Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Connor looked very unfit in that NYC running video. Is there any way he can get back to a decent shape by October???

A aul packet of crips and he'll be fighting fit. Take the shirt off any mans back...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Connor looked very unfit in that NYC running video. Is there any way he can get back to a decent shape by October???

What drugs are you on? He's been training pretty consistently the past while and is already in great shape.
    You're deluded if you think he hasn't already been training for months to defeat Khabib.

Mod: Lose the attitude and keep it civil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Ariel helwani saying “ no plans to have conor or khabib at presser “ but there is 48hrs for something to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 39,158 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Looks like he's been training with Danis in New York. But, but, but, grappling...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Effects wrote: »
    What drugs are you on? He's been training pretty consistently the past while and is already in great shape.
    You're deluded if you think he hasn't already been training for months to defeat Khabib.

Not a drug addict... Unlike a certain famous Irish MMA fighter.

Hardly been training that hard seeing as there was pictures of him off his mallet and sweating bullets out partying only a fortnight ago.

He looked very weathered and tired in that clip from NY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Effects wrote: »

Hardly been training that hard seeing as there was pictures of him off his mallet and sweating bullets out partying only a fortnight ago.

FFS

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Banned for 2 weeks for repeat offenses.

I'm not going to keep repeating myself folks - you are all here long enough and know the charter and the rules and have read the warnings...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭fitzparker

@Effects

one post your saying his cardio is lacking.... then he is in great shape.... then he can't run..... then he has has been training ages for Khabib.

it's hard to keep up!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

fitzparker wrote: »
    it's hard to keep up!

Conor keeps saying that when he's jogging I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

lads lose there minds over his running style
    wow a new low

must be some serious athletes posting on here these days

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Don't start on the rowing technique!

Like the guy only held 2 belts in 2 different weight classes in MMA. If only he improved his running and rowing technique he could be a champion.....wait, there's something wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

God, I wish he would just announce a fight at this stage. Couldn't care less if he is in NY or the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

fitzparker wrote: »
    @Effects
    one post your saying his cardio is lacking.... then he is in great shape.... then he can't run..... then he has has been training ages for Khabib.
    it's hard to keep up!

I think you're mixing some of my posts up with someone else. (obvious troll posts aside)

He's not in camp but he is training. The Khabib fight is the one that makes most probable sense. He's not going to start preparing for it when the fight is announced, he'll already be working on it. He just won't be broadcasting it.

This fight is probably more important than most of his previous fights.
    He's been stripped twice and to come back and lose would be pretty bad for him.
    But to take his belt back, and from someone considered invincible, would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Gintonious wrote: »
    God, I wish he would just announce a fight at this stage. Couldn't care less if he is in NY or the moon.

No gravity would definitely help McGregor on the take downs or would it??? Hmmm

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    No gravity would definitely help McGregor on the take downs or would it??? Hmmm

How do you take some one down if there is no down?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Inviere

How do you take some one down if there is no down?

Simple, just a matter of upgrading software

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Inviere wrote: »
    Simple, just a matter of upgrading software

Without damaging the hardware

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Inviere

Without damaging the hardware

There’s something about timing and speed in there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Moving up the rankings despite not fighting

https://twitter.com/btsportufc/status/1024940656429543424

Moving up the rankings despite not fighting

https://twitter.com/btsportufc/status/1024940656429543424

All signs leaning towards this press conference happening.

I presume he is still over there but I see Cowley has returned he posted on instagram swimming in the 40 foot (or looks like it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,158 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He was in the top spot last time he was ranke, so he hadn't moved. If anything it's down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

So this fight can be promoted in 8 weeks? I remenber people here before rattling on say oh this world tour, promtions and fight camp.

On the ranking situation he shouldnt even on the ranking he hasnt fought in 2 years, if he dont fight for another 2 years should he still be ranked 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

dave1982 wrote: »
    So this fight can be promoted in 8 weeks? I remenber people here before rattling on say oh this world tour, promtions and fight camp.

Its been ‘promoted’ since Khabib got the belt

Is there much more to be said in an 8 week build up that a 13 week build up would do

Conor always goes on about how much he hated the world tour with Aldo, can’t see another one happening against someone who’s liable to miss fight night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Mellor wrote: »
    He was in the top spot last time he was ranke, so he hadn't moved. If anything it's down.

No. He has moved up. He was 2nd for couple of months he's switched places with tony who has been more active than Conor in last 2 years. Just shows how fake this rankings are really

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

dave1982 wrote: »

On the ranking situation he shouldnt even on the ranking he hasnt fought in 2 years, if he dont fight for another 2 years should he still be ranked 1?

Mayweather fight was only announced 9 weeks out.

Probably be Dustin v Tony so. That’s a great fight too

He will never need to do a world tour again, the Aldo fight was a once off as it was his first chance at the belt.

Any conor fight sells its self at this stage, 2 weeks notice and he is more than likely breaking his last PPV record.

There won’t be a world tour this time around if it does get announced. They will want to keep them away from each other I reckon with a couple of big pressers before the fight will do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

If you believe them they were setting up RDA fight with 4/5 weeks notice in NY however I don't believe that story.

• Advertisement

If you believe that UFC favour certain outcomes then it's quite likely one side of a fight can be 'done' 10 weeks out and another side 7 weeks out. Or things like this.

So I tend to believe that Conor was aware of a RDA fight and very close to signing. And at the same time I believe RDA when he says had no idea about it and it hadn't even been mentioned to him.

Of course this type of stuff is a risk and things can fall apart but with Conor it's not a huge risk. There's no shortage of guys lining up to fight him at any notice at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement