Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

Cienciano wrote: »
    Can you adjust the date separately or is it the usual vostok adjust?

Daemonic beat me to it - I had a quick look at the manual when I got the watch - iirc you unscrew the crown, wind back to "8" and then forward to "2" (I think) to adjust

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

IMG-20191120-130533-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭micks_address

Ionised wrote: »
    Not a watch, but around the same size.
    Pretty little clock I thought.

Link ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

SNIP. NO quoting pics

Ooh I like that. What "modell" is that then?

Are you stuck with the days auf Deutsch or can it be changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

fat bloke wrote: »
    Ooh I like that. What "modell" is that then?

Are you stuck with the days auf Deutsch or can it be changed?

That's a 103 handaufzug with a Valjoux 7760, no longer produced.

It's an ETA movement so the day disc can be changed to whatever language you like but I have no intention of changing it, it adds to it's German charm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,878 ✭✭✭✭unkel

njburke wrote: »
    Just arrived, a tisell 905EX. No points for guessing what it's a homage of. Miyota 9015 ,sapphire AR, glidelock clasp. 220$

As always you have a great taste for the cheaper (homage) watches. Never heard of Tisell before. But I do have a recent hankering for an Explorer I :D

From their EU distributor the watch is €296 + €17 the cheapest shipping option

Where did you buy for the USD220 and did you get stung for customs / VAT?

$220 is direct from Tisell
    http://shop2.tisellkr.cafe24.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

[QUOTE=thelizardking1;111824160[[/QUOTE]

Very Nice...

Am liking a splash of colour in my watches these days.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Unkel, I got it straight from the tisell Korean shop. It was in stock and took just over a week to get here. It came straight to the door it wasn't stopped for customs. I've been wearing it ever since, it's lost 15 seconds in 10 days. Attached is a lume shot.

495909.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 64,878 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Ordered :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Stand by for pics of my first automatic tomorrow, been lining a purchase up for a while and am due to complete a buy of a steinhart ocean one 39 tomorrow.

495937.jpg

First automatic purchase complete :D

Embedding isn't working for some reason..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yeah imagebb is a pain in the arse VW, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. I use https://postimages.org. Found it much better. I downloaded your pic and added it as an attachment.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Wibbs wrote: »
    Yeah imagebb is a pain in the arse VW, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. I use https://postimages.org. Found it much better. I downloaded your pic and added it as an attachment.

Are you sure it wasn't the merc hand that put you off uploading it?:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Just in case I'm running a virus check as we speak. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Just in case I'm running a virus check as we speak. :D

It's funny, I really wanted the batman colours but went for all black because they didn't have a model on the site with batman colours and Merc hands, I didn't like the straight hands at all. Strokes and folks and all that..

In fairness V, I'm just a bloody weirdo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Sunday evening pints.

496057.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

Birneybau wrote: »
    Sunday evening pints.

The absolute best pints!

2-EF4-B747-55-F5-4-A88-811-F-793611-A0-FB8-B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Monday morning timepiece.

496117.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Ionised

Blue Tuesday

Borealis-Portus-Cale.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Got a pair of straps from watchgecko

Brown leather for the Oris. Not really loving it. Thinking of returning it - any suggestions?

Silicon for the seiko. Loving that one - a steal at €8 and adds to the watch immensely.

https://ibb.co/LRSmW1s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

What size and model is that leather strap?

I've been looking at leather straps recently to replace a crappy Seiko bracelet on one of my watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

hitemfrank wrote: »
    What size and model is that leather strap?

I've been looking at leather straps recently to replace a crappy Seiko bracelet on one of my watches.

Here’s the details on the leather strap ( I fitted this to the Oris). It’s a lovely strap, just too light for me. Might change it for a black one or dark brown

Cheswell Vintage Genuine Leather Watch Strap Quick Release Spring Bars

Lug Width - 20mm
    Material Colour - Chestnut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Had it been a 22 I would have offered to buy it from you.

You've a 14 day return policy with Watchgecko, so assuming you're not outside of that, you may as well send it back and go darker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

I think the brown strap looks fine, but then I don't like black straps at all or dark straps with dark dials just too harsh for me

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Irish_Aus

My old timer

496298.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

496296.jpg

I've had it years but literally only worn it once or twice. Took it out on Sunday for the week and have decided it'll be getting more wrist time in the future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement