Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2013 & Events list

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Done! And welcome aboard the challenge. Best of luck with your goals.

New hoochie leader: Shell to Run !!
    New overall leader: BTH !!

First bronze prediction anyone? Will JB get it on his warm weather camp?

Leader by default. JB is in the lead if he'd updated.

Can't see him hitting a bronze over there, too early yet. You'll have run bronze by Valentines day and swim shortly after. They'll be the first two, and I'll be close behind for the swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

BTH wrote: »
    Leader by default.

Doesn't matter how or why, the lead is the lead, hold onto it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Need to get out cycling...

Also, first visit to the spreadsheet in about a week or so today. Took me a couple of minutes to figure out what the asterix next to my name was for!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

New hoochie leader: Shell to Run !!

Well that didn't even last a day, damn rat catchers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

BTH i typed over your run total by accident when updating and it would not allow me to go back. Typed in 90, not sure if the original figure was higher or lower:confused:

• Advertisement

BTH i typed over your run total by accident when updating and it would not allow me to go back. Typed in 90, not sure if the original figure was higher or lower:confused:

Got confused because you weren't on top anymore?? Fixed now, just slightly lower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

That's some huge bike update jackyback! (Did you include air miles?:D) Impressive stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    That's some huge bike update jackyback! (Did you include air miles?:D) Impressive stuff.

My a$$ is sore from riding!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

BTH wrote: »
    Leader by default. JB is in the lead if he'd updated.

Can't see him hitting a bronze over there, too early yet. You'll have run bronze by Valentines day and swim shortly after. They'll be the first two, and I'll be close behind for the swim.
    No chance. JB cycling bronze first. Run and swim in March after Paddies day

What's happened BTH and JB?

• Advertisement

What's happened BTH and JB?

We're so good, we broke google.

I haven't a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cayo

New on here, just put my numbers in.
    Hope I didn't mess anything up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

My a$$ is sore from riding!! :)

i wont say what i was going to say

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭slayer91

Just joined up. Enough of this lurking, not brave enough for a log, so this will have to do for a while.

Regs

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭slayer91

4.5km swim but no cycle yet due to fog, Might have to hit the turbo:(

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Enjoying having a decent number in cycling this year. My cycling was cut short last year after the bike accident so only hit 800 km (patehtic) already on 382 for this month.

Bad news is have only done 5 k in running since the marathon because of injury. One more accupuncture this friday and with new runners having been bought using the gait analysis i should be good to go on sat, raring to go as well.

QUICK question on swimming - i do loads of different sets, my stamina has really improved over last year but speed isnt getting that much better, anyone any good sessions to improve speed or advice?

Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

jester1980 wrote: »
    Enjoying having a decent number in cycling this year. My cycling was cut short last year after the bike accident so only hit 800 km (patehtic) already on 382 for this month.

Bad news is have only done 5 k in running since the marathon because of injury. One more accupuncture this friday and with new runners having been bought using the gait analysis i should be good to go on sat, raring to go as well.

QUICK question on swimming - i do loads of different sets, my stamina has really improved over last year but speed isnt getting that much better, anyone any good sessions to improve speed or advice?

Thanks
    Get a good swimmer or coach to look at your technique to see if you are inefficient anywhere. Do you do speed drills?

Hi Oryx, thnaks for reply

I dont really do too much speed work, could probabaly do more.

For example last night i did this in my 20 m pool, bit short on time so was a bit rushed.

400 Warmup

40 M sprints followed by 40M slow (as rest) repeated 7 times - 560 M

440 Easy Swim

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

jester1980 wrote: »
    Hi Oryx, thnaks for reply

I dont really do too much speed work, could probabaly do more.

For example last night i did this in my 20 m pool, bit short on time so was a bit rushed.

400 Warmup

40 M sprints followed by 40M slow (as rest) repeated 7 times - 560 M

440 Easy Swim
    More swimming will certainly help.

The things that have brought on my swim (bearing in mind Im still dead slow, but I had been swimming backwards) were more speed work, hypoxic drills, and stroke analysis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I seem to be missing from the list:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

I'm back :D

Only got around to updating this now.
    Thankfully training peaks has a nice total by week and month for me to add in.

Accidently entered Tri an Mhí this morning. 4 weeks of cycling after London will be enough, right? :)

Signed up myself this moring, first half distance so very excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Accidently entered Tri an Mhí this morning. 4 weeks of cycling after London will be enough, right? :)

If u have signed up for this whats putting you off HOTW olympic?

If u have signed up for this whats putting you off HOTW olympic?

I did that last year, the only race I actually managed to swim start to finish. It's on my radar. Really enjoyed it.

More concerned about my lack of bike to race on at the moment. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

Managed to run 5km injury free for the first time in 3 years this evening! Bit of a breakthrough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

valerie wrote: »
    Managed to run 5km injury free for the first time in 3 years this evening! Bit of a breakthrough for me.

Brilliant valerie, delighted for you. I'm injured at the moment and know how frustrating it can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Brilliant valerie, delighted for you. I'm injured at the moment and know how frustrating it can be.

thanks Solobally - hope you recover soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Training for London marathon is going really well (fingers crossed). I run on average five times per week and this is mainly group runs so never short of company. Last week I did 13 miles at race pace and am happy to report that I am well on track.

Getting one long cycle in every week and continue to use the turbo. Swimming well....the less said about that the better. Going to do 400mTT and shame myself but sure what the hell.

The foam roller is my best buddy and is def keeping me injury free. Eight weeks to go and the main thing that I am finding difficult is HAVING to run:mad:. Not much freedom to run free, stuck in a schedule,in a plan.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

looking at this I think that the top 8 in the swim mileage . swam more than the other 32 people.

looks like many ironman people doing reversed periodisation since the oly guys seem train more ;-)

Advertisement