Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

podge018 wrote: »
    Contacted Ryanair again on facebook messenger yesterday and amazingly received an email today saying my refund is processed. Flight was very early May.
    What did they say to you in the messenger chat? I chased them on the website chatbot yesterday as could do with the money but they said 31 July and no way of speeding that up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

What did they say to you in the messenger chat? I chased them on the website chatbot yesterday as could do with the money but they said 31 July and no way of speeding that up

it was just the automated responses again, asking me to provide booking numbers etc. Seems to have bumped me to top of queue.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I was told they couldn't tell me when I'd get mine, they are doing my head in. might try messenger

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

63 days after cancelling my booking with Virgin Holidays they emailed me a voucher and said if I wanted a refund to automatically apply via an email link.
    Can't reply to email, can't get them on the phone, won't respond to emails..:pac:
    Just gonna have to take a chill pill for a day or so and then cr card chargeback as they said could take 120 days...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Grueller Baby

A flight I was due to take next week had a schedule change of more than 2 hours which allows me to get a refund. Called Aer Lingus yesterday who refunded and said I’d have the money in 3-5 days.

I’m assuming there’s zero chance of having the refund by then?

Two days after the first phone call to them and the money is already in my account.

• Advertisement

I have two outstanding Ryanair bookings - one from mid May (cancelled) and another from mid June (cancelled but I applied for a refund in March due to a significant time change unrelated to Covid). Chased yesterday on the chat bot and got an email today saying that one is processed at least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

7.5 weeks since Ryanair cancelled my flight(July 8th) and 5.5 weeks since aerlingus called my other flight(june 24th)

Waited for 1 hour on the chat for Ryanair the other day and no one answered. Contacted both via DM on twitter - Aerlingus didn't answer me. Ryanair bot said something about a 4 week wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

I received an email yesterday from Ryanair, confirming my flights to Bordeaux on 02/05/2020 have been refunded to my card.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

RubyK wrote: »
    I received an email yesterday from Ryanair, confirming my flights to Bordeaux on 02/05/2020 have been refunded to my card.
    How long were you waiting on the reply from Ryanair? I messaged them yesterday morning and still no email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

How do I get a full refund on a non-refundable flight? (No doubt this has been answered but I'm not going to look through 1276 posts!)

I booked an Aer Lingus flight but they cancelled it and they rebooked me on a different flight. The flight time change is more than two hours, so I think I'm entitled to a full refund.

But their Refund Request Form/ says "Saver, Smart and Plus fares are non-refundable" (and I booked one of these). If I were to fill out this form, would I only get the government taxes/charges back? If that's the case, is there a different form/route I should use? Or will choosing the appropriate "type of refund request" options result in a full refund?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Louche Lad wrote: »
    How do I get a full refund on a non-refundable flight? (No doubt this has been answered but I'm not going to look through 1276 posts!)

I booked an Aer Lingus flight but they cancelled it and they rebooked me on a different flight. The flight time change is more than two hours, so I think I'm entitled to a full refund.

But their Refund Request Form/ says "Saver, Smart and Plus fares are non-refundable" (and I booked one of these). If I were to fill out this form, would I only get the government taxes/charges back? If that's the case, is there a different form/route I should use? Or will choosing the appropriate "type of refund request" options result in a full refund?

A cancelled flight is refundable regardless of ticket type. Not sure of the Are lingus process but you are entitled to full refund

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Louche Lad wrote: »

how long is the flight?

if its > 1500km then its 3hrs

If we are able to offer you re-routing on an alternative flight and the
    arrival time of the re-routed flight does not exceed the scheduled arrival
    time of the flight booked:
    - by two hours, in respect of all flights of 1,500km or less; or
    - by three hours, in respect of all intra-EU flights of more than 1,500km, and for all other flights between 1,500km and 3,500km

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Loveholidays sent me a refund this morning, only for accommodation, still waiting for the flight money which was with Ryanair. Flight was for May 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

A cancelled flight is refundable regardless of ticket type. Not sure of the Are lingus process but you are entitled to full refund
    Lex Luthor wrote: »
    how long is the flight?

if its > 1500km then its 3hrs

If we are able to offer you re-routing on an alternative flight and the
    arrival time of the re-routed flight does not exceed the scheduled arrival
    time of the flight booked:
    - by two hours, in respect of all flights of 1,500km or less; or
    - by three hours, in respect of all intra-EU flights of more than 1,500km, and for all other flights between 1,500km and 3,500km

Thanks both. Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm entitled to a full refund (for the record, my flight time was changed from 12.45 pm to 7am).

