Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2013 & Events list

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The foam roller is my best buddy and is def keeping me injury free. Eight weeks to go and the main thing that I am finding difficult is HAVING to run:mad:. Not much freedom to run free, stuck in a schedule,in a plan.....

Are you TRYING to give me a heart attack.

9 weeks to go. NINE. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Are you TRYING to give me a heart attack.

9 weeks to go. NINE. :p

Sorry there 8.....Sunday EIGHT weeks:D.
    Well done at the weeekend.

Start my 15k or so each way commuting soon. 150k + a week of commuting can be added to the challenge, right? :pac:

I'll catch you yet Fran :(

Now I'm not doing the second coached session I feel like I'm going backwards in the water. Struggled tonight so that could make it two weeks in a row of only one proper session :( Off work Thursday and Friday though so might get a decent session in on Thursday or Wednesday evening. Poor week or so of swimming means distance is a little lower than it should be.

Hoped to do a 400m TT today but forgot the watch, probably for the best since it was act the eejit night in the pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I feel like all I'm doing lately is swimming and Fazz still bloody leads :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Could we add another column for time spent complaining about not being able to train.

Got taken out by a car yesterday and bike ruined! Can't run or swim either with my knee getting smacked. Angry face. GRR!!! :mad:

• Advertisement

MrCreosote wrote: »
    Could we add another column for time spent complaining about not being able to train.

Got taken out by a car yesterday and bike ruined! Can't run or swim either with my knee getting smacked. Angry face. GRR!!! :mad:

Ouch. Hope you're alright.

Ouch. Hope you're alright.

Cheers! I'm not too bad. A bit stiff and sore, and very cranky!

Welcome to the cranky club Mr Creosote

Although first Bronze on the board which is positive :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

first Bronze on the board which is positive :rolleyes:

Congrats! Busted achilles, training for a road marathon, and he still beats everyone to 100k! Jammy!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Hope your ok Mr Creosote.

Can I join your cranky club too?
    Missed a week with illness, slowly ramped back up this week only to clean myself out of it on the bike yesterday. Nothing too bad, but will need at least a few days off.

Seriously annoyed and very peeved off.

• Advertisement

All welcome in the cranky club!

The worst are the own fault crashes (I've had a few)- at least I've got a focus for my crankiness, bloody u-turning drivers.
    Few stitches, big swollen knee and nice shoulder bruising for me. I'll be out of action for a couple of weeks I'd say. AND on a mountain bike when I get back cycling...the shame of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

Can I join too?. Was just delighted with myself with how my running was going, then got hit by a virus on Friday that left me needing a lie down after climbing the stairs. Going to try a swim tomorrow - wish me luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Straight in at 4th!

Green&Red wrote: »
    Straight in at 4th!

You are aiming for a Sprint Tri ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

You are aiming for a Sprint Tri ? :eek:
    Well along with other things, like doing the 8 days of race the RAS, a few Olympics and a good 10k time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Green&Red wrote: »
    Well along with other things, like doing the 8 days of race the RAS, a few Olympics and a good 10k time.
    Only Race the RAS, not the actual RAS, that's just lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Hi lads...really sorry
    I was trying to update my cycle distance today and my computer was doing weird things...it was updating guys above or below me but not me...really sorry but may have messed up Macanri's EC1000's and possibly Catweazle's cycle distance...tried to put back in what I thought ye had in but ye might need to double check it...sorry again...not having a good day with this computer

Well done on the Bike Bronze Fazz... a SBR score of 1 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Well done on the[COLOR="Sienna"] Bike Bronze[/COLOR] Fazz... a SBR score of 1 :cool:

Cheers, though skewed until Jackyback gets his mojo back as im sure hes still trucking away.

Steady as she goes...

Jeez we'll done Kurt, BTH and Fazz on swim and bike bronze!

• Advertisement

Jaysus Fazz where'd that running come from? :eek:

Jaysus Fazz where'd that running come from? :eek:

Hilarious coming from miss number one herself!! :D

But yeah seems to have crept up steadily last few weeks.
    Must be a race someday soon!

I must double check it with my TP account actually just to be sure I didn't do a type o but think its right - only 48km avg per week so not exactly big.
    70.3 focus helps the quality sessions drag up the averages it seems.

Will the hobbit ever come back and make it interesting. Stop Fazz hitting MINUS 12!

Fazz wrote: »
    But yeah seems to have crept up steadily last few weeks.
    Must be a race someday soon!

I was enjoying my status behind the queen so thanks for knocking me off my perch. What tace are you targeting?

I was enjoying my status behind the queen so thanks for knocking me off my perch. What tace are you targeting?

It's all yours shortly I'd say as I'm into recovery.
    Racing the Ashford Duathlon Champs next weekend. Plenty of running in that bad boy so hopefully I'm prepared.

Fazz wrote: »
    It's all yours shortly I'd say as I'm into recovery.
    Racing the Ashford Duathlon Champs next weekend. Plenty of running in that bad boy so hopefully I'm prepared.

Sounds like you are well prepared. I am tapering now for London Marathon so milage will be well back. Miss the bike and cannot wait to have this marathon done and dusted. Best o'luck in Ashford - tough one.

Sounds like you are well prepared. I am tapering now for London Marathon so milage will be well back. Miss the bike and cannot wait to have this marathon done and dusted. Best o'luck in Ashford - tough one.

Thanks and good luck in London.
    Nice to get a marathon out of the way so early in the season!
    At least lots of the hard work is all done now.
    Enjoy it, hope the marathon goes to plan.

Wooooo bronze run :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Boom and im in there!

Been meaning to join ages ago. Swim total aint quite right, pretty sure there's more to add into it but i did best guess for now and i'll get it totted up by the end of the week

• Advertisement

Worst swim month since I started swimming properly...worst run month that wasn't bike crash related since March 2012...best bike month of the year so far

I know theres one day left but thats 10 miles of running so it's still a crap run month. :)

Advertisement