Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

Hello friends,

I had processed a charge back with my bank TSB for Vueling for two cancelled flights as they had only offered me vouchers.

Permanent TSB gave me my money back on 12/06/2020 but it has been taken back again as Vueling are disputing it. 
    Vueling  are claiming " The flight has been cancelled due to COVID - 19 air traffic restrictions. Voucher sent to customer on 13/05/2020.

The customer accepted the "conditions of carriage" at the moment of the purchase, so he is aware that our fairs are non refundable"
    This is clearly nonsense. My best bet is to revert back to TSB attaching EU261 Article 8 1 A.  stating that I am entitled to my cash refund? 

I feel like William Wallace in Braveheart, I am gonna pick a fight. 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

dashoonage wrote: »
    So chatbotted the **** out of it this morning. Only waiting 3 minutes to get a bot. Bot tells me i accepted a voucher and no refund is outstanding. I never accepted any voucher!!!! so now its gone in for a cash refund and will take eleventy million months for it to process.

I applied for the cash refund on the 9th of April . sigh....

And just like that i got a paypal notification of a refund from Ryanair today...

I'm not saying it isnt a coincidence, but if it smells like a giraffe and looks like a giraffe its clearly not a duck.

I feel bad for giving out to the bot now :P

Dear Sir,

The claims by Vueling in this dispute are spurious in the extreme.

The flight was cancelled by Vueling airlines; they offered me vouchers, which are not acceptable, as I will not be returning to Spain in the next twelve months.

I am under no legal entitlement to accept these vouchers.

Under European Union law (EU261 Article 8 1 A) I am entitled to a full cash refund as the flight was cancelled by Vueling.

EU261 Article expressly states “(a) — reimbursement within seven days, by the means provided for in Article”.

For your reference I attach the full regulation.

I look forward to having the funds returned to my account.

Kind regards,

Fight, fight, fight, fight.

Miserable bastardos putting you through this for two forty Euro flights.

Just looking at my excel tracker of refunds, I have got € 886.07 in flights and concert tickets refunded to me but I am still outstanding € 207.55, all flights.

This has been a long road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

Vueling  are claiming " The flight has been cancelled due to COVID - 19 air traffic restrictions.

This is exactly my concern. PTSB will give me the money back, they'll contact Air Canada, and they'll say 'Covid-19 don't ya know?' and that'll be it, the money will be taken from me again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

dashoonage wrote: »
    And just like that i got a paypal notification of a refund from Ryanair today...

I'm not saying it isnt a coincidence, but if it smells like a giraffe and looks like a giraffe its clearly not a duck.

I feel bad for giving out to the bot now :P

:D:D

Exactly the same here. Posted on this thread earlier.
    Emailed Ryanair saying I would be initiating a chargeback and 2 hours later I got an email from PayPal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Long time since I posted to this thread.
    I've received my US flight cost back minus a €50 admin fee.
    I told them beforehand I expected full refund as they failed to deliver their end.
    Long story short, I asked them to confirm company registered details as I was raising a SCC and they are refunding the €50.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Long time since I posted to this thread.
    I've received my US flight cost back minus a €50 admin fee.
    I told them beforehand I expected full refund as they failed to deliver their end.
    Long story short, I asked them to confirm company registered details as I was raising a SCC and they are refunding the €50.

Sorry for not reading back, but was this with a US airline? Asking 'cos I'm fighting with Air Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Does anyone have a number that I can speak to a human on for Ryanair?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

jasonb wrote: »
    Sorry for not reading back, but was this with a US airline? Asking 'cos I'm fighting with Air Canada.

No, it was eTravel/eFlights here in Ireland I booked through, they demanded a €50 Admin Fee after the flight I booked with them was cancelled by the airline

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

slave1 wrote: »
    No, it was eTravel/eFlights here in Ireland I booked through, they demanded a €50 Admin Fee after the flight I booked with them was cancelled by the airline

Damn. I just came on to ask the same thing. I booked through Trip.com and just now got an email that a flight for tomorrow has been cancelled. Guess I'm not going to get anything back. Do you know is it €50 per person? I booked for a lot of people so would be worth my while if it were only €50 total, but not if it's €50 per person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I have got both refunds from ryanair now for April 11 and 27th. Just waiting on my flights from end of May but they seem to be getting through them quickly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Finally got my refund for April 10 flight.
    Had the accommodation booked through Booking.com and was able to cancel without any charge so all good.

We had a flight booked for yesterday 11 July which we used for to book a flight in Sept, who knows what will happen by then.

We did lose a 350 deposit for the accommodation in July. The booking company said they would transfer it initially to next year but then got back to us and said Spain was open and as we weren’t travelling tough luck.
    We won’t be using them again.

Anyway, big shout out to Paddy for all the advise he gave out, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

lensman wrote: »
    Got this from Click & Go yesterday, they have repeatedly ignored my request for cash refund even though I quoted EU law & the commissioners recent comments that the law must be followed & she would sue countries who allow companies to flout this, Shame Ross is the minister who sanctioned this voucher scheme but last Friday on radio he said companies must hurry up & refund cash if requested....2 faced F**ker....I have been checking sept 2020 in corfu since last Nov with C&G & TUI, TUI prices have remained stable but C&G have added almost €400 to the price since covid struck.... they are seeking go fleece people who except vouchers, The EU commissioner also states that vouchers should be transferable to other travel companies which they are not.

Please find attached a Refund Credit Note for part of your recent holiday cancelled as result of COVID-19.

On May 8th, the Government announced a special State-Guaranteed Refund Credit Note for holidays impacted by COVID-19. The Refund Credit Note safeguards your money and allows Click&Go the time required to reclaim your money from the various suppliers. On June 19th, the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport made the necessary legal provisions "The Refund Credit Note has been established by the Transport (Tour Operators and Travel Agents) Act 1982 (Disbursements from Fund) Regulations 2020 (Statutory Instrument 218 of 2020)".

Your Refund Credit Note is being issued in 2 parts, this part, part 1 covers all the non-flight elements as we have not yet received the credit back from the airline for your flights.

As soon as we have the credit back for your flights we will issue you a 2nd Refund Credit Note, the 2 combined should equal the full value of your holiday excluding travel insurance if purchased.

Our apologies that we have to issue the Refund Credit Note in 2 parts but credits from airlines are badly delayed and we do not want to delay the refund process any further.

This Refund Credit Note covers the following:

It is valid for 24 months from the date of issue
    You can use it to book another holiday with Click&Go for travel in 2020, 2021 or 2022
    You can use it for a number of bookings
    The people named on the original booking do NOT need to be on the new booking, so you can transfer it
    The Refund Credit Note is State-Guaranteed
    If you don't use in 9 months, you can get your cash back
    To redeem your Refund Credit Note and to book your new holiday please email clickandgorefunds@clickandgo.com requesting a call back and one of our sales team will be in touch within 24hours

Yours sincerely,

The Refunds Department

Click&Go

Click&Go have been particularly poor to deal with. Had a family holiday planned in April - all booked with Click& Go with Aer Lingus as their carrier. Holiday didn't happen and mid March received a direct email from Aer Lingus offering us a choice to change flights or apply for full refund. Completed form for the refund and sent all the details to Click&Go as funds would be returned to their account directly. Got no reply from Click&Go. Over the course of late March, April and May I put 6 separate phone calls into them and resent the evidence of the Aer Lingus refund three times. I could never get a clear answer back their agents on the process to receiving our refund and just received placeholding stock emails.

After no success we eventually applied via our bank for a chargeback start of June. Late June received similar email to above offering part 1 of 2 voucher for accommodation but still nothing on flights. Thankfully the chargeback via the bank completed last week so we have our full funds back!

No further update since from Click&Go. I would never use them again to book a holiday. To date I never received a returned call and never received a direct reply to my queries. I fully expect there to be a further hurdle down the road as I understand they can still dispute the chargeback - just not sure what that timeframe is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Ryanair on the chat bot now are saying 31 July for all refunds - decided I'd chase them after seeing a few on here feel their refunds were speeded up after doing so

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Got my Aer Lingus refund for flights the end of April. Just waiting on my Ryanair ones which they said would be refunded the end of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Grueller Baby

A flight I was due to take next week had a schedule change of more than 2 hours which allows me to get a refund. Called Aer Lingus yesterday who refunded and said I’d have the money in 3-5 days.

I’m assuming there’s zero chance of having the refund by then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

I made a complaint to the Irish aviation regulator a few moths ago for a cancelled Ryanair flight on April 1st.

Got this response from Ryanair today
    We refer to the correspondence from the Irish NEB, regarding a claim on your behalf.

We wish to refund the travel voucher issued on 18/04/2020, for the cancel flights under the booking reference XXXX.

Irish NEB is the aviation regulator i presume. I wonder would i still be waiting without this intervention?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Happened to me with Ryanair in early March (before the lockdown). Immediately after lockdown I realised I wouldn't be going so used the time change to apply for a refund. Still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

A flight I was due to take next week had a schedule change of more than 2 hours which allows me to get a refund. Called Aer Lingus yesterday who refunded and said I’d have the money in 3-5 days.

I’m assuming there’s zero chance of having the refund by then?

Called aer Lingus on Friday after my flights on the 1st of August was cancelled, got through to call centre who organised a full refund of the €1100 there and then. Was credited back to my credit card this morning. Still waiting for my Ryanair refund from March.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Still waiting from 29th March

Still waiting since 18 March!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

limabromac wrote: »
    If you wanted to go down the road of a pie chart my predictions would be ...

40% still waiting for refund
    25% chargebacks
    15% cash refund from airline (mainly march travellers)
    15% claimed voucher
    3% flight rights
    2% small claims court

Cash refunds received for 6th April, 12th April and 25th April flights

Well, I just got my money back from PTSB with chargeback, so thanks to everyone for recommending that I try that route again.

Now to wait and see if Air Canada dispute it and PTSB take my money back again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭ratracer

ratracer wrote: »
    I’ve had a few DM’s with A/L on twitter over the last month or so for my refund for flights on 3rd July. I had received cancellation notice in mid June and applied for refund.

Sent a follow up this morning and have been told the refund has now been processed and should be back on my card in 5 working days, so hopefully that will be that! Will post again when I see the cash!

Received full refund into my account this morning. Flights were 2-14 July, Shannon - Barcelona. So that’s the last of my holiday refunds outstanding. Everything has been fully reimbursed , let the 2021 holiday plans ( hopefully ) begin!!

Thanks to some great posters in here for solid advice along the way, hope everyone gets sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

Well, I just got my money back from PTSB with chargeback, so thanks to everyone for recommending that I try that route again.

Now to wait and see if Air Canada dispute it and PTSB take my money back again!

I got a refund from PTSB for 2K and then KLM disputed it but PTSB only took back half of it for some reason, hope you get to keep it

keng66 wrote: »
    I got a refund from PTSB for 2K and then KLM disputed it but PTSB only took back half of it for some reason, hope you get to keep it

Am very curious to know if the Airline has to *prove* that they have a case, or if they just say 'no, we're not paying' and that's good enough for the Bank to take back the money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Wuff Wuff wrote: »

Won't they just be able to check security footage of the last person to enter before the person who found the note? Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

Am very curious to know if the Airline has to *prove* that they have a case, or if they just say 'no, we're not paying' and that's good enough for the Bank to take back the money?

When I was on to them, they told me that the company had 1 month to dispute the claim but did not have to give a reason

keng66 wrote: »
    When I was on to them, they told me that the company had 1 month to dispute the claim but did not have to give a reason

Great, so basically the chargeback is useless if the Airline chooses to say no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Contacted Ryanair again on facebook messenger yesterday and amazingly received an email today saying my refund is processed. Flight was very early May.

Advertisement