Anyone been through the Aer Lingus full refund process and can advise which form or whatever other processes I need to use? (I have of course tried ringing them several times but they never answer).

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

Hi all.
    Waiting on a refund for a Ryanair return flight from end of April. Thought all April flights were to be refunded by yesterday the 15th or am i being naive? Could really do with the cash ! Is their anything i can do to help speed up the process?
    Thank you

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    How long were you waiting on the reply from Ryanair? I messaged them yesterday morning and still no email.

I sent them a message on fb on 09/07, and I got this automated reply "Thanks, we're processing all claims in the coming weeks - and will be in touch soon.

There's quite a backlog given the unprecedented number of cancellations due to Covid-19, so we ask for you to bear with us and thank you for your patience"

I received an email 14/07 confirming a refund within 5-7 days, checked my online banking yesterday, and saw the full amount had come through.

Hope you get sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

RubyK wrote: »
    I sent them a message on fb on 09/07, and I got this automated reply "Thanks, we're processing all claims in the coming weeks - and will be in touch soon.

There's quite a backlog given the unprecedented number of cancellations due to Covid-19, so we ask for you to bear with us and thank you for your patience"

I received an email 14/07 confirming a refund within 5-7 days, checked my online banking yesterday, and saw the full amount had come through.

Hope you get sorted!

What date were your flights? And what email address did you send it to ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Chargeback with Revolut for a ryanair flight finally completed, took 45 working days so essentially 2 ,onths (was submitted on 18 May)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm still waiting on a refund for one of the flights I bought the Latvian mother and child - they were due to fly March 19th.
    The voucher was issued in the passenger's name, but they keep saying refunds will be to the card that paid.

US2 wrote: »
    What date were your flights? And what email address did you send it to ?

Flights were 5th May. I sent them a facebook message, and they sent me the confirmation of refund, via email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

My Ryanair flights were cancelled 18th May for travel end of June.
    Requested refund 19th May and got notification that it would be processed in 20 days.

On to the chat twice and on Friday 3rd was told another 6 weeks . Told them I was going to request a charge back with AIB.
    Rang AIB on the 3rd
    Send the following details via email to AIB on 8th

Thankfully got a charge back refund last night.

What I sent to AIB :
    booking details
    copy of Visa transactions from online statement
    confirmation of cancellation
    refund request
    Ryanair confirmation that refund would be processed in 20 days
    I also enclosed transcripts of the 2 chats where after 38 working days that they were telling me another 6-8 weeks

They also needed a signed letter with the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,005 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

CH3OH wrote: »
    My Ryanair flights were cancelled 18th May for travel end of June.
    Requested refund 19th May and got notification that it would be processed in 20 days.

Believing any timeline from Ryanair was your first mistake. I don't think anyone on this thread got a refund in anything like that timeline, in my case it was 107 days.

Beware Ryanair can dispute a chargeback

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Jesus you were lucky! I had to post mine to AIB, did so in June, rang and was told they received them 30th! (even thought I handed them in branch)!. Then was told this week they’d 6000 applications and I’d be waiting 60 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Telly wrote: »
    Got my Aer Lingus refund for flights the end of April. Just waiting on my Ryanair ones which they said would be refunded the end of this month.

Got my Ryanair refund this morning from them. Fights were 10th May.

Telly wrote: »
    Got my Ryanair refund this morning from them. Fights were 10th May.

I got 17 May today too. They must be going by date - I've flights in June which were changed much earlier but still nothing on that one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

spurious wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on a refund for one of the flights I bought the Latvian mother and child - they were due to fly March 19th.
    The voucher was issued in the passenger's name, but they keep saying refunds will be to the card that paid.

And as if by magic, I got an email today offering the chance to apply for a refund in my name, not the passenger's.
    Not really that bothered about the delay. At least the money will be coming back to me (eventually).
    On the 5th attempt, finally got Latvian mother and child home on the 2nd July.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Chijj

Hi All,

Hoping for some guidance, I have paid in full for a trip to USA in September, the travel Agent has advised that I cannot change the dates for the hotel but can change the dates of the flights.

If the travel advice is to avoid non essential travel will I have a right to a full refund ?

Am I in a position to request one now ?

Apologies for the questions but the travel Agency has been very poor in responses being very vague, just looking for some clarity.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

the only way you are entitled to a refund is if they cancel or reschedule the flight more than 3hrs

Might give Aer Lingus a ring expedite my request.

Does anybody know whats the best number to call them on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Might give Aer Lingus a ring expedite my request.

Does anybody know whats the best number to call them on?

01 7617835.....option 4......took me 25 minutes but finally got through and got refunded.

Advertisement