Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,158 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Massive changes at Ubisoft in the wake of the various allegations about different staff members in recent weeks. The company’s chief creative officer and several other senior executives have just resigned / stepped down. Head of HR also gone.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1282088950341959681?s=21

Little bit of context here (latest detailed allegations emerged from a French-language report): https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-07-11-new-report-on-ubisoft-reveals-more-shocking-sexual-harassment-allegations

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Jesus, that does not make pleasant reading. What a horrible place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Seems everybody these days is some sort of rapist... the **** is up with the world :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Palle Hoffstein and his doxing attempts went ignored though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This guy has the whole story on Ubisoft, makes me hate the company even more:

https://twitter.com/icotom/status/1281721973312233472

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

nix wrote: »
    Seems everybody these days is some sort of rapist... the **** is up with the world :confused:

A significant amount of higher ups in companies are sociopaths. This was always the case unfortunately, it's just that it's now reported much more often due to the social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ubisoft have tweeted that because tonight's event is all pre-recorded material, it won't feature any comment on whats been happening.

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/1282329452098342913?s=19

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,158 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sure why would you let the biggest thing to happen in your company in forever get in the way of some AAA video game ads?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Such a mealy mouthed, kinda cowardly response. As if it would take long to put together a corporate mea culpa, but presumably there are enough lawyers lurking around to make the situation "fluid". Not like any public pronouncement could be any worse than the "tough, E-Sports moment" blather from Activision.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If like me you are looking forward to Halo 3 on PC tomorrow it's not unlocking until 4am wednesday morning unfortunately :( Stupid american's ruining everything.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If like me you are looking forward to Halo 3 on PC tomorrow it's not unlocking until 4am wednesday morning unfortunately :( Stupid american's ruining everything.

Halo 2 on PC is a looker

Playing with mouse and keyboard changes the feel of the game completely IMO

100+ FPS helps too :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Halo 2 on PC is a looker

Playing with mouse and keyboard changes the feel of the game completely IMO

100+ FPS helps too :D

Pity that it reaffirmed to me that the Halo 2 campaign is a pile of poo.

Halo 3 should also be dropping with a patch for Halo Reach to fix the sound. Found the sound was so bad it ruined the game so will be good to go back to that with it fixed so 4am wednesday morning is a twofer for me :)

Looking forward to Halo 3 as I've not gone back to it since the 360 release and remember enjoying it other than.... that level. It was 30 FPS and near Standard Definition resolution on 360 so will be nice to play it 1440p or in 3440 ultra wide 60 FPS.

Pity that it reaffirmed to me that the Halo 2 campaign is a pile of poo.

Halo 3 should also be dropping with a patch for Halo Reach to fix the sound. Found the sound was so bad it ruined the game so will be good to go back to that with it fixed so 4am wednesday morning is a twofer for me :)

Looking forward to Halo 3 as I've not gone back to it since the 360 release and remember enjoying it other than.... that level. It was 30 FPS and near Standard Definition resolution on 360 so will be nice to play it 1440p or in 3440 ultra wide 60 FPS.

Bit Harsh

Outskirts, Metropolis, Delta Halo & Quarantine Zone are all brilliant Halo levels IMO

I do admit there are some bad levels also. Some of the arbiter levels kind of suck.
    Oh and **** them snipers.

There are some good levels but about 2 thirds of them suck especially towards the end of the game. I never really did enjoy the Halo 2 campaign even though it starts quite strong. Playing it again and its very obvious how rushed the game was and the story is awful.

Either I read it wrong or it's changed in the mean time but Halo 3 unlocks at 6pm today.

Either I read it wrong or it's changed in the mean time but Halo 3 unlocks at 6pm today.

Nice Article from RPS here on Halo 3

I agree, after 3 the games have never been the same since Microsoft purchased it off Bungie

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/07/14/halo-3-made-me-realise-theres-only-really-one-halo-game-and-its-all-of-them/

Don't you mean after Reach? Thought Reach was fantastic despite the dodgy story. The gunplay and AI has never been better in the series.

Really didn't gel with Halo 4 and 5.

Don't you mean after Reach? Thought Reach was fantastic despite the dodgy story. The gunplay and AI has never been better in the series.

Really didn't gel with Halo 4 and 5.

Sorry might not have explained fully. Reach, Halo 1, 2 & 3 are all Bungie titles and I enjoyed them all.

I mean specifically Halo 4 & 5 I don't like.

343 (Microsoft) made a balls of the franchise.

Halo 5 is the worst Halo game by far. It's not even a Halo game in my eyes.
    It's an appeasement to the masses of run of the mill shooters and lost it's own identity in the process and completely tore up what made the original games great.

They have a huge task on their hands to redeem themselves with Halo Infinite. Game-play Revealed next week I think.

Well Halo 4 annoyed me with those boring teleporting enemies. It just wasn't fun and I can't remember anything from in except one level where you were on a load of moving platforms. I only remembered that because the level design was Library levels of monotonous. I actually gave Halo 5 a go recently as I realised I owned it years and not played it. It was 60 FPS.... and that's about where the good stops. I played it twice and I couldn't tell you what was happening in it as I cared so little. Something about MC having wet dreams about Cortana. I don't fell I'm missing anything by not finishing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Well Halo 4 annoyed me with those boring teleporting enemies. It just wasn't fun and I can't remember anything from in except one level where you were on a load of moving platforms. I only remembered that because the level design was Library levels of monotonous. I actually gave Halo 5 a go recently as I realised I owned it years and not played it. It was 60 FPS.... and that's about where the good stops. I played it twice and I couldn't tell you what was happening in it as I cared so little. Something about MC having wet dreams about Cortana. I don't fell I'm missing anything by not finishing it.

Let me introduce you to Destiny 2's Vex Minotaurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Let me introduce you to Destiny 2's Vex Minotaurs.

Don't forget those Fallen Captains

• Registered Users Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

"OH HAI, WANT SOME BLIND"

All while screaming at you like a triggered ex girlfriend.

I really loved that game. Hopefully it fast tracks the greenlighting if a sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Never forget how Capcom gutted the original vision for the 1st game. My friend messaged me and said they were genuinely depressed seeing Netflix touch one of their favorite games like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Taken thrall want a word

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Never forget how Capcom gutted the original vision for the 1st game. My friend messaged me and said they were genuinely depressed seeing Netflix touch one of their favorite games like this.

What are you spouting now, it was Hideaki Itsuno vision and he still says it is his proudest achievement in his long career even if he could not include everything his team wanted in the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Xenji wrote: »
    What are you spouting now, it was Hideaki Itsuno vision and he still says it is his proudest achievement in his long career even if he could not include everything his team wanted in the original.

It's still a great game but it really is a shame how much was cut

https://imgur.com/a/h4nMo

and especially since it was only cut to fund Inafune's garbage. They absolutely deserve a second chance now that he's no longer dragging them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sieghardt wrote: »
    It's still a great game but it really is a shame how much was cut

https://imgur.com/a/h4nMo

and especially since it was only cut to fund Inafune's garbage. They absolutely deserve a second chance now that he's no longer dragging them down.

I think Itsuno was in the belief that there was always going to be a sequel given Capcoms love of a series and being the good company man did not put up much of a fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Why is that image in english?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement