Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2013 & Events list

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Just did my last update for the year. Thanks for maintaining it MCOS- it's nice to see the number for the year tot up.

Looking forward to the new year now, I'll be up at 0630 for a swim/bike/run to claim some early glory!

Happy new year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Final run, final update. Disappointing year all round.

Awaiting a monster update from Oryx or Dory :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Final run, final update. Disappointing year all round.

Awaiting a monster update from Oryx or Dory :)

Ha! Too funny! I haven't been on this thread in probably 10 or 11 months, so my update would be quite massive indeed, relatively speaking. Well done to all who participated in this challenge. Happy New Year folks!!! :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I'm done. Sorry to disappoint :) Totals similar to last year. Swim up by just a few kms, bike up 500, run down about 80. Good enough. Gave me the results I wanted, fingers crossed for next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Mixed year for me. Swim total up a little, run total down a lot and bike total up about 3000kms! Falls and injuries messed things up a lot but I probably wouldn't have taken this new road heading towards bike racing this year if I hadn't had my big crash :-)

Looking forward to seeing what this year brings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Overall a good year for me. Stayed injury free, which at my age is a great success!! Training was very consistent. I had a total of 41 rest days. Working off resting HR I made my decision whether to train based on high HR and this was extremely useful.
    Swim was down (a little!), bike up and run the same. Overall I am happy with training level this year. Intensity in bike has improved so hopefully this will pay dividends in 2014.
    Best wishes to all with their training in 2014. Some fantastically impressive scores in this challenge so well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Woeful Year for me but injury and other priorities dictated

High of the year:
    Finishing the Warrior of the Sea 6km swim after having my first ever panic attack a mile out from land :D

Low of the year:
    A few to choose from but picking one it would be the DNF at Donadea. Really enjoyed running with Beepbeep and Abhainn for a few laps and the achilles issue that handed me that DNF and prevented any planned subsequent sub3 attempt plagues me still :mad:

Totals:
    Swim down 150
    Bike down 5,000
    Run down 1,300

Delighted to be starting a new year clean slate and all that. Significant time will be invested in conditioning, stretching and rolling this year!

Happy New Year All :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Strong first 6months of the year (training wise) with the back end of the year being very all over the place.
    S - 2012 - 374,000mtrs// 2013 - 226,250mtrs
    B - 2012 - 8814kms// 2013 - 8,948kms
    R - 2012 - 2415kms// 2013 - 2291.7kms

So swim volume well down, run volume down a bit and bike marginally ahead on last year although i have done feck all cycling of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Theres some still tinkering with this 2013 table!

Thanks for the heads up E. Final sort done and 2013 SBR Challenge is closed.

Well done to all who participated and particularly those who gained motivation, momentum or anything else positive form it.

2013 Champs
    Fazz & RacoonQueen :D

Well done both of you!

• Advertisement

For some reason I can't view it anymore, it goes to a signin page.

Sorry locked the file instead of the sheet. Changed that now :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Things like that are great when you're going through a bad stage and just want to pack it in. Plodding around runs and splashing about pools enough to beat Fergal.

Things like that are great when you're going through a bad stage and just want to pack it in. Plodding around runs and splashing about pools enough to beat Fergal.

Seems I beat him too. :) I'm happy enough to come 7th behind such training behemoths. And it does keep you going sometimes, prevents you going 'sod it' on days you know you should but the couch is comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Thanks again for another great table MCOS! You're the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Oryx wrote: »
    Seems I beat him too. :) I'm happy enough to come 7th behind such training behemoths. And it does keep you going sometimes, prevents you going 'sod it' on days you know you should but the couch is comfy.

High praise indeed, that I might be a training target for either of you two...

All the best for 2014!

Advertisement