazeb

I'm currently on the Variety Pack. My bill was due to go up to full price of €39 next month, so called Sky today to cancel. Best offer was €31 so I asked to initiate the cancellation. The 35% off offer is now showing on my account. I may call up to accept the 35% off, but just out of curiosity does anyone know if Sky would allow me to use the 35% off on an upgrade to SkyQ (I currently have a Sky+ HD box)?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LosPrimos

On the discount. Is it only the basic package you get it off if you go through cancellation. I have full sports and movies and multiroom and it racks up. Have seen eir... and wondering for the money is it worth it. Don't want virgin as dont want new points adding to the house.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Don't want virgin as dont want new points adding to the house.

Sky Q?

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I bit the bullet and took out Sky Sports Extra online.
    Got an email to say I had now a new 1 year contract for all of my Sky!
    Wasn't expecting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

Is there a cooling off period you can avail of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

I bit the bullet and took out Sky Sports Extra online.
    Got an email to say I had now a new 1 year contract for all of my Sky!
    Wasn't expecting that.

The contract is on the base pack only. Not the sports pack or the HD or movies if you have them. If you don't want the 12 month contract, it is €17 per month. You have a 14 day cooling off period.

It says it in the T&C's also - Sports Extra €10 a month for 6 months offer: Existing Sky Sports customers only. Sports Extra price after 6 months: €20 pm. €34 pm price applies if cancelling Sky Sports. Requires Sky TV on 12 month contract. HD compatible box required. Offer ends 27 September. Further terms apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

The contract is on the base pack only. Not the sports pack or the HD or movies if you have them. If you don't want the 12 month contract, it is €17 per month. You have a 14 day cooling off period.

I have the Entertainment Pack for twelve months @ 32e
    Sports for six months @ 20e
    Sports Extra for six months @ 10e

I thought I can cancel both Sports packs before the price increases?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Mr.Maroon wrote: »
    I have the Entertainment Pack for twelve months @ 32e
    Sports for six months @ 20e
    Sports Extra for six months @ 10e

I thought I can cancel both Sports packs before the price increases?

You can cancel at any time with 31 days notice but your base TV will be in a 12 month contract if you accept the €10 sports offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭celt262

Anyone sign up as a new customer lately any decent deals?

My sky switched off Sunday. I'm not planning on signing back up, but are they likely to contact me with an offer post-cancellation? How long after cancelling before they deem you a new customer again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

12 months.

Tweak your address slightly so instead of 12 new road, try New Road Number 12.
    Change the name into Irish or tweak original name slightly so Joe Bloggs becomes Mr J A Bloggs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

My sky switched off Sunday. I'm not planning on signing back up, but are they likely to contact me with an offer post-cancellation? How long after cancelling before they deem you a new customer again?

I cancelled my subscription about 5 weeks ago and don’t miss it in the slightest. If I never hear from sky again that’s fine by me.

who_ru wrote: »
    I cancelled my subscription about 5 weeks ago and don’t miss it in the slightest. If I never hear from sky again that’s fine by me.

I'd be same apart from the soccer.

who_ru wrote: »

Oh ya, I'm in the same boat, except I will miss the lack of Sky Plus for the next few weeks (I will get an enigma box eventually)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I am currently paying 64 a month for the Entertainment with sports and movies, I called the other day and dropped the sports and movies and added multi-room for 40e (no HD), I have a few HD Plus boxes laying around so they are sending out the second card, as I need a second tv up and running and the sports and movies I can live without.

I see if I cancel completely and re join I can get Sky Q multi-room, I have seen it in action but the thing is I am not planning on upgrading my TVs any time soon and have basic HD LCD screens. Is there a major benefit I am missing by not getting Sky Q? my BB is a 4g Router with a Three sim , the router is flaky enough and needs a regular reboot, this is fine at the moment but does the 2nd Sky Q run through my home router and will this be a pain in the ass over time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

bennyc wrote: »
    I am currently paying 64 a month for the Entertainment with sports and movies, I called the other day and dropped the sports and movies and added multi-room for 40e (no HD), I have a few HD Plus boxes laying around so they are sending out the second card, as I need a second tv up and running and the sports and movies I can live without.

I see if I cancel completely and re join I can get Sky Q multi-room, I have seen it in action but the thing is I am not planning on upgrading my TVs any time soon and have basic HD LCD screens. Is there a major benefit I am missing by not getting Sky Q? my BB is a 4g Router with a Three sim , the router is flaky enough and needs a regular reboot, this is fine at the moment but does the 2nd Sky Q run through my home router and will this be a pain in the ass over time.

Got the Sky Q during the summer and my comments are are follows;
    1. You get 2 boxes.... so 1 is in the kitchen (mini)
    2. You can record up to 6 channels at one time
    3. You can pause and rewind live etc
    4. Keeps wife happy when I watching football?? She can watch some soppy movie in the kitchen etc...
    5. It got Netflix App which is handy
    6. Was laid up in bed recently.... and just unplugged the mini and moved to the tv in the bedroom. Plug and play !!

Advertisement