Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

I seem to have forgotten to post last week and it wasnt to hides I actually lost..

Wk 1: -1lb
    Wk 2: -2.5lb
    Wk 3: 0
    Wk 4: +3lbs
    Wk 5: -1.5lbs
    Wk 6: -2 lbs

I've tried to be better this week just haven't braved the long walk in the cold and I really love the cold. Just found it hard to get the motivation. onwards and downwards..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I’ve packed it in. Fat Thursday, Valentine’s Day, Pancake Tuesday :o Week 0 next week hopefully :pac:

I maintained this week, which is ok as I haven't had a great week. Thankfully I was unaware of Fat Thursday :D roll on Pancake Tuesday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I maintained this week but have a birthday,valentines and pancake Tuesday over the next few days.
    I'm not even religious but I'm giving up crisps and jellies for lent. The Henry Hippos(Ringers for M&S Percy pigs) from lidl and fizzy worms are my downfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Down half a pound this week, not much but at least it’s something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭DvB

No change for me this week, a little disappointing as I did a fair amount on the exercise bike and cut out the snacks, shows I really need to get out running again.

Week 1 = +5 lbs
    Week 2 = - 2 lbs
    Week 3 = + 1.5 lbs
    Week 4 = - 1.5 lbs
    Week 5 = 0
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Mutleyboo wrote: »
    I seem to have forgotten to post last week and it wasnt to hides I actually lost..

Wk 1: -1lb
    Wk 2: -2.5lb
    Wk 3: 0
    Wk 4: +3lbs
    Wk 5: -1.5lbs
    Wk 6: -2 lbs

I've tried to be better this week just haven't braved the long walk in the cold and I really love the cold. Just found it hard to get the motivation. onwards and downwards..

Great loss in the last two weeks pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Jude13 wrote: »
    Great loss in the last two weeks pal.

Thanks Jude...

hope that toe's on the mend!

Okay, I had take aways, chocolate, and pints again but not to the same extent. I upped my lifting so it kept me level. My toe is fine for running now but not to the extent that I can do legs in the gym (split squats etc)

Week 0: 84.1kg
    Week 1: +1kg/2.2lb
    Week 1: 0kg/0lb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Okay, I had take aways, chocolate, and pints again but not to the same extent. I upped my lifting so it kept me level. My toe is fine for running now but not to the extent that I can do legs in the gym (split squats etc)

Week 0: 84.1kg
    Week 1: +1kg/2.2lb
    Week 1: 0kg/0lb

Good to hear the toe is on the mend Jude.

• Advertisement

Woke up this morning to a knee the size of a balloon, twinged it yesterday but thought it was something minor as I don't remember it suddenly twisting or suchlike & hurting, it started as a little niggle out of nowhere when walking and it got progressively worse, a wee bit concerned at the swelling this morning but reckon I'll just rest it & ice it. I have anti-inflammatories too so will take them as well as the last thing I want to do at the moment is go anywhere near a hospital... home remedies for now & hope its nothing a few days rest wont sort.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Woke up this morning to a knee the size of a balloon, twinged it yesterday but thought it was something minor as I don't remember it suddenly twisting or suchlike & hurting, it started as a little niggle out of nowhere when walking and it got progressively worse, a wee bit concerned at the swelling this morning but reckon I'll just rest it & ice it. I have anti-inflammatories too so will take them as well as the last thing I want to do at the moment is go anywhere near a hospital... home remedies for now & hope its nothing a few days rest wont sort.

Get someone to pop to the chemist and get the pharmacy's version of Nurofen, its extra strong, take 3 a day for 2 days to battle the swelling.

Ice for first 48hours and then heat pack after that to avoid the muscle tightening up. That's what helped my back.

Ah old age. Sounds nasty.

As Loughc has said and after food so your gut survives.

Alternatively amputation.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Alternatively amputation.
    This is a good alternative... especially if you do it just before weigh in day.

Loughc wrote: »

A bit severer however guaranteed to work :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    A bit severer however guaranteed to work :D
    And it brings a whole new meaning to hop on the scales! :D

This genuinely made me laugh out loud!

I did something similar last year during the first lockdown. I had great intentions of doing HIIT sessions in the gaff. Woke up after day 2 and my knee was massive, was limping on it for weeks. I reckon it was the ski hops that did for me. I bought resistance bands then to try something low impact but they took over a month to arrive. Never used them :o

L'Prof, I find the resistance bands are great for low impact, I've a bad knee since I was a teen so try to be careful with it.

Glad to hear the toe is healing Jude!

Thursday, my weigh in day is not going to be great! Had a fast food takeaway last week to celebrate my 2nd dose of the vaccine, then had Indian food split over two days, and today I've been eating delicious, delicious crepes.

Some good news, my Fitbit is showing that my fitness is improving, which is my overall goal. I'm in a new bracket on the cardio fitness level thingy :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Had a fast food takeaway last week to celebrate my 2nd dose of the vaccine
    Well that's a great reason for a takeaway. :D

• Advertisement

Knee was a little uncomfortable out walking yesterday but had warmed up by the end and wasn't noticing it, no swelling after but was a little sore (especially when walking down stairs) last night. Its still a little stiff & could feel it again walking down the stairs this morning so despite the lack of swelling looks like this will need more rest. I'm raging now as I don't even know how I managed to injure it.

I'm raging now as I don't even know how I managed to injure it.

If it makes you feel better I hurt my back by turning too fast on the spot....

If it makes you feel better I hurt my back by turning too fast on the spot....

Its mad how easy you can injure your back, that wouldn't surprise me at all. The weird thing for me is after years of knee trouble I know the kind of movement that puts strains on my knee and leads to niggles so have more or less taught myself to not do it, well reduce it to a minimum anyway, but I genuinely have no idea how I've done this, and the fact it feels like its my kneecap and not deep in the knee is what has me perplexed... looking like rest is the answer for now anyway. With the swelling gone though I'm less concerned its anything more than a minor strain that will work itself out in time.

I hurt my neck brushing my teeth :(

TRS30 wrote: »
    I hurt my neck brushing my teeth :(

I've done it towel drying my hair after a shower... its old age, get used to it :D

Week 0 - Up a nice bit :p

I almost felt bad devouring those pancakes yesterday. Almost. Time to give this another crack. If I could manage to log my food until Paddy’s day I’ll be happy out. I even bought a load of chocolate covered cardboard to keep the cravings at bay

L'prof wrote: »

I almost felt bad devouring those pancakes yesterday. Almost. Time to give this another crack. If I could manage to log my food until Paddy’s day I’ll be happy out. I even bought a load of chocolate covered cardboard to keep the cravings at bay

Yeah I'm starting fresh from Monday, same going to track absolute everything for the next 4 weeks.

Have you tried rice cakes for cravings? :) The gang here recommended them to me when I was struggling with snacking. I like getting the dark choc with orange, and occasionally the choc with mint. There are corn cakes too for when I can't find rice cakes in the shop.

Have you tried rice cakes for cravings? :) The gang here recommended them to me when I was struggling with snacking. I like getting the dark choc with orange, and occasionally the choc with mint. There are corn cakes too for when I can't find rice cakes in the shop.

Yep. That’s the chocolate covered cardboard I was referring to :pac:

• Advertisement

Yep. That’s the chocolate covered cardboard I was referring to :pac:

I had my suspicions but didn't want to assume :D

Advertisement