Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm finally doing a full play through of this myself on a PS3. Loving it :D Been running into bits that I've seen or have played in a friend's house and am finding bits that I didn't know were there and finding it a great challenge. There are parts that I love stealthing past 3 or 4 bad d00ds and parts where I love getting stuck into some serious dakka and wallop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Actually played a game on Thursday night and got in really quick. Only played the one game though.

tok9 wrote: »
    Actually played a game on Thursday night and got in really quick. Only played the one game though.
    Wouldn't mind a few games actually it's been a while. If you're online later let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Only just got this on Saturday traded in a few games in Cex. Has anybody had any trouble with corrupted saves?. I'm at the point just after the science building cut scene where Ellie helping Joel on a horse and the game freezes going to the next scene. I tought it was a faulty disk at first so went back and got exchanged today but still the same. I have a save about 3 hrs from before in the sewers and I dont wanna have to do it again it took me ages to pass and only did pass cause I jammed it lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Have you patched the game?, and if you are playing single player while connected to PSN if your connection drops during an auto save it can be corrupted as they are auto uploaded to the ND servers. It was an issue with the PS3 version anyway.

• Advertisement

Yeah I patched it. Even removed 8gb of stuff and did a database rebuild but still no good. Guess I'm just gonna have to grind it again just I know whats coming now so won't be like my original save if you know what I mean. Leave it till the weekend will probably be up for it then. Thanks.

Edit: Yeah single player but not logged onto PSN unless it auto logged. It had started to load slow and was having issues even before I got to that point with cut scene characters moving like cardboard cutouts. Hard to explain. Just hoping its not my PS3 giving up the ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Joshua J wrote: »
    Yeah I patched it. Even removed 8gb of stuff and did a database rebuild but still no good. Guess I'm just gonna have to grind it again just I know whats coming now so won't be like my original save if you know what I mean. Leave it till the weekend will probably be up for it then. Thanks.

Edit: Yeah single player but not logged onto PSN unless it auto logged. It had started to load slow and was having issues even before I got to that point with cut scene characters moving like cardboard cutouts. Hard to explain. Just hoping its not my PS3 giving up the ghost.

I had a similar issue with the save file corrupting on my PS3 version. Made me give up on the game as I was fair bit through it and didn't want to restart.

Recently got a PS4 with the remastered copy so will start from scratch with that instead.

I had a similar issue with the save file corrupting on my PS3 version. Made me give up on the game as I was fair bit through it and didn't want to restart.

Recently got a PS4 with the remastered copy so will start from scratch with that instead.

RDw4c7I.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

finished grounded mode a couple days ago, definitely worth one last play-through just to test your skill, i died hundreds of times but i found relying on partners along the way helped. and a good bit of stealth. if you pick a fight with groups of enemies on grounded you're on **** street unless you can run.

im near the end of left behind on grounded after beating the rest of the difficulties. the last part is sh1t, keep getting flanked, ellie's literally useless at hand to hand, you'd miss joel and his punches :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Perhaps this has been posted before, but I've just come across this fantastic 'making of' documentary. It's very detailed and really well-produced. Highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Joshua J wrote: »
    Only just got this on Saturday traded in a few games in Cex. Has anybody had any trouble with corrupted saves?. I'm at the point just after the science building cut scene where Ellie helping Joel on a horse and the game freezes going to the next scene. I tought it was a faulty disk at first so went back and got exchanged today but still the same. I have a save about 3 hrs from before in the sewers and I dont wanna have to do it again it took me ages to pass and only did pass cause I jammed it lol.

Are you using PS3? If so I had all sorts of issues with my phat PS3 running it... Kept crashing at certain parts of the game, causing my PS3 to shutdown from overheating. Took me months to finish the game, and by poor fluke, also taking the case off the ps3 and having a fan on it for the moments where I knew it'd crash.

One of the main reasons I bought the PS4 version just so I could replay it without tearing my hair out.... Well, I still tore my hair out, but only because I played it on grounded. :D

I completed the game on normal. I want to replay it on a harder difficulty but I also want the benefits of New Game Plus. But what if I start the game on New Game Plus but then switch difficulty as soon as possible. Can you do that? I realise I won't get the trophy for the the harder difficulty, but I'm not concerned about trophies. In fact, can trophies be turned off on PS4? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I completed the game on normal. I want to replay it on a harder difficulty but I also want the benefits of New Game Plus. But what if I start the game on New Game Plus but then switch difficulty as soon as possible. Can you do that? I realise I won't get the trophy for the the harder difficulty, but I'm not concerned about trophies. In fact, can trophies be turned off on PS4? Thanks.

When you clear the game on normal, start new game +. Complete the first chapter, start chapeter 2,
    when time jumps ahead[/SPOILER, and then quit to main menu. The load chapter in ng+ and choose the 1st one again and choose any difficulty you want and go on to clear the game and you get the trophy for that difficulty. That worked for me. Vid explaining it below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbL59wsmBLE

Also, in the PS4 settings, you can turn off Trophy notifications so they will never pop up for you. You'll still get them in the background but won't have any disruptions during your game.

.ak wrote: »
    Are you using PS3? If so I had all sorts of issues with my phat PS3 running it... Kept crashing at certain parts of the game, causing my PS3 to shutdown from overheating. Took me months to finish the game, and by poor fluke, also taking the case off the ps3 and having a fan on it for the moments where I knew it'd crash.

One of the main reasons I bought the PS4 version just so I could replay it without tearing my hair out.... Well, I still tore my hair out, but only because I played it on grounded. :D

Yeah PS3. I went back to the previous save I had and got back to the place I was and it carried on no probs. Must have been a corrupted save. Finished it on Sunday and I've thought about it every day since. I've seen some sh*t. Joel did the right thing. Great game.

I (as well as many others here) have said before but I wish I could have this game wiped from memory so I can play it all again as a new experience.

Mad to play it again and finish off the multiplayer trophies.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    When you clear the game on normal, start new game +. Complete the first chapter, start chapeter 2,
    when time jumps ahead[/SPOILER, and then quit to main menu. The load chapter in ng+ and choose the 1st one again and choose any difficulty you want and go on to clear the game and you get the trophy for that difficulty. That worked for me. Vid explaining it below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbL59wsmBLE

Also, in the PS4 settings, you can turn off Trophy notifications so they will never pop up for you. You'll still get them in the background but won't have any disruptions during your game.

That's great. Cheers! I know the hardcore way would be to just up the difficulty and play it from scratch, but I've actually never played New Game + on any game before, so I'm quite keen to keep on giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

That's great. Cheers! I know the hardcore way would be to just up the difficulty and play it from scratch, but I've actually never played New Game + on any game before, so I'm quite keen to keep on giving it a go.

It's definitely worth it. The Left Behind add on is also worth a go. I'm playing it on Grounded now and it's great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Anyone experienced problems online? I've been getting the disconnected plug symbol ever since I started. It's fine one minute and then it stops me moving and always happens when I'm in contact with other players. People have kicked me from sessions because they must think I'm taking the piss when I actually can't play
    properly because of my ****ty connection.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Anyone experienced problems online? I've been getting the disconnected plug symbol ever since I started. It's fine one minute and then it stops me moving and always happens when I'm in contact with other players. People have kicked me from sessions because they must think I'm taking the piss when I actually can't play
    properly because of my ****ty connection.
    Problem with TLOU multiplayer is that it uses P2P connectivity.
    I have had awful issues with this before because of port forwarding issues / low bandwidth.
    Ping time's have little or no relevance with this game from what I understand, you just need a good upload and download rate.

If I look back at my old internet connection (Eircom 2mb down 512 up) I could still play most games with little or no lag and a decent enough ping of around 60ms (CS:GO, etc..), but if I attempted to play TLOU on PS3 it was unplayable.

Fine now since I use 4G

Bit of a revival and i see there are a few TLOU threads so said id boost this one as the game is now on PS Plus so will either have new players or people going back to play the story again or multiplayer.

Anyone going back to multiplayer mode Factions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Anytime I go to put this on I seem to have a problem with the disc. I think I bought the game twice and also had to rob the brother's copy. It only occurred to me I can now have it digitally so got it yesterday. Now I have it forever and ever..............

until Sony take it off me anyway

What year is it!!!?
    2015 I'm banging on about 4G on a PS4

What year is it!!!?
    2015 I'm banging on about 4G on a PS4

for those of us with PS plus it's June 2013 all over again
    what a time to be alive

For anyone interested, multiplayer is choc full off new players. Usually I'm the lowest ranked player in a match with the majority being in the high hundreds. Last night, each game had just a couple of high hundreds while everyone else was under 10. Great time to jump back in.

I've seen the youtube videos of lads coming from 18 down to solo kill the enemy. If you think I'm going to offer myself up as youtube fodder you're sadly mistaken.

I actually really liked the MP when it launched but like most MP experiences it was the best and the worst of it. I love BF4 for example but sometimes it feels like I'm about to have a stroke. I'm not sure why I torment myself so.

Well in my goal to get the platinum, i thought it would be a slog but really enjoying it. On my 12th week of firefly journey, just 1 more 100% risk mission to contend with. The one in 11th week, i chose Heal again. Had to perform 10 heals to avoid being wiped out and then 15 and 20 were the other targets. I hit 20 in my first game just by following noobs around :)

But yeah, there are some unreal players who tend to just go around and kill everyone but I'm actually getting shiv kills and multi kills now which is nice :)

WTF is this voodoo ****? I downed him and he popped back up. Even after a shiv, it looked like he was still in the game and didn't give me any parts for the kill.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1180110106266148864?s=19

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was gonna pay 20 for this last week, thank god I didn't, installing atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

I just beat it on Grounded+. It's not that different to Survivor TBH, definitely doable. That part in Winter where you're fending off waves of infected with David was a right PITA though, half the time the clickers didn't get stunned by the bricks!

• Advertisement

I did it on survivor, it was both the worst and best gaming experience I've had, well kinda. I couldn't face going outside after let alone thinking of doing it on grounded.

Advertisement