Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2013 & Events list

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Sorted. You also have access to edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Sorted. You also have access to edit.

I do? :confused:

I reckon you'll need to write the dummies guide to help me out :rolleyes:

Cheers though!

Mad. I've dipped into the challenge for a look a few times today. This morning Kurt ranked 2 overall. Im ranked 5. Now, and without updates from either of us, Kurt is 4 and Im 3!

Way to go Solobally8 our lead hoochie!! ...and tied with Kurt in 4th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Mad. I've dipped into the challenge for a look a few times today. This morning Kurt ranked 2 overall. Im ranked 5. Now, and without updates from either of us, Kurt is 4 and Im 3!

I just updated, and brought us both into 3rd! Mad all right:D

Anyway, you can thank my rugrats today for keeping your swim gold. It was either take them to Eddie Rockets, or stay in the pool and overtake "Mikey-no-bikey", and they won;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Woohoo I'm dizzy from scaling such heights :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Color me pink please!!! :D

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Color me pink please!!! :D
    My Pleasure, anytime ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Damn!! where did Herc come out of, thought at least I'd be leading bike after today seeing as thats all I can do at the moment!!! oh well- long bike tomorrow then!!!

Arrrggggghh! Knee injury. Watch my rapid fall to the bottom of the table :(

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Solobally8 wrote: »
    It's a long year. Chill. ;)

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »

Ah yeah I was just excited to be above 30 in the rankings for the first time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Solobally8 wrote: »

I first got into multisport because of a running knee injury- watch your rapid bike and swim km's rack up! Glass half full and all that:)

Oryx wrote: »
    Says her wan who divulged her challenge ambitions to me on a misty mountain recently ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Says her wan who divulged her challenge ambitions to me on a misty mountain recently ;)
    Am I having blackouts???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭griffin100

Wo ho. Finally of the mark for 2013 with a slow 8km run after a week of illness. This is the year I enter a new age group. Let the mid life crisis begin (perhaps the SBR challenge should have AG splits? :))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Can the TriLakes Triathlon club Duathlon series be added to the list please?

http://www.trilakestc.com/events/the-duathlon-series

First race is on 27th January in Castlehackett and it seems like there is a bit of a high noon style showdown being smacktalked up at this race.

All I can say is bring your A game CW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Brewski78

Finally stopped lurking and added myself on, apologies in advance if I've messed anything up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Elvis is in the building.

It will take a while before i start hitting big numbers but it will be nice to keep track of my year totals !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Can the TriLakes Triathlon club Duathlon series be added to the list please?

http://www.trilakestc.com/events/the-duathlon-series

First race is on 27th January in Castlehackett and it seems like there is a bit of a high noon style showdown being smacktalked up at this race.

All I can say is bring your A game CW :)

Hows the weight loss going for you, you wouldn't want to be carrying any excess baggage up that mountain ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

catweazle wrote: »
    Hows the weight loss going for you, you wouldn't want to be carrying any excess baggage up that mountain ;)

It is such a benefit on the downhills, I might hold off on losing any more for now :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

Slow of the mark this year intended to head out with the club yesterday morning but had a late night at work so didn't make it. Easy hour on the turbo instead probably better to ease my self back in, been sick for most of December and long shifts at work meant I haven't been on the bike for 3 weeks. I still reckon I'm fitter than January last year I was still doing a good bit up till the end of November. Intend doing a lot more running this year. Had two good spells last year where I was up to running 6-7k 2-3 times a week when I got sick and had to stop. Could still manage easy spins on the bike but running was to hard on me. Once the bike racing started I didn't run as I was trying to keep my legs fresh for racing. Not going to worry as much about that this year just going to try and get used to running 30mins 3 times a week or so just to have certain amount of base running fitness. If I can string a few weeks together in the pool I might even pop my tri cherry. Will try and do a 6 week spell of lessons at some stage to improve my stroke. Have signed up for an A4 licence this year so the bike is the still the main goal. Hopefully improve enough to score some points in A4 and I should do a lot better in the Club league and place in races not just in TTs and the hill climb. Need to work on my sprint.

This is will be third year of training reasonably consistently but I need to start being more structured with my training and not just getting out and hitting the road when I can. Started out three years ago with the intention of doing triathlons joined the cycling club as an after thought and ended up focusing on the bike almost entirely when I realized how hard it can be to fit in the training for all 3. Long term goal is to try and give triathlon a proper go for a few seasons and see where it brings me. I work evening and weekends and mind my daughters during the day while my wife is at work. One girl is in school now and the other will be in play school next year so I will have a lot more time to train. For this year though I have to learn to love the turbo and use it during the day when I just have one child and just fit in the running when I can. My other main problem is I am a complete night owl so even when I am not working late I stay up all hours so my sleep and recovery do suffer. So earlier to bed and earlier to rise for this year. Not a regular poster but I may even start a log to try and keep me honest and make myself do more sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

I just signed up there and put in figures for last week.

Having finally nailed the sub-3 marathon in 2012 I hope to focus a bit more on the tris again in 2013. Not that you'd know it from the first part of the year as I've entered the Donadea 50k on Feb 16th. After that (or beforehand if the body can't handle the running) the aim is to get back on the bike and into the pool properly with a prospective date with destiny in Kenmare in September.

So, minute amounts of swimming and biking and (hopefully) long running from me for now

Nice one welcome Kentucky Pete et al. 44 on the challenge now, 2 more to beat the record, although far fewer AWOLs last year than usual.

Shell to Run the hoochie to watch this year then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Shell to Run the hoochie to watch this year then :)

Ha ha!! Ya can watch!! London marathon in April and Ironman UK in August, that should keep me busy. Winter training (running) has been going great so right on target with key sessions being nailed. Not overdoing it though. Four runs per week (tempo, hills, long and recovery run). Bike wise, three per week (long, tempo and turbo). Swim, two per week (club session and specific drill session on my own). Back to yoga/pilates next week and doing strength, conditioning and flexibility work at home. When London marathon is behind me I will replace two runs with bike (tempo and recovery runs) and this will be enough for Ironman!!
    Working on three weeks hard training and then a step down week. Happy with weight as I am a stone lighter than I was this time two years ago, (8 1/2).
    Overall I am following the same schedule as I did for 2012 which kept me injury free. I think I did sufficient run and bike to get me through IM. Swim wise I just need to drag myself into the pool more. Also I am very lucky as I have so many fantastic people to train with both from the tri club and athletic club. I make every session purposeful so that I always feel I am working towards my goals. In particular recovery runs, even if I feel like taking off I stick to plan. For my recovery week I do not follow a plan instead I do what I can but within that I make sure that I do one specific bike and run session which is tough and different to my usual sessions i.e. run session might be track session 8x1km. This week I get massage in and do something fun. I think its so important to shake it up and shock the system every now and then otherwise the body does not get challenged. I use this 'recovery' week to spice things up. Anyway best of luck to all new arrivals to SBR, has certainly kept me on my toes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

^^Quality post and makes a lot of sense. Best of luck with London & IMUK.

^^Quality post and makes a lot of sense. Best of luck with London & IMUK.

Ah thanks JB, I will take that as a real compliment from a pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Ah thanks JB, I will take that as a real compliment from a pro.

JBs no pro. Pros finish races, not enter but drop out half way through.......

This thread is too nice, time for some smack talk!!

BTH wrote: »
    JBs no pro. Pros finish races, not enter but drop out half way through.......

You mean like Chris McCormack in Hawaii.....

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

I've been lurking on T/D/A for the last 6 months or so and thought the SBR would be a good way to keep track of myself this year. No huge plans, all mostly in the air at the minute!

Could I be pink please?

• Advertisement

Done! And welcome aboard the challenge. Best of luck with your goals.

New hoochie leader: Shell to Run !!
    New overall leader: BTH !!

First bronze prediction anyone? Will JB get it on his warm weather camp?

Advertisement