Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,718 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

biko wrote: »
    Google tells me it's 501 litres.
    You can find pictures using Google images

I was seeing if anyone had any anecdotal experience, rather than just looking at Google

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

duploelabs wrote: »
    I was seeing if anyone had any anecdotal experience, rather than just looking at Google

Yeah, I heard anecdotally on this thread that it’s just over 500 litres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

duploelabs wrote: »

The new Rav 4. I done a test drive in it. The boot looked big. Bigger than a Qashqai/Crossover type boot...not huge but even the Misses said it looked bigger than she expected. We had a Qashqai for 4 years so boot is always reviewed on these vehicles

Probably the best I can describe it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Need to upgrade the car in the next few months and I'm being tempted by a hybrid. I'm still unsure if its for me though so wouldn't mind some advice.

My mileage (12,000km a year) would say yes hybrid but my commute would be as follows. 15km drive into work. 11km on country roads at an average of 75-80kmph. The last 4km is city driving at 40-50kmph. The same then on the way home. Weekend is mostly city driving with the odd long trip to Dublin etc....

Would I be hit by the fact I'm driving 22km at day at 80kmph and end up eating up a lot of petrol and only getting the advantage of electric when I get to town or should I still see savings over my current 2.0l Diesel CC.

Looking at the new Rav 4 or the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and want to get a bit more knowledge before I walk into the showroom.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Need to upgrade the car in the next few months and I'm being tempted by a hybrid. I'm still unsure if its for me though so wouldn't mind some advice.

My mileage (12,000km a year) would say yes hybrid but my commute would be as follows. 15km drive into work. 11km on country roads at an average of 75-80kmph. The last 4km is city driving at 40-50kmph. The same then on the way home. Weekend is mostly city driving with the odd long trip to Dublin etc....

Would I be hit by the fact I'm driving 22km at day at 80kmph and end up eating up a lot of petrol and only getting the advantage of electric when I get to town or should I still see savings over my current 2.0l Diesel CC.

Looking at the new Rav 4 or the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and want to get a bit more knowledge before I walk into the showroom.

I’d say you are well within the range there. Petrol only kicks in at 120km/h on the motorway. You should be able to do your commute on electric. If you’re buying new then you will be well within range as the 2019 has a bigger battery. You’ll see serious savings over either Diesel or Toyota hybrid.

On a long trip at motorway speeds you’re looking at ~35 mpg, but if the vast majority of your day to day is on electric it’s not going to make much difference.

• Advertisement

Based on my test drive today I would throw in the BEV Niro into the conversation as well, it does depend on how big a vehicle you need as it is smaller than both the Outlander and Rav 4....

The huge difference between the Rav and Outlander is budget, I guess you would buy Outlander second hand so you will pick up a good low mileage one for under 25k. The new Rav4 for any spec you need to have 40k in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Cardenkelly

Hi mate, I imported an Ampera three months ago
    And can’t believe I didn’t do this years ago. Your mileage is well within the outlanders and Ampera range just by charging at home. Once charged you won’t use any diesel until the battery runs down !! I’m in tipp and use no petrol except on the odd drive to the cities. I went for the sporty Ampera over the bigger outlander even tho I’m 6’2” because of the power and speed. The vrt is minimal so importing from UK would get you a well looked after motor. An outlander would prob be better for Irish roads tho. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Cardenkelly

Hi mate, I imported an Ampera three months ago
    And can’t believe I didn’t do this years ago. Your mileage is well within the outlanders and Ampera range just by charging at home. Once charged you won’t use any diesel until the battery runs down !! I’m in tipp and use no petrol except on the odd drive to the cities. I went for the sporty Ampera over the bigger outlander even tho I’m 6’2” because of the power and speed. The vrt is minimal so importing from UK would get you a well looked after motor. An outlander would prob be better for Irish roads tho. Good luck

PS: driving faster on a plug in hybrid only uses the battery miles faster, unlike non plug in which switches over to fuel over 30 mph. In my opinion normal hybrids give no great advantage over the modern diesels in MPG to warrant the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

For the owners... can you "fault" this model H E R E !?

Thanks.

rolion wrote: »
    For the owners... can you "fault" this model H E R E !?

Thanks.

That works out at €29,700. I bought one from an Irish dealer 6 months ago with 12K miles on the clock and a fresh service from Westbrook motors for €28,500 after a bit of a haggle. Same year and spec.

• Advertisement

kanuseeme wrote: »

Juro is the base spec which is why it’s so cheap. I’d aim for GX4Hs at a minimum.

I have the vGate iCar Pro. Works fine with PHEV Watchdog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

I did ask, did it have to be a gx5h, I purchased last month a 151 gh3 32k miles, which is scraping the bottom of the basic barrel, including vrt and delivery, it cost me 18000 euro, and i am very pleased with it,my first fill cost 48.50 euro and i have done 1050 miles so far , previous car was a Lexus ct, basic model also. I prefer the Outlander .

I can live without a few creature comforts , not every ones style i know, but comparing the 2 cars , less miles , younger car and 1500 pounds cheaper, the extra's would have to include the girl and a better mattress posted earlier.:D

Thanks.
    Going to keep the car for 5 years so want to be top .
    Driving for work hundreds KMs every week love comfort for my back and legs,safety and safety.

A quick Q: buying it local here does it come with dashboard systems in KM rather than the UK model in miles !?

Thanks.

Thanks.
    Going to keep the car for 5 years so want to be top .
    Driving for work hundreds KMs every week love comfort for my back and legs,safety and safety.

A quick Q: buying it local here does it come with dashboard systems in KM rather than the UK model in miles !?

Thanks.

Yes. UK import will have miles on the speedo and odometer. You can use km/100l etc. in the touch screen.

What’s your daily commute? Can you charge in work?

stimpson wrote: »
    Yes. UK import will have miles on the speedo and odometer. You can use km/100l etc. in the touch screen.

What’s your daily commute? Can you charge in work?

Daily could be from zero,to 50km to 400km...nature of business.

Charge at home mostly as I have a LEAF already.
    Just going to fit a second charger beside one already in place.

So,dash can be changed from imperial to metrics pretty easy...great.

Tks

Daily could be from zero,to 50km to 400km...nature of business.

Charge at home mostly as I have a LEAF already.
    Just going to fit a second charger beside one already in place.

So,dash can be changed from imperial to metrics pretty easy...great.

Tks

Yep. Just speedo and odo will still be in miles.

50km will probably do 60-70 mpg. 400km will be more like 35 mpg. If you do a lot of long trips you’d be better with a dirty diesel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

really thinking of picking one up at the moment, was hoping to drop big on a model3 but the price is only going u and up, thinking an outlander phev for 2 years then maybe a model3.

I work for one of the leccy companes, so we have free charge points in work.

commute is about 20km each way daily, with free charge while in work.

I do long trips a few times a month, letterkenny, Sligo, cork etc but I can sue the wifes dieself for those days.

seems like a no brainer, is the 4h the one with the sat nav and all the bells and whistles? looking at 2015s at the moment.

better value to be had in the UK or up North?

is there a better looking phev, around 2015 for similar money? I cant think of any

cheers,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

copeyhagen wrote:
    is there a better looking phev, around 2015 for similar money? I cant think of any

Ampera (2014 last model).
    Although the outlander sounds a good fit for you as you'll do both your 20km commutes on battery. Is there enough charges at work or are there queues. People tend to frown upon PHEVs using chargers when EVs want to charge also. One for a different thread but be aware of it.

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Ampera (2014 last model).
    Although the outlander sounds a good fit for you as you'll do both your 20km commutes on battery. Is there enough charges at work or are there queues. People tend to frown upon PHEVs using chargers when EVs want to charge also. One for a different thread but be aware of it.

the ampere I was looking at before, the 2 seats in rear wouldn't be ideal. I like the roomier outlander.

yeah, we have a good few spots, at least one free 24/7 at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

copeyhagen wrote: »

cheers,

There are a few other PHEV's out there but your "better looking" requirement is hard to quantify! :)

Merc C350e
    BMW i3
    BMW 330e
    VW Passat and Golf GTE's
    Kia Niro
    Kia Optima
    etc

All of those would do your 20km commute on EV only but I've no idea if they fit your better looking requirement!

TBH, there is nothing that comes close to the size of the Outlander for the money. At 20km each way and a charge in work that will be all on EV. Diesel would be better for long trips alright and even still you can do 35-40 mpg on long trips.

GX4H is the minimum spec I’d recommend. Leather, electric cabin pre-heat and satnav(but that’s a bit crap tbh - 2018 on have CarPlay/Android auto). The GX4Hs adds the safety kit. GX5H has really nice leather and heated rear seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

330e won't easily do 20km on battery. Wife's work colleague gets 18km. The EPA rating is only 14 miles.

TBH, there is nothing that comes close to the size of the Outlander for the money.

I think he needs to be more specific on his requirements as he said he was considering a Model 3 so the size of the Outlander must not be the key requirement.

Reading between the lines I think he just wants something that will do the commute on electric only and be comfortable to drive, gadgets etc and there are multiple options for that.

sorry let me be more specific.

car would be used for my work trips every day (less than 40km total) with free charge points in work and leccy discount at home when required.

wife and 2 kids and buggies, bikes, scooters etc getting hauled around at weekend (can make this all fit in my passat cc gt at he moment just about)

long work drives will be done in the wifes diesel while she woudl take mine to work.

so it has to be decent sized, decent boot, decent spec but i only wanna spend about 22k now (as i still plan on buying a model 3, just not yet)

i have owned enough bmws to know i dont want another. looking at the above, i think the outlander is probably best bet? i do like the optima though, didnt know they were doing a phev. - just checked donesteal, no optima phevs?

another question around vrt, a 2015 uk GX4H, the vrt is 1,100euro, for a 2016 the vrt is 1,600.

looking on the ROS website, it says the following for PHEVs:
    3 years or over, but less than 4 years - €1,750 (max amount which may be remitted)

so do you get the full amount of VRT back?!

i do like the optima though, didnt know they were doing a phev. - just checked donesteal, no optima phevs?

UK only. Never sold new here.

another question around vrt, a 2015 uk GX4H, the vrt is 1,100euro, for a 2016 the vrt is 1,600.

looking on the ROS website, it says the following for PHEVs:
    3 years or over, but less than 4 years - €1,750 (max amount which may be remitted)

so do you get the full amount of VRT back?!

PHEV's get a 2500 VRT exemption
    BEV's get a 5000 exemption.

So, you calculate the VRT and then subtract the appropriate amount and thats what you pay.

The VRT calculator site automatically does the subtraction for you so whatever figure it throws out at the end of the page is what you pay.

KCross wrote: »
    PHEV's get a 2500 VRT exemption
    BEV's get a 5000 exemption.

So, you calculate the VRT and then subtract the appropriate amount and thats what you pay.

The VRT calculator site automatically does the subtraction for you so whatever figure it throws out at the end of the page is what you pay.

ah ok, cheers.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Any chance of "converting" the Outlander to a commercial graded vehicle, to pay less or none of that non-sense BIK ,in case of a commercial company given vehicle ! ?

Thanks

Hi,

Any chance of "converting" the Outlander to a commercial graded vehicle, to pay less or none of that non-sense BIK ,in case of a commercial company given vehicle ! ?

Thanks

There is a commercial Outlander PHEV from the factory

Edit: https://mitsubishi-motors.ie/car/outlander-phev-business/

There is a commercial Outlander PHEV from the factory

Edit: https://mitsubishi-motors.ie/car/outlander-phev-business/

Thanks.
    Cannot justify a brand new one.

Followed you tip and checked AutoTrade in UK and found some commercials Outlanders but , good escaping / bending the BIK point here, some of them were car converted. So buy a normal jeep, bring it in here and convert it to commercial. Does it make sense !?

484912.jpg

484913.jpg

Hello,

For those that owns a phev...
    Can i ask you to confirm what those buttons means, please ?
    I am worried of too many empty plastic spaces.

Thanks.

485133.JPG

485134.JPG

First one looks like a boot open/close button
    2nd - EV "engine" noise off
    3rd - parking sensors off
    4th - lane departure warning
    5th - AEB- Automatic Emergency braking

2nd pic....
    1st - looks like heated steering
    2nd - Blind spot detection/warning

KCross wrote: »
    First one looks like a boot open/close button
    2nd - EV "engine" noise off
    3rd - parking sensors off
    4th - lane departure warning
    5th - AEB- Automatic Emergency braking

2nd pic....
    1st - looks like heated steering
    2nd - Blind spot detection/warning

Thanks !

On the second,there are three "empty slots"...
    Good or bad ,what features i'm i misssing ?

• Advertisement

Test drove one of these today for the crack, 2016....it had the same all around view monitor like the Leaf.

Nice to drive, found it strange it only came with granny charger.....

Thanks !

On the second,there are three "empty slots"...
    Good or bad ,what features i'm i misssing ?

Not a clue. Haven’t even sat in an outlander! :)

One guess would be heated seats, but hopefully an outlander owner will reply.

Heated seats are in the centre console.

Some features are only available in certain markets eg. 240v sockets in the boot are available in France. I don’t think any mode has all switches. That one looks well speced. I’d be happy with it.

Thanks guys.

Going through the "home reading" ...
    Found a YT playlist with all the features H E R E

Put down a deposit on it today and wondering whats all about.
    Going back tomorrow to check finance status.

Thanks.

485144.JPG

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Test drove one of these today for the crack, 2016....it had the same all around view monitor like the Leaf.

Nice to drive, found it strange it only came with granny charger.....

Not sure it comes with, didn't seen the car ... but why will "you" need a granny charger when you get a home installed full blown charger station ?

• Advertisement

If you go stay with your granny, you cannot bring your charger station with you. I was using the granny charger all the time, its slower, which is handy when you come home plug in at say 10 pm, it will charge at a cheaper rate after an hour or two. With the home charger it will nearly be full in 3 hours.

charge as much as you can, press charge when going up a steep hill, to get the most out of your battery.

Best of luck, well you may wear.

If you go stay with your granny, you cannot bring your charger station with you. I was using the granny charger all the time, its slower, which is handy when you come home plug in at say 10 pm, it will charge at a cheaper rate after an hour or two. With the home charger it will nearly be full in 3 hours.

charge as much as you can, press charge when going up a steep hill, to get the most out of your battery.

Best of luck, well you may wear.

Car has a timer. My Zappi has a timer. No need to charge at day rates. I have granny, type 1 to type 2 and a Zappi. Maybe I’ve overdone it.

Not sure it comes with, didn't seen the car ... but why will "you" need a granny charger when you get a home installed full blown charger station ?

That’s the point, the one I drove I would need to invest in a proper cable to connect into my wall charger, the granny cable is useless to me

Morning,

That's the car HERE.
    Can you "help" me to fault it, please .
    What should i look for,is a dealer not private and should be covered and ok,isnt !??

Thanks

Morning,

That's the car HERE.
    What should i look for,is a dealer not private and should be covered and ok,isnt !??

Thanks

You are well covered with Westbrook motors. They are the main Mitsuibishi dealer in Dublin.

This is a question I posted on facebook but still not 100%

So my wife works 17km from the house, maybe 5km on 80km roads and then into the lovely Dublin....it will be in rush hour going to and coming back from work. So total distance probably 35km.

Now my understanding is that the car will do circa 30km on battery only and that when you start you get to pick Battery mode or hybrid mode. So in battery it would just run off battery till the range is up and then kick back into hybrid mode. Now if you flick on air con that will turn on the petrol engine etc but if just spinning at not crazy speeds it should just run down the battery.

Am I talking rubbish? does it work like this?

Or does it just run in hybrid mode like the Rav 4 but just has a bigger battery so will turn on the petrol engine less times?

She is getting a Rav 4 for loan for weekend to test but I don'tthink anyone does a Outlander loansystem?

Morning,

That's the car HERE.

Thanks

Morning back,

Check the warranty on it, some commercial sellers did not offer the full Mitsubishi warranty, e.g it was sold by a leasing company, not a Mitsubishi dealer.

Its a UK import, did you check dealers in the UK, might save you a few thousand ?????, vrt is easy to do.

Other than that, I am told its Fugly.

Well wear.

Morning back,

Check the warranty on it, some commercial sellers did not offer the full Mitsubishi warranty, e.g it was sold by a leasing company, not a Mitsubishi dealer.

Its a UK import, did you check dealers in the UK, might save you a few thousand ?????, vrt is easy to do.

Other than that, I am told its Fugly.

Well wear.

Westbrook are Mitsu dealers......unless they lost it very recently

This is a question I posted on facebook but still not 100%

So my wife works 17km from the house, maybe 5km on 80km roads and then into the lovely Dublin....it will be in rush hour going to and coming back from work. So total distance probably 35km.

Now my understanding is that the car will do circa 30km on battery only and that when you start you get to pick Battery mode or hybrid mode. So in battery it would just run off battery till the range is up and then kick back into hybrid mode. Now if you flick on air con that will turn on the petrol engine etc but if just spinning at not crazy speeds it should just run down the battery.

Am I talking rubbish? does it work like this?

Or does it just run in hybrid mode like the Rav 4 but just has a bigger battery so will turn on the petrol engine less times?

She is getting a Rav 4 for loan for weekend to test but I don'tthink anyone does a Outlander loansystem?

It starts in battery mode, on my 151 gh3, you can pick save, which will keep the battery at its current level, it will do 35 km at 80 km,

The air con on mine runs off the battery, range drops as a result, turning on the heater will start the engine on gh3, but as far as I know not on the other models, range reduced with them also.

yesterday I drove 32km in a hilly area, used 4% petrol on the trip,

Try the BMW 225e, only found out about it last night, prices seem good, range is less.

Westbrook are Mitsu dealers......unless they lost it very recently

Please refer to the Pan-European Services Booklet in your vehicle for full warranty details. New vehicles that have not been supplied in the UK by an authorised Mitsubishi Motors Dealer and sourced through the Colt Car Company Limited may not benefit from this warranty. Please check with your authorised Mitsubishi Motors Dealer if you would like confirmation of the warranty relating to your vehicle. The warranty provided is in addition to your legal rights. We reserve the right to inspect the vehicle (whether before or after any work is carried out) and/or any damaged or replaced parts.

Outlander PHEV has an 8 Years/100,000 miles traction battery warranty.

this bit I am referring to, sourced through the Colt Car Company Limited may not benefit from this warranty. Please check with your authorised Mitsubishi Motors Dealer if you would like confirmation of the warranty relating to your vehicle.
    https://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.uk/owners/warranty

• Advertisement
Advertisement