Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Nice little interview. "Only undisputed champ champ" (not sure what he meant by that, DC have him a nice shout out about how special being champ champ was, unless he is fully team Jones and sees him as the real champ? "very happy for Jose" "deal almost done, believes it will be this year, in Vegas"

I love how he congratulates Aldo in one sentence and disregards Cormier in the next, he never goes full Mr. nice guy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    I better start saving for the extra required for tickets if Conor is on the card. Anyone not using fight club code, i'll get you a tshirt in fight club shop in vegas.

Should have a spare code, and have enough crappy UFC t-shirts! Really wanted to go to this but it's one of the few weekends in the year I can't get off with work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

qwabercd wrote: »
    Should have a spare code, and have enough crappy UFC t-shirts! Really wanted to go to this but it's one of the few weekends in the year I can't get off with work.

Cool, if your happy, closer to time, name a few fighters you like and size and I'll grab something from lv fight shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

fitzparker wrote: »
    Nice little interview. "Only undisputed champ champ" (not sure what he meant by that, DC have him a nice shout out about how special being champ champ was, unless he is fully team Jones and sees him as the real champ? "very happy for Jose" "deal almost done, believes it will be this year, in Vegas"

I love how he congratulates Aldo in one sentence and disregards Cormier in the next, he never goes full Mr. nice guy
    Can't be giving props to anyone in AKA when a fight with Khabib is looming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

fitzparker wrote: »

He also says his name wrong most of the time, which has to be deliberate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Effects wrote: »
    He also says his name wrong most of the time, which has to be deliberate.

The king says it how he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Honestly can't wait for the fight to be announced so we can have the hype and hysteria that I miss so much from McGregor fights and getting this thread back on track. On a side note, I'm in Vegas the following weekend which is a huge kick to the stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Good to see Conor out doing a bit of running. Hopefully he has realised that is what his cardio was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Inviere

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Good to see Conor out doing a bit of running. Hopefully he has realised that is what his cardio was missing.

Does this put to rest the "he can't run/do high impact training with his knee" argument? His cardio needs serious attention

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Duff wrote: »
    Honestly can't wait for the fight to be announced so we can have the hype and hysteria that I miss so much from McGregor fights and getting this thread back on track. On a side note, I'm in Vegas the following weekend which is a huge kick to the stones.

Don't bother getting excited. 6 out of every 7 posts will be hogwash and the decent ones will all be variants of:

Conor needs to take Khabib out early or Khabib will ragdoll him.

Conor needs improved cardio.

Khabib got clipped that one time by Michael Johnson who made him do the "Chicken Dance" (Which is not true in the least, but it won't stop the lads from wheeling out this doozy).

That's pretty much it!

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Conor needs to take Khabib out early or Khabib will ragdoll him.
    Conor needs improved cardio.
    Khabib got clipped that one time by Michael Johnson.!

Khabib will maul™ Conor if he gets him to the ground.
    If Khabib can't get him to the ground and Conor keeps it standing then he'll knock him out halfway through round 2.
    If it goes past that then Conor will gas, guaranteed, as Conor can't do any running to build up his cardio.

Whelo79 wrote: »

Yeah, I'd say until that little run around NYC he hadn't any idea of how to improve his cardio, or that it was lacking.

Yeah, I'd say until that little run around NYC he hadn't any idea of how to improve his cardio, or that it was lacking.

I don't know who thought him to run but someone needs to have a word with him, almost as bad as his rowing technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

In regards to the run, was he actually running in the city or was he close to a park? Or was it more of a publicity thing knowing some reporters were outside.

I'm assuming he was close to a park as running in a busy city like that would be an absolute pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

JJayoo wrote: »
    In regards to the run, was he actually running in the city or was he close to a park? Or was it more of a publicity thing knowing some reporters were outside.

I'm assuming he was close to a park as running in a busy city like that would be an absolute pain in the hole.

Looks like he was coming out of his hotel and onto Columbus Circle in Manhattan. There's an entrance to Central Park there as well so presume that's where he went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

He was running away from all the journalists and fans I'd say.

I'm amazed he doesn't just pop on to boards to find out how to fix his cardio problem rather than spend thousands on coaches and technology.

JJayoo wrote: »

He's literally across the road from Central Park.
    Probably more likely to be publicity seeing as he's got those big Beats headphones on his head.
    I don't know who thought him to run but someone needs to have a word with him, almost as bad as his rowing technique.
    Yet he's still an elite athlete at the top of his game.

He's literally across the road from Central Park.
    Probably more likely to be publicity seeing as he's got those big Beats headphones on his head.

Yet he's still an elite athlete at the top of his game.

Sorry, it can be hard to tell in here but that was a mess. I'm sure he runs just fine but I'm sure there are running experts who could give him some tips.

I'm sure there are running experts who could give him some tips.

They're called coaches. And he has lots of them. They are part of the reason he's as good as he is.

Haha wow still not coming across, I mean that no matter what he does, there's always someone to say he's doing it wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Ah friends again if he RT that

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Increasingly seems like Oct 6th is D-day. Honestly, I'm looking forward to the next 9 or so weeks run-in. All the nonsense and all. Some classic foils and goons involved. Ali Abdelaziz and his antics. Jaysus. It'll all be entertainment leading up to the biggest UFC fight ever. A classic styles match-up. Great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Increasingly seems like Oct 6th is D-day. Honestly, I'm looking forward to the next 9 or so weeks run-in. All the nonsense and all. Some classic foils and goons involved. Ali Abdelaziz and his antics. Jaysus. It'll all be entertainment leading up to the biggest UFC fight ever. A classic styles match-up. Great stuff.

If it is Oct 9th I hope it flies in. I can’t stand all the school yard nonsense in build up. Same in boxing. I’m gonna batter you, no I’m gonna batter you. For weeks before the fight.

If it is Oct 9th I hope it flies in. I can’t stand all the school yard nonsense in build up. Same in boxing. I’m gonna batter you, no I’m gonna batter you. For weeks before the fight.

It sounds like you're an adult..

Well, you've come to the right place...

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/zealousalertbluebird

Foreshadowing... throws that left from hell only for it to be eaten and get manhandled.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Im excited just at the suggestions of an actual announcement.

In two minds about if having two pressers is the way to go - having all the other fighters on the same stage as McGregor just a bit silly, as all the viewers and questions are for Conor - but then more exposure for the other fighters and can get moments like red panty and the Jeremy Stephens 'WDFITG'

A great and intriging fight. Just hope there's no rust on McGregor as really want both these guys going in there at 100% so neither of their fanboys come with the excuses.

Same as any MMA fight really, but it will be who will impose their superior skills over the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Connor looked very unfit in that NYC running video. Is there any way he can get back to a decent shape by October???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement