Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Yes based on 80sDiesel lower mileage due to covid scenario he'd have more equity in the car with the lower mileage and if he based his plan on commute mileage pre covid but the point of PCP is that it's designed to pay as little as possible to begin with by not paying more than you have to, it's not designed as a means to pay back the full amount for a car, defeats the purpose, of PCP.

Nobody is claiming that PCP is meant to pay off the full price of the car.

You keep showing that you don't understand PCP by making the claim that it's about paying as little as possible to begin with. PCP structures only have one goal in mind, to get you into a new car, and then get you into the dealer at the end of the term and to sell you another brand new car. The finance house makes a projection on the future value and then adjusts it based on its business model.

I suspect BMW are happy with the expected zero equity because they believe their customers have no problem finding a 10% deposit. As against Hyundai who reel you in with a scrappage deal and then want to as near as possible ensure you have another 10% deposit so that the cost to change is close to €0.

VW are in a great position this way, as they offer both PCP modes, with their ID.Plan versus the more classic PCP structure.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

548874.jpg

All mine! Came updated from factory. 3 phase cable. And Pirelli tyres, which I've not seen anyone mention yet.

Did I spot you today? ~2pm around pouladuff road?

Is there a warning triangle included in yer ID.4s? When I open the boot and look up at the boot door there's a long narrow "hole" in the door where it looks like a collapsible warning triangle would be stored. Thought it was a law they had to be included. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Did I spot you today? ~2pm around pouladuff road?

You did indeed! Were you in the ID? Didn't spot you if so. I saw a blue one coming against me on the South Ring a few minutes later so that obviously wasn't you anyway.

I have a hole rather than a triangle as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jp101

The telematics for the app are free for a few years though right? It's just the internet connection for the car that requires a fee

This is something I am not getting my head around. Does the esim just provide an internet hotspot for the car itself allowing access to internet radio for example. But the we connect app connection is separate? As I am not going to use internet radio I don’t t see the other uses for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Is there a warning triangle included in yer ID.4s? When I open the boot and look up at the boot door there's a long narrow "hole" in the door where it looks like a collapsible warning triangle would be stored. Thought it was a law they had to be included. :confused:
    You did indeed! Were you in the ID? Didn't spot you if so. I saw a blue one coming against me on the South Ring a few minutes later so that obviously wasn't you anyway.

There's a warning triangle in the ID.3 hatch slot. So prolly should be there.

Was in the id indeed, blue. You looked like you were concentrating on the head unit as we passed. Not me on the south ring though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I've not seen any ID.4's in the wild yet, but saw a few parked up in the grounds of Frank Keane Liffey Valley. I must say the rear of the ID.4 looks very smart

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

jp101 wrote: »
    This is something I am not getting my head around. Does the esim just provide an internet hotspot for the car itself allowing access to internet radio for example. But the we connect app connection is separate? As I am not going to use internet radio I don’t t see the other uses for it.

So I think the app mostly works via 2g network, hence why it can take a while for the car to respond. The data connection is 4g and gives the car an internet connection

It'd be interesting to see if the app responds quicker when the car is on the data plan or connected to home wifi

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

KCross wrote: »
    30 Day
    2GB
    EUR 7.95

90 day
    5GB
    EUR 18.95

365 Day
    25GB
    EUR 85.00

Newbie here but why do you need an internet connection for the car ?

• Advertisement

So I think the app mostly works via 2g network, hence why it can take a while for the car to respond. The data connection is 4g and gives the car an internet connection

It'd be interesting to see if the app responds quicker when the car is on the data plan or connected to home wifi

Now you mention it, maybe. Day 1 I found the app a bit sluggish. These days it's pretty instant, whether that's because the car is on a data plan or connected to my house wifi I don't know, but it seems quicker. Very limited experience though

adam88 wrote: »
    Newbie here but why do you need an internet connection for the car ?

For the app to connect to the car, and I guess for ota notifications.

Some reading in relation to PCP, this should answer a lot of questions People might have, it's a U.K site but most of it is relevant to PCP in general.

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-advice/152049/pcp-deals-explained-what-is-pcp-finance

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Anyone get a delivery date for a 1st Max yet?

Down South wrote: »
    Anyone get a delivery date for a 1st Max yet?

Still no VIN for mine :(

I asked last week and the delivery timeframe is still end of April. I'll probably check in again next week with the dealership

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

So another new owner of an iD4 here, picked it up today :D

Very impressed with the car so far, nice to drive and plenty nippy, everyone commenting on how well it looks and the size of it.

A few of quick questions for those who already have theirs and might be able to help ..

There seems to be 2 apps (iPhone user), "We Connect" and "We Connect ID" .. first I tried the "We Connect" but it told me the VIN was invalid and told me to use the "We Connect ID", makes sense, so done that. So i expected to be able to see details of my car charging in here ? am I missing something or do I need to be using a VW charger for that ? (using granny cable until charger arrives next week :()

Also Internet radio won't work, it keeps telling me to connect to wifi or something, I've tried with the car connected to my phone via hotspot and then I took the free plan with cubic telecom, online is selected but still the same ?!

Also last thing .. can I make the interior lighting and screen a different colour ? I was trying the make the top lighting orange but leave the screen the blue colour but can't seem to do it .. the screen always changed to whatever colour I choose for the lighting .. seems odd that your can't do that or am I missing something ?

Thanks for any help !

• Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

v10 wrote: »

Very impressed with the car so far, nice to drive and plenty nippy, everyone commenting on how well it looks and the size of it.

A few of quick questions for those who already have theirs and might be able to help ..

There seems to be 2 apps (iPhone user), "We Connect" and "We Connect ID" .. first I tried the "We Connect" but it told me the VIN was invalid and told me to use the "We Connect ID", makes sense, so done that. So i expected to be able to see details of my car charging in here ? am I missing something or do I need to be using a VW charger for that ? (using granny cable until charger arrives next week :()

Also Internet radio won't work, it keeps telling me to connect to wifi or something, I've tried with the car connected to my phone via hotspot and then I took the free plan with cubic telecom, online is selected but still the same ?!

Also last thing .. can I make the interior lighting and screen a different colour ? I was trying the make the top lighting orange but leave the screen the blue colour but can't seem to do it .. the screen always changed to whatever colour I choose for the lighting .. seems odd that your can't do that or am I missing something ?

Thanks for any help !

Can you add a screenshot of the app your trying to use so we can see if it's the right one?

In the lighting options look for a customise button. I think the screen will be the same colour as the main dash light though.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Hi all
    I'm sure this question has been asked before so apologies in advance.
    Went to view an ID4 1st yesterday. Very impressed and we are ready to do a deal.
    The dealer is due to come back to me today with pricing.
    What discount if any did ye manage to negotiate off list?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭cannco253

As I've been driving a bit more over the last few days I've noticed that Car Play can stutter sometimes and settle down after a few minutes - wireless from Iphone.

I've never used Car Play before, so is that due to the quality of the 4g on the phone when playing Spotify or due to the phone connection to the car, or both? I've started connecting the phone by cable anyway as there's no wireless charging in the 1st.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Can you add a screenshot of the app your trying to use so we can see if it's the right one?

549084.png

This is it, I'm pretty sure it's the right app but not giving me any widgets on the homescreen :confused:
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    In the lighting options look for a customise button. I think the screen will be the same colour as the main dash light though.

That's unfortunate, the red/green/orange screens look terrible in my opinion but have to choose them if I want that colour from the led below, seems silly.

• Advertisement

Hi all
    Went to view an ID4 1st yesterday. Very impressed and we are ready to do a deal.

Are you trading in ? I got what I thought was reasonable price for my trade in, but it was off list price so little or no discount really. I wasn't really expecting much though given the demand and lack of availability at the time.

Hi all

I got one for €41k, so ~2400 off list. Two dealers offered that. PM me if you want details.

Thanks guys

No trade in, it would be a straight sale. If you wouldn't mind PM'ing me the details that would be great.
    My local dealer has 3 ID4 1st's in stock ready to go, but I will travel for a better deal

Jofspring wrote: »
    Were you trading in or straight deal?

Straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭eagerv

v10 wrote: »

Thanks for any help !

Probably similar to the ID.3, you can have different colours on different levels with the high spec, just one colour on the base 1st.
    Suits me fine, being a simple creature. I like red in colder weather, blue when warmer..

Thanks guys

No trade in, it would be a straight sale. If you wouldn't mind PM'ing me the details that would be great.
    My local dealer has 3 ID4 1st's in stock ready to go, but I will travel for a better deal

If you're a cash buyer then you've got some buying power, hopefully you can nab a discount, now's the time to do it as there's usually a few people who pulled the plug after their car got built

I didn't get any deals, buying on finance with a banger as trade in I was pretty much on my knees for a new car :(

If you're a cash buyer then you've got some buying power, hopefully you can nab a discount, now's the time to do it as there's usually a few people who pulled the plug after their car got built

I didn't get any deals, buying on finance with a banger as trade in I was pretty much on my knees for a new car :(

That's the plan, I'm ready to buy today for the right deal, so hopefully a dealer will play ball!

Hi all

Most quoted 42. Some quoted the list price. Michael Moore quoted the list price + 700 for paint which is included. What a wanker.
    Best I got was just under €41. Ring around, go from there. That's the best you can do.

Can't say setting up a scheduled charge was intuitive.

FYI for those who aren't sure how, you need to add a charging location when you're at your house. I believe you can create charging location profiles pretty much, and say when I'm at location X use reduced current, or location y only charge between midnight and 6am. Kinda neat, but wasn't very intuitive, certainly not for newbies to EVs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Can't say setting up a scheduled charge was intuitive.

FYI for those who aren't sure how, you need to add a charging location when you're at your house. I believe you can create charging location profiles pretty much, and say when I'm at location X use reduced current, or location y only charge between midnight and 6am. Kinda neat, but wasn't very intuitive, certainly not for newbies to EVs

It didnt work realiably either on the 2.0 (0783) software, even when it was setup correctly.

Not sure yet if the 2.1(0792) software is any better.

Advertisement