Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

496983.jpg

I don't normally wear this but it's the work Christmas party tonight and so I wanted something that would sit comfortably under a shirt cuff. I normally wear a watch that's on the larger side and have forgotten just how small it is at 37mm. For me it looks lost on the wrist. However it's nice to have it on again and it's perfect for the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭RMDrive

SNIP as per thread title

I don't normally wear this but it's the work Christmas party tonight and so I wanted something that would suit comfortably under a shirt cuff. I normally wear a watch that's on the larger side and have forgotten just how small it is at 37mm. For me it looks lost on the wrist. However it's nice to have it on again and it's perfect for the occasion.

It's all realtive though right? Give that a few weeks wrist time and when you go back to the larger one, it'll seem ridiculous.

The lesson I've learned is that no watch is actually as big looking, or smalling looking as you might think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

This arrived yesterday. A Soviet era manual wind. Start is the brand, or Ctapt, and the watch is likely from sometime in the 50's....
    If you pop the back off, the movements in these are usually stamped with the quarter and year of manufacture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Got me one of these... it’s nice

497016.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Very much a Moon Watch vibe from it!
    Well wear :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Have both that an a Speedmaster Professional, next stop a Seiko Pogue. That Bulova has kept the best time of any watch I've known.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Birneybau wrote: »
    Have both that an a Speedmaster Professional, next stop a Seiko Pogue. That Bulova has kept the best time of any watch I've known.

Love all of those! My tame horologist restored a Pogue recently, and sold it for a very strong proceed, no problem.

Very popular at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Seeing the 5 earlier prompted me to wear 1 of my 2. Need to wear more often!!! Does anyone hear get attached to a watch? Have one from a divorce and marriage!!!!!

Speaking of Pogues, I've got one of these:
    s-l225.jpg

It is a Sorna automatic chrono. Swiss made, but in a supreme irony, it is a copy of a Seiko Pogue.

It runs an EB8420 pin pallet chrono movement, which was the cheapest, roughest mechanical chrono movement from the 60s.

Unfortunately, the movement is borked, but I'm keeping an eye out for a cheap donor to bring it back to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Mine are for my children. Might have one more big splash later on in life for a job or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

IMG-20191211-101856-468.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

banie01 wrote: »
    Very much a Moon Watch vibe from it!
    Well wear :)

It is a moonwatch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Eff it. After 13 years drooling over it I have gone and ordered it.

https://www.watches-of-switzerland.co.uk/Jaeger+LeCoultre-Reverso-Q3848420/p/17631295/

I will more than likely wake up screaming during the night with buyer's remorse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have been torn between that exact watch and a cartier tank for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

It is a moonwatch :)

Semantics :P
    But yeah, and tbh there are a couple of the Bulova lunar models that I prefer to the Omega.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

https://www.watches-of-switzerland.co.uk/Jaeger+LeCoultre-Reverso-Q3848420/p/17631295/

I will more than likely wake up screaming during the night with buyer's remorse.

JLC are one of those brands that have a lot of models that I like.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I found the right strap for my start watch. Too large, but with a squeeze it fits

497404.jpg

This arrived today:

497470.jpg

Cienciano wrote: »
    This arrived today:

That is a worthy addition to any collection.

Well wear.

Full review in progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Lorddrakul wrote: »

Well wear.

Full review in progress?

It's up on adverts already, so that review might be very short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

That JLC is a beauty. You've done the right thing !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

That JLC is a beauty. You've done the right thing !

I am eyeing a JLC at the minute myself.

Lorddrakul wrote: »

Well wear.

Full review in progress?
    hitemfrank wrote: »
    It's up on adverts already, so that review might be very short.
    Yeah, it's up for sale already! It's nice, but not exactly what I wanted. I prefer the cocktail time, and I prefer the date window. I just happened to get a good deal on it. I'll wear it for the moment. But first Presage watch I had, really like the quality.

I made a bollocks of embedding the photo, it didn't even upload right

https://i.imgur.com/pkHkUqZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Cienciano wrote: »
    Yeah, it's up for sale already! It's nice, but not exactly what I wanted. I prefer the cocktail time, and I prefer the date window. I just happened to get a good deal on it. I'll wear it for the moment. But first Presage watch I had, really like the quality.

The dial is a touch busy for me. I like the idea of the power reserve but I'm not much of a fan of the execution of it.

Good luck with the sale.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    The dial is a touch busy for me. I like the idea of the power reserve but I'm not much of a fan of the execution of it.

Good luck with the sale.

Yeah, i agree. I like the idea of a power reserve, but I'd rather not have it to get a cleaner dial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

The stars aligned me for in South Africa last week and I pulled the trigger on my first expensive (to me!) watch. Omega Seamaster Diver 300m.

Between AD Discount and Tax rebate when leaving South Africa, its cost me about 3500 euro. At that price I couldnt leave it behind.

Was worried about the size, but its actually really comfortable to wear and looks simply stunning IMHO. Really pleased with it. The box is a work of art.... :D

Muppet Man

497484.png

497486.png

497487.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Very nice. Blue fitted rubber will look the business on that!

Lots of nato options also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Congrats, beautiful watch, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Gorgeous. Omega really have upped their presentation boxes was none of that when I bought mine in 2001-2002.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Beautiful Omega, I tried one on in Weirs last weekend. Very tempted indeed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement