1. Predict the I.M.T. (Irish Mean Temperature, average for five locations, Claremorris, Mullingar, Casement, Oak Park, Shannon) ... the 1981-2010 normal value is 8.4 C.
2. Predict the MAX temperature at any of 25 regular reporting locations on the met.ie website.
3. Predict the MIN temperature at any of 25 regular reporting locations on the met.ie website.
4. Predict the PRC (precipitation) which is the average at eleven locations expressed as a percentage of normal. The stations used are the five in (1) above plus Malin Head, Ballyhaise, Belmullet, Johnstown Castle, Cork and Valentia.
5. Predict the SUN (sunshine) which is the average at six locations expressed as a percentage of normal. The stations used are Belmullet, Casement, Dublin, Cork, Shannon and Valentia.
6. BONUS -- Easter Sunday (12th) -- predict the highest temperature at any location, and the location itself. Temperature worth 7/10 and location 3/10, superbonus points available.
MTC _________ 8.7 _ 20.5 _ -3.7 __ 110 __ 095 ___ 14.9 _ Moorepark
Normal _______8.4 _ 20.5 _ -2.0 __ 100 __ 100 ___ 13.5 _ loc'n points by climatology
The on-time deadline is 0300h Wednesday, 1st of April.