Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meta Quest

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Doge

I might do another VR Horror stream this year with the heart rate monitor on my wrist.

I plan on playing Resident Evil 2 Remake with the VR mod for starters!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Personally gonna wait for the reviews. Key thing for me will be comfort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,872 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

The halo headband style usually gives me chronic red-forehead and migraines (based on my experience with the PSVR) so that might be a factor for me. So far the original Rift and then the Vive DAS (with battery weight at the back) are the most comfortable for me.

Zucks said Q3 will be more affordable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Doge

Hoping the Quest 3 will have a much higher field of view, greater than 90 degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭jj880

Looking forward to this. Great trailer.

Out December 1st.

I gave Cosmodread a go there last night. It's disappointingly not as scary as Dreadhalls (made by the same dev) and it's a constant "replay the same levels over and over as you die and unlock extra bits", which I guess is the roguelike formula.

Found it a bit boring to be honest and didn't feel like replaying the levels over and over to level up.

In Death is a roguelike but at least that's interesting, so I'm not against the genre.

I still have to try The Persistance on PSVR, got the game for free a while back.

Big sale on today. Skybox stands out. Something Ive wanted for a while. 30% off. 6.99.

With SKYBOX, enjoy videos from your UPnP/DLNA media server or SMB share in the same Wi-Fi. A easy-to-set-up PC Client is available to support streaming from PC = Save your Storage!

No need to manually set the stereo mode such as 180° or 3D side-by-side; SKYBOX would recognize the correct format for you = Save your Time!

Completed Blair Witch last night.. the last 45 mins are prob the best for atmosphere/jump scares.

Started into Wraith: The Oblivion... has a real Wilson's Heart vibe to it, but reading more about it, it's supposed to take inspiration from Alien: Isolation so looking forward to that one.

About 75% through Red Matter 2. Just as good if not better than the first game. Amazing looking game also.

Completed the first tutorial / area in Bonelab. Really like the look and feel of the game overall especially how the weapons handle and the reloading. Will get stuck into the different sections inside the main area once I finish Red Matter 2.

Edit: Also the newest course in Walkabout Mini Golf is amazing. 20k leagues under the sea. They are upping the quality with every new course. I did get the release they put out in error containing a dev pack of all upcoming courses. Couldn't help myself. I played a few holes on them all before updating. The upcoming Myst course is excellent.

• Advertisement

Myst Course out November 15th. Looking forward to this. Mystery puzzle game atmosphere mixed into Walkabout Mini Golf. Looks great. The Witness was also a favourite game of mine.

does it actually have puzzles as part of each course? That would be cool way to mix it up

There are small puzzle elements in the holes I played. Not too hard to figure out. But yes it is cool to mix these in. Maybe these get more difficult in the later holes. I didnt want to play the whole course as it was clearly not 100% the finished product. For walkabout I buy every course when it comes out. They havent released a bad course yet I dont think. The sounds and atmosphere of the 20k leagues course are top drawer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

Got walkabout yesterday. Been playing it a lot since. Great fun and something you can play for a short while and switch back quickly to what you are really supposed to be doing - ahem 😁

Its still my favourite game. I can handle most games now but every now and then I get a small touch of motion sickness. A round of Gardens Of Babylon or Shangri-la sorts it out. So relaxing.

So... eh... Wraith Oblivion Afterlife is pretty damned intense (when you get 25% into it that is... at the spectre section)

I actually got such a scare last night I noped out of it and called it quits for the night 😲

Jeepers, the opening bit of Bonelab is kinda messed up.

Yeah I'd imagine if you hadn't read the description of the game which gives the opening plot you could be freaked out a bit. Definitely a first for me in VR. Surprised they were allowed to keep it in the game.

For anyone who doesn't think they'll buy it but wants to know:

Opening sequence has you putting a noose round your own neck before you fall into an underground cave and find your way into the lab.

Yep, took me a while to realise what I had to do. Was thinking, they can’t actually want me to to this. Then I spent the next 10m trying to swing to get the knife. Not realising I could do the “I expect you to die”, (Pun intended) telekinesis thing. Mad stuff altogether.

Post edited by kerplun k on

Sounds good. I was big fan of REVII on psvr. Got my eye on Crashland also which is on the game list for the free trial feature being rolled out at the moment. Will get a trial of it and see. Looks like Farpoint but with a bit more action and better pacing.

• Advertisement

Crashland is fun... you try to hold out those few extra seconds to make it to the end of the timer and it'll have you spinning around frantically

Ive no doubt its old news but I just got a great video running with Plex server and Skybox VR. Absolutely amazing. I recommend downloading the highest quality (8k VR360 SBS 700mb) of this Elton John video to your PC Plex directory and giving it a play in Skybox VR.

Also tried 3d Blu-ray rip of Journey To The Center Of The Earth starring Brendan Fraser 2008. Highly recommended also.

Edit: Just watched Dredd 2012 also. Full of great scenes for 3d.

Post edited by jj880 on

Seriously.. Wraith.. fsck this game, almost got a heart attack last night

Interesting review. This is the same feeling I got from Zuckerberg in the Meta Connect presentation. Lots of great ideas that are just not viable yet in an office environment. Either because the tech isn't there yet to do it or there are just so many gaps in what tasks are catered for at the moment. E.g. Not even a quick calculator available when wearing the Pro, lots of things launching in a browser instead of having them properly integrated. Who knows though? This could all be sorted in the next few years and Meta could be leaders in VR/AR office environments. Just seems so far away right now.

The pancake lens are a game changer. Seriously thinking of picking one of this up in January.

Read a lot of posts/leaks saying Quest 3 will have the pancake lenses but not the eye tracking. All speculation at the moment of course.

Resident Evil 4

30% off for another 9 hours.

Try Before You Buy section now available in the store. Looks to be trials from 15 up to 30 minutes. I can see pistol whip doing well out of this. Just 1 of those games that gets you hooked soon as you start playing.

• Advertisement

Racket:NX and Zombieland are both games that surprised me in a good way.

Good to see them there!

Free on applab. Great reviews. Good to see more apps using hand tracking.

First time Ive seen a comprehensive site like this.

Has honest reviews of games, apps, gear, accessories.

Handy sort option for the reviews also.

Like the look of Journey Of The Gods. It gets a 9/10 on this site.

Found Journey of the Gods a bit "lite" if you know what I mean .. perhaps I didn't play it long enough but it didn't seem to me to have too much depth.

Im definitely ruling out the quest pro due to complaints about comfort. Quest 3 main aim should be on comfort over power.

oh really? Haven't heard anything bad about the comfort, got any links?

• Advertisement

and I thought Wraith Oblivion was scary

The Verge are not impressed with the fit / weight of the pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Can a non-gamer of a gamer son jump in for some advice please?

DS has an Oculus Quest 1 and hes telling me that after this new announcement he can no longer play multiplayer ... can anyone advise please?

Can I get the lowdown (in basic english) of what Oculus not supporting Oculus 1 really means?

Thanks for any help!

I did read that Meta have let devs stop offering Quest 1 support for their games. Which I assume means when support stops and the game is not kept up to date for Quest 1 hardware so then certain features of the game wont be available cross gen so they cant offer multiplayer which makes sense. So your son is correct. My son has a friend with a Quest 1 and they are not able to multiplayer on certain games since junior is on Quest 2. Just the way it is. Slowly studios will stop supporting their games on Quest 1. Is he looking for a Quest 2 for Christmas? If so I would wait for black Friday.

• Advertisement

They are banning kids from joining multiplayer games. Not just on the quest 1 but all devices.

My son used my facebook then moved to meta so has his age set to 41 so he hasn't been banned (hes 12). Im curious how they determine that a child using an account set to 13+ age gets banned. Mrcheez's video above could have been recorded in several different games. It is a bit of a head melt at times.

I would take their review with a pinch of salt... lots of criticism of it on reddit from people who actually OWN a Quest Pro and regard it as the most comfortable they've ever used.

The Verge also reviewed another headset a year or so ago, giving it high marks when all others gave it low marks.

Thanks Guys! Thats very disappointing as he doesn't have it that long - maybe a year and a half .. and I'm guessing it will be impossible to sell now too.

I see the Quest 2 going for €359.99 for 128gb on their own site - do you think I would be able to get it for less somewhere on Black Friday?? ... Im going ti be looking for 2 I'm thinking as his brother also wants one

I got my son's last black Friday as they gave away 50 euro free credit with each headset. So worth waiting in my opinion to see what the offer is this year. Also if you get a referral from our referral thread you get another 30 euro on top of that. Referral thread is here:

Any questions on the referral process just let me know.

Edit: Im seeing 450 euro for the 128gb quest 2 on meta.com - can you link me to the price you're seeing if possible?

Oh Crap - it was €359.99 during the week ... guess they've put it back up before Black Friday🙄

In that case I would expect the same offer this year. Beat saber wasnt included free last year either. Between the free beat saber / 30 euro referral / 50 euro free credit its much of a muchness. All you have to do is wait for Black Friday 👍

No 50 euro credit this year but they are throwing in Resident Evil 4 (40 euro game) and Beat Sabre with the 128gb Quest 2 for 400 euro.

Is this the best its going to get do you think? ... Should I jump at it now - have 2 to buy!

I cant be 100% but a further reduction before Christmas is unlikely. If I was buying for Christmas this year Id be getting this offer now.

Edit: I would also be creating meta accounts for the headsets with age set to 18+ just to be sure the RE4 game is playable.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Advertisement
Advertisement