Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ali : Weds 19 Sept 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

[IMG][/img]alig6401537270094.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

If those TAF's for DUB come off there will serious disruption to ground ops in the airport and subsequent delays as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

How are we looking down here in the south /Cork cIty? Thinking not too bad since it’s tellow!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

How are we looking down here in the south /Cork cIty? Thinking not too bad since it’s tellow!

Cork Airport TAF going for gusts up to 60knots between 6am/8am which is very strong but of course it has its own climate up on the hill. More areas could be added to orange status later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Did ye catch the puma yet?saw it on the journal not a mention of it since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

For me the orange alert should be further south and east. Certainly when looking at the 06z gfs the tightest gradient is away from the nothwest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

For me the orange alert should be further south and east. Certainly when looking at the 06z gfs the tightest gradient is away from the nothwest

Met earann probably expecting to track further north I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

ploughing is on not gonna issue an alert for offaly anyways

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Looking at the european models would suggest more counties possible in the Orange warning level to me too. Will need to watch Atlantic coastal counties closely in the following runs left, looks very high end Orange level on the coasts. ( American models have eased off a bit but thinking the euro models would have a better handle on it, will see. )This is looking like a very strong wind event with driving heavy rain in parts.
    Very sharp temp gradient from very mild air to cold air in a matter of a couple of hours.
    Pressure dropping as Storm passes close to the NW / N.
    Northern counties could get very strong winds as the gradient tightens. Mention of possible sting jet.

The wind is pulling hard here at this minute in Galway.constant heavy pull.gonna be a lot of branches knocked if it stays going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Glad I dismantled the trampoline yesterday !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

NIMAN wrote: »
    Glad I dismantled the trampoline yesterday !

Did you take the whole thing down? I removed the net but thought the trampoline itself might be ok for now. Ugh, should I flip it? Kilkenny/Carlow border.

Whispered wrote: »
    Did you take the whole thing down? I removed the net but thought the trampoline itself might be ok for now. Ugh, should I flip it? Kilkenny/Carlow border.

I’d say face down and put a few good weights on it.the wind does get under them hoors and away she goes up the road.they trash parked cars on the way.face down and weigh on she be sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

We are flying into Dublin airport tomorrow at 17.30hrs could we face delays/problems landing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

RubyK wrote: »
    We are flying into Dublin airport tomorrow at 17.30hrs could we face delays/problems landing?

There is definitely a chance of delays or being put into a holding pattern (circling the sky for a bit). This is going by the latest updates from the models.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

You are quite late, so knock on delays are more the worry for you.

Artane2002 wrote: »
    There is definitely a chance of delays or being put into a holding pattern (circling the sky for a bit). This is going by the latest updates from the models.

Thanks Artane, when is the worst expected, have a 2 hr car journey to get home also.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    You are quite late, so knock on delays are more the worry for you.

The flight we come home on leaves DUB at 07.00 hrs, so hopefully that gets out on-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Very windy throughout my drive from Dublin to Cork earlier.

Travelling back to Dublin from Cork now. Continuing very windy but the weather is bright and sunny through Tipperary and Laois and south Kildare during the last 1.5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

In Majorca at present due to land in Dublin 01.40 Thursday morning. Should it be over by then or are we due more strong wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Are we expecting any rain of note. Just wondering will sports pitches be playable tomorrow evening? Looks like more rain will actually be on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I'm due to land at 1230. (1130z) 😱

Hopefully has shifted to 270/280 degrees by then and will get in

The flight we come home on leaves DUB at 07.00 hrs, so hopefully that gets out on-time.

In that case, the flight going to wherever you are now has a decent chance of being delayed. This delay would then delay your flight. This is especially true for short haul flights where the turnaround time would be short.

The orange warning is valid till 1 so the worst of it should be over by the time you arrive.

In Majorca at present due to land in Dublin 01.40 Thursday morning. Should it be over by then or are we due more strong wind.

It should be over.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I'm due to land at 1230. (1130z) ��

Hopefully has shifted to 270/280 degrees by then and will get in

If anybody on here can organise/fix the weather it's you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

And it has to be on a bin day

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

TAF for Dublin airport, almost certain disruption if this comes off
    Is Kerry Airport 7.30am departure tomorrow morning a write off?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Warnings currently being updated

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

It looks to be a downgrade, land warning is yellow, marine warning is just orange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yes, looks like they are re-assessing things as the warning only goes out to 10pm (at least for Galway/Mayo)
    Edit: don't think this is a downgrade, maybe more of an upgrade for post 10pm?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement