Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,863 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Players slipping all over the place simple passes going a stray balls being dropped. Meath looked very cautious in going forward almost reluctant at times.

I thought this as well, they’d get in and around the 45 and fair enough there was somewhat of a blue wall but it was like they were afraid to try and do something for fear of loosing the ball. They’d slow up and hand pass laterally getting absolutely nowhere, ball like glue to their fingers.

A stupid stubbornness that when clear was reaping zero rewards should have been scrapped but they persisted. Ok the Dublin defense were fantastic but it’s gets to a stage where by your own ineptitude and unwillingness to change you are only easing their path to victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Love to know what he’s getting. Must be a tidy sum.
    Some New York club got Austin gleeson too, cant have been cheap either.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,249 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Love to know what he’s getting. Must be a tidy sum.
    Some New York club got Austin gleeson too, cant have been cheap either.

Saw Colm Basquel's name mentioned somewhere as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Gael85

blanch152 wrote: »
    Saw Colm Basquel's name mentioned somewhere as well.

Basquel went away two weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Gael85 wrote: »
    Basquel went away two weeks ago.

Never really kicked on did he.

I'd forgot all about him.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Never really kicked on did he.

True. With Flynn retiring was a opportunity for him at wing forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭enricoh

I just watched the Sunday Game - Tomas O'Se said it was over an hour of his life he won't get back....

I found that gas because like you. I thought it was a decent enough game considering the conditions, and the gap in standard between the sides.
    It was about a 50 minute ish competitive game when you think about it.

I think the pundits are trying to out do each other in the negativity!
    If the dubs had have been playing kerry the night before instead of cork, they'd have been 14 points up at half time n game over.
    The wides killed meath who are usually way more accurate. Had a few more gone over, it would be tight enough til the 60th minute, n then the dubs would stick on the afterburners.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

enricoh wrote: »
    I think the pundits are trying to out do each other in the negativity!
    If the dubs had have been playing kerry the night before instead of cork, they'd have been 14 points up at half time n game over.
    The wides killed meath who are usually way more accurate. Had a few more gone over, it would be tight enough til the 60th minute, n then the dubs would stick on the afterburners.

I think Tomas O'Se is just sick of Kerry not being top dogs.
    It drives him mad I think.
    He must go to sleep at night thinking 'De Dubs'
    Then wake up thinking 'De Dubs'.

I really get a kick out of it to be honest, because up until fairly recently I never saw Dublin beat Kerry in my lifetime in league/championship.
    I remember Dublin drew with Kerry about 10 years ago, in a league game in Tralee and I was chuffed.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Good news for McCarthy, good news for us.

His knee injury isn't as bad as first feared, at least according to reports. See here.

Hopefully this is true, we definitely lose something without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

I really get a kick out of it to be honest, because up until fairly recently I never saw Dublin beat Kerry in my lifetime in league/championship.
    I remember Dublin drew with Kerry about 10 years ago, in a league game in Tralee and I was chuffed.

The rivalry was always condescending on their part. As it was mostly to Cork, although there was a real edge to that at times. They hated Dublin until 1978 and '79 when they could laugh at us again.

Now we have joined a small but elite band of counties - Galway and Down in the 1960s, and Tyrone in the noughties - who got the better of them. By far the better of them in fact.

Of course it will all be forgotten when they do beat us and there will be unrivalled scenes of joy as there was when they beat a fading Tyrone down there in the qualifiers. So ABK for me boys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Not being smart or anything, genuine question, will he bother coming back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Pogue eile wrote: »

Hard to know as we don't know the real reason he hasn't played the last couple of years. If it is simply that's he's tired of it and wanted a break then seems reasonable to assume he'll back. There's been a few silly rumours doing the round so who knows maybe one of them is true

Can't see happening now. He be 33 next year. Has been a great servant for club and county. Owes Dublin nothing at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Can't see happening now. He be 33 next year. Has been a great servant for club and county. Owes Dublin nothing at this stage.

I actually meant will be come back from the states at all. Would imagine his intercounty career is over at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

I actually meant will be come back from the states at all. Would imagine his intercounty career is over at this stage.

He will definitely be back. Dermo was shafted on a big level at intercounty level and it's a shame it will never be public knowledge as it taints his career a small bit

He will definitely be back. Dermo was shafted on a big level at intercounty level and it's a shame it will never be public knowledge as it taints his career a small bit

Nothing tainted. DC is a private man who rarely done interviews with media. He won 5 AI with and 2 club AI. has nothing to prove to anyone. Will be remembered as one of the greats. He will be back with St Vincents in August.

Nothing tainted. DC is a private man who rarely done interviews with media. He won 5 AI with and 2 club AI. has nothing to prove to anyone. Will be remembered as one of the greats. He will be back with St Vincents in August.

Nothing tainted- You clearly don't know dermo and what he went through after everything that went on.

Nothing tainted- You clearly don't know dermo and what he went through after everything that went on.

I'm well of rumours. I was talking about his GAA career. He is amateur player and shouldn't be subjected to off the pitch speculation.

• Advertisement

I'm well of rumours. I was talking about his GAA career. He is amateur player and shouldn't be subjected to off the pitch speculation.

He was dragged before meetings to explain his behaviour( Dublin hierarchy shafted him) he won't be back in a Dublin Jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I have always found Tomas to be very fulsome in his praise of Dublin, no hint of any sort of jealousy or bitterness whatsoever.
    For a neutral it was a dreadful first half, error-ridden and full of missed chances.
    There was never any prospect of a Meath win, to beat the Dubs you need to be hitting near 20 points or 1-16 etc, if Meath were still there since Sunday, they wouldn't have got to that total.
    At half-time the handicap was 12 points even though the Dubs were only 4 up and for them playing quite poorly, everyone knew what was coming in the second half and the game was very quickly put beyond Meath.
    So as a neutral I would agree with Tomas, a very poor game that will only live in the memory for the ineptness of the Meath attack - not really Dublins fault, they were excellent once they got into full flow and Mannion is just a joy to watch as is McCaffrey when he turns on the after-burners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

DC may have to make alternative plans for the summer

DoctaDee wrote: »
    DC may have to make alternative plans for the summer

He's already gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yeah. No DC. What on earth are we all gonna talk about all summer long now?

Hope to God the Mayo Nays don't get knocked out tomorrow night, or we'll be rightly donald ducked for subject matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Lads I'm driving up from Wexford for the match Sunday, and taking the Park and Ride option for the Luas. I usually park at Carrickmines, but want to go get back to the car quicker on way home, so would Stillorgan/Sandyford P and R make more sense? Or are they much of a muchness.

My theory is that by the time I get back to the car, homebound traffic should have dissipated, as opposed to parking near to Croker and getting caught in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Stillorgan be better bet for getting on the road down I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭yobr

Lads I'm driving up from Wexford for the match Sunday, and taking the Park and Ride option for the Luas. I usually park at Carrickmines, but want to go get back to the car quicker on way home, so would Stillorgan/Sandyford P and R make more sense? Or are they much of a muchness.

My theory is that by the time I get back to the car, homebound traffic should have dissipated, as opposed to parking near to Croker and getting caught in traffic.

Its about 7 minutes between Sandyford and Carrickmines so not a huge saving. If there is a lot of traffic then there will be the usual blockage around Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

yobr wrote: »

Its about 7 minutes between Sandyford and Carrickmines so not a huge saving. If there is a lot of traffic then there will be the usual blockage around Bray.

Sound. I might stick to Carrickmines so as at least it's just off the motorway.

Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

yobr wrote: »

Yeah, day tripper traffic into Bray can be horrendous on a summer Sunday, but the worst of it is usually on the Dublin side of the motorway, not the Wexford side. Think he'll be ok coming up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement