Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

Modded G-Shock DW-5600E
    496317.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

The Sinn gets a run out today on the way to my brother's wedding.

496389.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

hitemfrank wrote: »
    The Sinn gets a run out today on the way to my brother's wedding.

Lovely watch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

Looks like my nephews won’t have to fight over the watch collection.....

Shoulda of had the speedy with me as my only Chrono to time contractions. Just about managed with the Stowa....

7226-F236-95-CA-4-AD3-ABC3-F5661-B97-D238.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭micks_address

Congratulations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Congrats 893bet, healthy and hale looking little chap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Congratulations that man!
    Best wishes to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

Congrats all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

also have a new arrival due, :-) , first purchase in a while... bought online directly, just waiting for it now, hopefully pic link works

Baltic-Blue-three-hander.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Any excuse to show off a watch has gone to a new low....:D

Congrats 893bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

893bet wrote: »
    Looks like my nephews won’t have to fight over the watch collection.....

Shoulda of had the speedy with me as my only Chrono to time contractions. Just about managed with the Stowa....

Beautiful...life changing, but its wonderful

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Congrats 893bet.

Daily driver, my Damasko DA 44
    496637.jpg

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

mad m wrote: »
    Any excuse to show off a watch has gone to a new low....:D

Congrats 893bet

eh fair enough :-) sorry!
    congrats to 893 of course

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Me new 'Zilla

IMG-20191204-215747708.jpg

I thought it'd be too big and heavy but the weight and bulk actually disappear once on the wrist.

Thats a discreet little number ;)

TedR wrote: »
    Thats a discreet little number ;)

Yep. The kids in Rang 1 are gonna love it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

fat bloke wrote: »
    but the weight and bulk actually disappear once on the wrist.
    hmmm not so sure about that:D:pac::pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Probably a bit marmite - I wasn't mad on these for a long while, but I've come around. I've a couple of straps from Martu en-route to try it on

49171059857_7b4bb72db3_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Eoin wrote: »
    Probably a bit marmite - I wasn't mad on these for a long while, but I've come around. I've a couple of straps from Martu en-route to try it on

Well wear, a beautiful watch. I'm a big fan of Panerai styling but find them just a little too wieldy for my wrist. Being a bit of a klutz I tend to stick to a 12-13mm height maximum to help avoid knocking and banging the case and crystal off everything.

Is it on the rubber or leather strap?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

njburke wrote: »
    Unkel, I got it straight from the tisell Korean shop. It was in stock and took just over a week to get here. It came straight to the door it wasn't stopped for customs. I've been wearing it ever since, it's lost 15 seconds in 10 days.

Got it this morning, 10 days after ordering. Direct to my door too, even though the value was properly and clearly declared on the box. Maybe customs are concentrating on China / Hong Kong and perhaps Japan, but not paying much attention to anything else from the far east?

Anyway, very impressed with this watch. Looks and feels finished to a high standard (my horrific photographic skills don't do it justice :p), fits perfectly with the easily adjustable glide lock clasp. My main beef with steel bracelets is that you usually can't adjust them quickly which is a pain when your wrist seems to be changing size not just with the seasons, but even within a day. A flexible length bracelet obviously makes that problem disappear

496896.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

eljono wrote: »
    Well wear, a beautiful watch. I'm a big fan of Panerai styling but find them just a little too wieldy for my wrist. Being a bit of a klutz I tend to stick to a 12-13mm height maximum to help avoid knocking and banging the case and crystal off everything.

Is it on the rubber or leather strap?

I'd gotten used to the 40mm watch I usually wear, so it definitely wears bigger than I am used to. But the lugs are still well short of the edges of my wrist, so it doesn't feel oversized as such.

It came with 2 leather straps - I find it hard to get on with rubber straps, so might hold off getting one.

hmmm not so sure about that:D:pac::pac:

I was surprised myself. I only bought it last night and I approached the proposed trade transaction with a degree of apprehension. Even taking it out of the box I thought, cripes she's a heavy beascht. But then I put it on my wrist and the decision was made. I don't feel it on my wrist at all. It seems to disappear in a similar manner to a g-shock. Perhaps it's the rubber strap. I haven't worn a rubber strap watch in 5 years or more.
    It does help that I only really wear a shirt or suit when someone dies or gets married so the thickness isn't a clothing issue. I tend to put a watch on and leave it there for months, never taking it off and this is behaving impeccably on that front so far. Citizen were never really on my radar as a manufacturer, but I must say the build quality on this watch is impressive. I hope the black coating stands up to daily-beater treatment and stays put and doesn't wear or chip off..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Eoin wrote: »
    I'd gotten used to the 40mm watch I usually wear, so it definitely wears bigger than I am used to. But the lugs are still well short of the edges of my wrist, so it doesn't feel oversized as such.

It came with 2 leather straps - I find it hard to get on with rubber straps, so might hold off getting one.

Enjoy, she's a beauty.

EDIT: I once went to a job interview where the guy interviewing me was wearing a Panerai. Seeing that made me more comfortable knowing that he was a "watch guy"!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭micks_address

would you provide details on ordering/cost?
    unkel wrote: »
    Got it this morning, 10 days after ordering. Direct to
    my door too, even though the value was properly and clearly declared on the box. Maybe customs are concentrating on China / Hong Kong and perhaps Japan, but not paying much attention to anything else from the far east?

Anyway, very impressed with this watch. Looks and feels finished to a high standard (my horrific photographic skills don't do it justice :p), fits perfectly with the easily adjustable glide lock clasp. My main beef with steel bracelets is that you usually can't adjust them quickly which is a pain when your wrist seems to be changing size not just with the seasons, but even within a day. A flexible length bracelet obviously makes that problem disappear

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Got it this morning, 10 days after ordering. Direct to my door too, even though the value was properly and clearly declared on the box. Maybe customs are concentrating on China / Hong Kong and perhaps Japan, but not paying much attention to anything else from the far east?

Now that is lovely. Well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

That's lovely unkel I've been tempted to order a Flieger B dial from them for a long time.

9015-40b-1.jpg

http://shop2.tisellkr.cafe24.com/product/tisell-9015-ex-miyota-90s5-automatic-bgw9/40/?cate_no=1&display_group=2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

fat bloke wrote: »
    I was surprised myself. I only bought it last night and I approached the proposed trade transaction with a degree of apprehension. Even taking it out of the box I thought, cripes she's a heavy beascht. But then I put it on my wrist and the decision was made. I don't feel it on my wrist at all. It seems to disappear in a similar manner to a g-shock. Perhaps it's the rubber strap. I haven't worn a rubber strap watch in 5 years or more.
    It does help that I only really wear a shirt or suit when someone dies or gets married so the thickness isn't a clothing issue. I tend to put a watch on and leave it there for months, never taking it off and this is behaving impeccably on that front so far. Citizen were never really on my radar as a manufacturer, but I must say the build quality on this watch is impressive. I hope the black coating stands up to daily-beater treatment and stays put and doesn't wear or chip off..

Joking aside , it is a nice watch. For something that size I'd defintely need to try on first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Tisell Korean store is the link to the manufacturers site. The 905ex is $220 including shipping.
    I have two from Mr Oh, this one and another, the vintage submersible.

The man at work or good marketing.

496910.jpg

Got it this morning,
    I was going to post to see if it had arrived, unscathed by customs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This arrived yesterday. A Soviet era manual wind. Start is the brand, or Ctapt, and the watch is likely from sometime in the 50's. Measuring 36mm across without the crown, it fits my small wrist quite well. It's currently sitting on a black leather strap. I tend to hate leather straps so I'm trying to decide what to replace it with.

Keeping time fine enough, but I've only had it 12 hours, so let's see!

496981.jpg

Oh, and that's not lume... just green paint on the hands! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement