Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-06-2020, 11:09   #271
at1withmyself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereisgalway View Post
https://www.thejournal.ie/restaurant...12184-Jun2020/

Restaurant street tables to be trialled as part of Limerick council's recovery plans. Have GCC any thing in the pipeline or are they too busy in fighting and thinking of new ways to be indepth
Yes let's ignore all the additional work the prom and market bought for them the last few weeks and focus on what they've not done instead of the positives. It's important to keep a negative attitude at this time....
Advertisement
01-06-2020, 11:13   #272
Whereisgalway

Quote:
Originally Posted by at1withmyself View Post
Yes let's ignore all the additional work the prom and market bought for them the last few weeks and focus on what they've not done instead of the positives. It's important to keep a negative attitude at this time....
They put up a few bollards and barriers along the road. Not exactly rocket science or creative thinking. As for the market the traders came up with all the Workable proposals
Thanks from:
01-06-2020, 11:27   #273
flazio

Quote:
Originally Posted by at1withmyself View Post
This is 'Whereisgalway' we're talking about. Seeing the negative and pointing them out is literally all they know on boards.
01-06-2020, 12:02   #274
biko
Arbiter

Bring the niceness and civility back up please.
(2) thanks from:
01-06-2020, 12:28   #275
Whereisgalway

Quote:
Originally Posted by flazio View Post
This is 'Whereisgalway' we're talking about. Seeing the negative and pointing them out is literally all they know on boards.
Very personal attack, very disappointed the mods have left it up

Surely the subject of how the city rejuvenates it’s delft deserves it own thread.

Last edited by Whereisgalway; 01-06-2020 at 12:32.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
01-06-2020, 19:00   #276
Mrs OBumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereisgalway View Post
They put up a few bollards and barriers along the road. Not exactly rocket science or creative thinking. As for the market the traders came up with all the Workable proposals
It was clearly stated all along that it was up to the market traders to manage their customers: The council needs to be focussing on ratepayers.

Outdoor tables are a fixture in most of Quay St already. There are a few more places which could apply for licenses to have them, and use the councils existing mechanism to put tables outside - the initiative is with the restaurant.
01-06-2020, 19:57   #277
Whereisgalway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs OBumble View Post
It was clearly stated all along that it was up to the market traders to manage their customers: The council needs to be focussing on ratepayers.

Outdoor tables are a fixture in most of Quay St already. There are a few more places which could apply for licenses to have them, and use the councils existing mechanism to put tables outside - the initiative is with the restaurant.
Leadership the action of leading a group of people or an organization.
01-06-2020, 23:41   #278
Eloise4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by flazio View Post
I cannot recommend the “Ignore” function highly enough. My Boards experience has improved immeasurably since I set it up recently .
02-06-2020, 06:45   #279
zell12

Plenty of space on the road for seating, just remove the on-street parking
Advertisement
02-06-2020, 09:28   #280
Storm 10

I am at a loss to understand the City Council closing off areas because of social distancing in the City, I think we are doing pretty well here in Galway, there was no one giving out about the thousands of people marching in a protest parade in Dublin all bunched close together, how was this ever allowed to go ahead given how many were diagnosed positive with the virus in Dublin. I did not hear any noise from Leo or Dublin City Council about it.
02-06-2020, 10:52   #281
nox001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm 10 View Post
I am at a loss to understand the City Council closing off areas because of social distancing in the City, I think we are doing pretty well here in Galway, there was no one giving out about the thousands of people marching in a protest parade in Dublin all bunched close together, how was this ever allowed to go ahead given how many were diagnosed positive with the virus in Dublin. I did not hear any noise from Leo or Dublin City Council about it.
We are doing well so now is the time to keep it up not throw away all the good work.
02-06-2020, 12:48   #282
inisboffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm 10 View Post
There's a march on Saturday at 2pm in Galway. Sorry don't have the details right now, I believe it is the square. I saw someone post about it and encourage people to social distance and wear masks.
Thanks from:
02-06-2020, 12:53   #283
nox001

Quote:
Originally Posted by inisboffin View Post
There's a march on Saturday at 2pm in Galway. Sorry don't have the details right now, I believe it is the square. I saw someone post about it and encourage people to social distance and wear masks.
The march should be nipped in the bud immediately, severe fines need to be threatened for anyone who even thinks about attending. I can't believe the down right stupidity and ignorance of anyone who organises, promotes or attends a march during a virus outbreak.
(3) thanks from:
02-06-2020, 18:21   #284
Wompa1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nox001 View Post
The march should be nipped in the bud immediately, severe fines need to be threatened for anyone who even thinks about attending. I can't believe the down right stupidity and ignorance of anyone who organises, promotes or attends a march during a virus outbreak.
How about we not fine people for thoughts

A march would need to be approved by the council anyway so they can nip it in the bud if they wish and they should since mass gathering are not permitted yet.
02-06-2020, 18:27   #285
Mrs OBumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wompa1 View Post
How about we not fine people for thoughts

A march would need to be approved by the council anyway so they can nip it in the bud if they wish and they should since mass gathering are not permitted yet.
Yoy reckon the Dublin march was council approved?
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion